A Day in TalkPhotography™ Time. Discussion. FINAL DEADLINE - 1800hrs GMT 29/9/10

I'm desperate for my subject to come out to play! Its looking windy so he/she may well not!

EDIT: Seconds after I hit reply, the barn owl comes into sight. Be back soon! fingers crossed! :D

Last edited:
yeah we would do a photobook in conjunction with Blurb, so anyone would be able to buy it.

I was hoping to be able to get a Glamour / Implied Nude in the desert done for this, coming all the way to UK from the desert of Saudi. Alas, that is something I'm still not able to pull with any reasonable quality.

Also, being the fasting month, were we don't eat, drink or absorb in any worldly passions from sunrise to sunset; it would have been practically suicidal to attempt anything in the heated desert at 48C (today's temperature out there).

So, I'm about to head out to get my shot. I have three ideas in mind; the first one, if I can pull it off then I'll come straight back and post it. Otherwise, I will be out shooting until the late hours of tonight.

That book idea is a great idea, whomever thought of it deserves a whole box of Jaffa cakes (y).

I woke up early enough to get out for sunrise but was too lazy to do anything about it. Managed to get along to the park with the macro lens earlier but not overly impressed with my shots (spent an hour trying to get a dragonfly in flight)
On my way home from there the car started chugging and the engine management light came on so I can't get very far now.
So really not sure whether to post a dragonfly which is just not quite right or wait until Mrs Sprout comes home and use her car to get a night shot somewhere.
Wish I hadn't said what I said earlier in the thread :puke:

I have some images taken with my passion (and today too :D ) but I am undecided about what best fits the bill... :cautious:

I will get something up later for sure though and happy to be part of Matt's superb initiative... (y)

NOTE: My image may not be everyone's idea of a passion, nor strictly representative of 'today' but it's mine and at least I am supporting the cause... :D ...and anyway why would anyone give a sweet monkey's fart about (mis)interpretations of others... :naughty:

:p

I have some images taken with my passion (and today too :D ) but I am undecided about what best fits the bill... :cautious:

I will get something up later for sure though and happy to be part of Matt's superb initiative... (y)

NOTE: My image may not be everyone's idea of a passion, nor strictly representative of 'today' but it's mine and at least I am supporting the cause... :D ...and anyway why would anyone give a sweet monkey's fart about (mis)interpretations of others... :naughty:

Hey all - apologies for my TP PM inbox being full - have now emptied.

Thank you so much for all your support... it is...well, staggering!

YOU LOT RULE!!

M

'tis done
'tis well 'tis done
'tis done well

or thereabouts

a superb collection of pictures
well done everyone (y)
also smoothedit for organising! :clap:

I'm done and my full res entry emailed!

There are some cracking shots happening.

This was a great idea, the picture thread has some fab shots well done everyone and thanks to Smoothedit for thinking it up!

Last edited:
Can we have a warning on the picture thread now that Susane has posted that monster!!! :eek:

Been out three times today now, i've 4 rolls of film to go through - one of which is in the post to Kansas via Lausanne tomorrow morning, another to a slightly nearer pro-lab went in the postbox in it's prepaid mailer tonight, and the other 2 I'll develop myself over the next few days and get scanning. Surely I'll get something out of that little lot :)

I've had one of those stupid days where nothing's gone to plan :( no driving and a very ill friend to take care of means I've only just done mine - and it's not one of my best. Am holding out on posting it in case I can get another one before midnight!

Hi Matt

Firstly, a fabulous idea. Secondly, some great images here.

Have finally added mine to the collection. I had grand designs of a dawn shot, and then an evening shot, but was sitting around, drinking tea and waiting for dusk when I saw Jack asleep on Rach so I could not resist.

Here he is at 3 days old. Does it show my passion?.. well, it's a portrait and it is in Black and White and he is my most favourite thing in the world at the moment! Does it show my skill?.. I hope so... I have gone for a shallow depth of field and a tightish crop, the conversion was done in PS - bw, slight vignette and some noise to give it a film look. How has TP helped me develop?.. I think I had Edinburgh Gary's shot of Skye in mind but was also thinking about Simon R's penchant for bw images... so I guess it would be inspirational work and sage advice.

Cheers

Spooks

Last edited:
Thank you so much all - I am all :D :D :D :clap: :clap: :clap:

I started to write a post in reply to all of you but I think I will save that until after 23.59.

A quick question - I am planning to put the slideshow with music. Obviously we cannot use any commercial music without a license so I was wondering if any of you had suggestions of what we could use royalty free or indeed if you have your own band? If you do I will be getting a few people together to help choose a piece to put the showcase with so please chuck me a pm or email.

I am still in shock. My email is going chicken oriental!

Found this recently... not sure it fits but its a great acoustic piece!

Over the rainbow by israel kamakawiwo'ole

Plus it goes on for a while so you may be able to fit alot of photos in!

Found this recently... not sure it fits but its a great acoustic piece!

Over the rainbow by israel kamakawiwo'ole

Plus it goes on for a while so you may be able to fit alot of photos in!

I love that piece of music and a unique take on a classic song

Can anyone confirm if the deadline for submissions is midnight? Or is it simply the deadline for the photo to be taken? If it's the latter, people will be able to take photos in the dying minutes of the day....otherwise, I presume about 10 to? :D

Can anyone confirm if the deadline for submissions is midnight? Or is it simply the deadline for the photo to be taken? If it's the latter, people will be able to take photos in the dying minutes of the day....otherwise, I presume about 10 to? :D

Somewhere in this thread there's talk of people doing their entry on film, and sending it off to the States to have it developed. Unlikely for it to be back by 23:59 tonight I'd say :D

I think the 20th of September was the actual deadline?

Taken deadline Gary... :D

Toby - is it royalty free?

EG - DOOOOO IT!! I hear the Skye is nice at night ;) Deadline is midnight for the shots to be taken. Slideshow will be put together in september so will need all shots emailed and in thread by the 20th September please.

Andrea - Good luck! (y)

Last edited:
Take this line "The subject can be absolutely anything you like so long as it is taken at that specific date" as meaning as long as its taken today processed as soon as possible. see first post.

Thank you so much all - I am all :D :D :D :clap: :clap: :clap:

I started to write a post in reply to all of you but I think I will save that until after 23.59.

A quick question - I am planning to put the slideshow with music. Obviously we cannot use any commercial music without a license so I was wondering if any of you had suggestions of what we could use royalty free or indeed if you have your own band? If you do I will be getting a few people together to help choose a piece to put the showcase with so please chuck me a pm or email.

I am still in shock. My email is going chicken oriental!

I think there are two people you could ask to compose something for this, one who is working on What the Butler Saw!

Spooks

OO Now that is a good idea Simon.

But who could offer brotherly 'encouragement'?!

I will send him a text!

Hmmm not sure Toby - I think it is only the snippet that can be used for demo'ing the song. Will have a lookout for it.

Back