Allan.H TP 52 2021 SHOWCASE added

Very nicely lit Allan. shooting in churches is usually difficult, so I'm guessing you waited for just the right light to illuminate the cross without getting horrible shadows. Is the roof/ceiling glass?

Very nicely lit Allan. shooting in churches is usually difficult, so I'm guessing you waited for just the right light to illuminate the cross without getting horrible shadows. Is the roof/ceiling glass?
It was just a grab shot on my lunch break really, the cross is lit but for some reason its lit red o_O so I took down the reds but there is still a slight pink cast to it.
The ceiling is just painted.
Thanks for looking in Tim

It was just a grab shot on my lunch break really, the cross is lit but for some reason its lit red o_O so I took down the reds but there is still a slight pink cast to it.
The ceiling is just painted.
Thanks for looking in Tim
Blimey, you would never tell it was a grab shot.
I can see the pink hue, but just assumed it was the type of stone used.
The ceiling really does have the look of some kind of orange coloured skylight, with the way it pops like that.

Yep - nailed that one :)

I thought it was natural HDR too.. nicely exposed and an damned fine "grab" shot.

Nice image and fits the theme nicely

Nice busy buzzy bee :)

Snappers choice
Really like the composition, colours and the detail.

The composition works perfectly, and the DOF fall-off is great.

Nice one Allan, a lovely natural history shot, good work.

Stone hands, looks like he bites his nails as well. Good atmospherics in the picture as well with the OOF background.

Pete

Fits the theme well Allan. I like the depth of field and composition with the 'oof' onlookers.

Exposure must have been tricky with the window in the background?

Fits the theme well Allan. I like the depth of field and composition with the 'oof' onlookers.

Exposure must have been tricky with the window in the background?
I work for the church not in any religious capacity, so this week I thought there must be lots of praying hands no such luck this was one of the few things I could find.
The sun was on another side of the building so that helped with the exposure but still I was surprised on how well it turned out, the lighting in cathedrals can be a bit hit and miss to be fair.
Thanks for the comment

Really nice interesting image especially with the background. I like the shallow depth of field.

Nice image that works well in B&W, if I had a criticism it would be that the window is off centre (but that's just my OCD :) )

Back