Best shows on Prime/Netflix?

Don't know if it's been mentioned but I highly recommend "Schitts Creek".
A bit marmite but I loved it.

I'd forgotten about that. We were watching it but lapsed. I might sign up again.

Another we've lapsed on is Future Man, we really liked the first series but after that much less so.

I'd forgotten about that. We were watching it but lapsed. I might sign up again.

Another we've lapsed on is Future Man, we really liked the first series but after that much less so.
I binge watched it. It improved with each series.

Never heard of future man.

I binge watched it. It improved with each series.

Never heard of future man.

Future Man is a 1/2 hour sci fi comedy. The plot is that two super soldiers from the future travel back to today to get the help of a guy who is in reality just about useless. It's very crude but very funny in places or at least the first series is.

Future Man is a 1/2 hour sci fi comedy. The plot is that two super soldiers from the future travel back to today to get the help of a guy who is in reality just about useless. It's very crude but very funny in places or at least the first series is.
Sounds like my cup of tea. (y) :D

I like the old Sherlock Holmes films with Basil Rathbone and Nigel Bruce and I was pleased to find lots of them you can watch free on Youtube.

No, but I think the new series could actually be better than the original.

Hopefully, the original got a bit daft at the end. Saying that, most series do, can't actually think of one that had a satisfactory ending.

Actually, maybe the Americans. (brilliant series)

I gave up with that but after reading this I might give it another go, thanks.

One thing in our household that caused annoyance with the original Dexter was the number of sex scenes. There seemed to be fewer in New Blood.

I gave up with that but after reading this I might give it another go, thanks.

One thing in our household that caused annoyance with the original Dexter was the number of sex scenes. There seemed to be fewer in New Blood.

Talking of annoyances, the new series of Ozark. I have no problem with swearing if used in context but there is no real reason apart from effect.

Talking of annoyances, the new series of Ozark. I have no problem with swearing if used in context but there is no real reason apart from effect.

Ah, I've been waiting for this so I'll probably sign up again to see it but I should wait until Mrs WW gets back from abroad :D

Thanks for the reminder :D

Just re-watched The Closer on Amazon, Kyra Sedgwick was excellent in the title role.

Binged Stranger Things S:4 over the weekend, great series - 7 episodes, returns in July [looks like there's just 2 episodes to go - hate these mid season breaks!] maybe I should have spared some but I was enjoying it

Other than that and keeping up with Better call Saul [also now on a mid season break] I've just been watching random docu's

Binged Stranger Things S:4 over the weekend, great series - 7 episodes, returns in July [looks like there's just 2 episodes to go - hate these mid season breaks!] maybe I should have spared some but I was enjoying it

Other than that and keeping up with Better call Saul [also now on a mid season break] I've just been watching random docu's

I've seen all of these except the last series but on DVD. I'm looking forward to seeing the latest.

We got to the end of the 1st series of "Outer Range" and I'm hoping they do another series.

I know it's just on Sky, but we have really got into "Blue Bloods" again after the first couple of seasons. We're now on S11, and S12 is being shown in the US. Tom Selleck is looking a bit older than when he played Magnum :LOL:

Also, the Blacklist is back... Gotta watch the blacklist. And we've just started watching the Obi-Wan series on Star Wars/Disney

Yellowstone on My5 is getting very good.

Cattle ranching family with major issues and dubious tactics amid the splendour of Montana - Kevin Costner is the titular family member

The first season was so-so but if you stick with it season 2 really gets into its stride.

Season 1 available on My5 until July 22

There is a new entry to the streaming wars today, Paramount Plus has launched.

There is a new entry to the streaming wars today, Paramount Plus has launched.
Had it on a free trial, but cancelled it now and ends today.
The latest Star Trek "Strange New Worlds" is on it, watched the four available episodes, its ok.
Also watched another Sci-Fi called "Halo" first episode was promising, second not so much, again its ok.

Didn't see much else on there to interest me, lots of old stuff and think its a bit overpriced at £6.99 a month.
The way people are dropping Netflix as the recession bites makes me think Paramount + will find it hard going.

Last edited:
I remember the hype around Stranger Things when it first came out but it wasn't really my kind of thing so I didn't bother. Then everyone started talking about it again when season 4 came out o a couple of weeks ago, I thought what the hell and gave it a go Just finished season 4 and will probably rewatch it all before season 5 is released.

Bosch is back!! New on Prime, Bosch - The Legacy - where he's now a PI and his daughter is a trainee street cop. Watched the first 2, looks as good as ever.

We sat through Spiderman No Way Home. I thought it was slow, boring and just awful. I suppose the action sequences near the end will suit some but overall I thought it was just overly long, overly slow and just awful. I googled reviews and was amazed to see people liked it.

Last edited:
I remember the hype around Stranger Things when it first came out but it wasn't really my kind of thing so I didn't bother. Then everyone started talking about it again when season 4 came out o a couple of weeks ago, I thought what the hell and gave it a go Just finished season 4 and will probably rewatch it all before season 5 is released.

It surprised me too, my daughter was watching it and harping on about how great it was so I said I'd give it a go, got completely hooked. Same goes for the Umbrella Academy, if you've not tried that one yet.

Latest I've watched - mostly docu's, most recent being Woodstock '99, what a complete s**t show that turned out to be! [the event, not the docu]

The Newsreader on Iplayer, its about an aussie tv newsroom in the 80's
Anna Torv is always good and this is no exception
Secret City is another series she starred in and was also very good.

Anyone watching The Sandman? Watched the first 4 and it's very good so far.
Six episodes in and it's superb. The test for me was always going to be how "The sound of her wings" translated onto the screen and it was just right, as affecting as it was on the printed page. Tacking on "Men of good fortune" (my favourite out of all 75 of the comics) onto the same episode was no problem, even though it's a bit earlier than it appears in the original run as both stories are crucial in setting the character of Dream, and I love the interactions with Hob Gadling.

I've been waiting for this for over 20 years and really hope they don't do the standard Netflix thing of cancelling after two or three seasons.

Six episodes in and it's superb. The test for me was always going to be how "The sound of her wings" translated onto the screen and it was just right, as affecting as it was on the printed page. Tacking on "Men of good fortune" (my favourite out of all 75 of the comics) onto the same episode was no problem, even though it's a bit earlier than it appears in the original run as both stories are crucial in setting the character of Dream, and I love the interactions with Hob Gadling.

I've been waiting for this for over 20 years and really hope they don't do the standard Netflix thing of cancelling after two or three seasons.
I must confess, I've never read any of them but I did se an interview with Neil Gaiman and he was very pleased with the adaptation.

Just watched Reacher on Prime. It is excellent as per the book not like the rubbish Tom Cruise movie. A second series has been approved.

Dave
Agreed, it’s very good and thankfully true to the book. Well cast too, not like the Tom Cruise supposedly being 6 foot 6 rubbish. :eek::D Looking forward to the next series.

We’ve just watched the new Resident Evil series on Netflix. It’s ok, but not great.

Also been watching Better Call Saul from the start. I liked Breaking Bad but this is even better. Superb acting and a great storyline with lots of twists and turns and interesting to see how Slippin’ Jimmy gradually develops.

Going to start on Sandman after that, seems to be getting lots of recommendations.

Last edited:
BCS ends next week. I have really enjoyed it and already started watching it from the start again.

I have to see how much Disney+ is, as I am interested in 'Welcome to Wrexham'.. while it is great that the mighty reds have international recognition now thanks to the new owners and sponsors, just makes it harder to get matchday tickets... supported the club since the 1970s, always went with my Dad, and until 2 years ago getting tickets was no problem....

I don’t usually do superhero stuff, but She Hulk launches today. I’ll watch it because the lead, Tatiana Maslany, is an amazing actor.

I see that Disney+ has overtaken Netflix in subscriber numbers.

They must have gotten in a lot of new [decent] shows, we had it for Christmas, I was very disappointed with it and ended the sub after a month. Same with Prime, we'd not bother much with that only we have Amazon Prime so get it by default - the only 2 shows I've watched on there in the past few years were The Boys and Jeremy Clarkson's farm

I've started Midnight Mass on NF, bit slow to start but after the third episode it's certainly got a lot more interesting

BCS ends next week. I have really enjoyed it and already started watching it from the start again.

I have to see how much Disney+ is, as I am interested in 'Welcome to Wrexham'.. while it is great that the mighty reds have international recognition now thanks to the new owners and sponsors, just makes it harder to get matchday tickets... supported the club since the 1970s, always went with my Dad, and until 2 years ago getting tickets was no problem....

I've been holding on to the final episode of BCS for a week now! Once I watch it I know my time with the BB/BCS universe is done for good and that makes me a bit sad. I'm not one for re-watching shows, though I have watched numerous BB episodes more than once, maybe I'll do similar with BCS, it does have some gem episodes

Back