weekly Boots' 52 for 2024

Lacking inspiration but you have nailed it with your summer shot. Great reflection on the canal Drinks ticks my boxes!!

Summer: lovely cloud reflections. Certainly smacks of lazy summer days.
Drink: Great shot... you've really captured to bubbles!

Week 31 - Bridges

More of a conceptual bridge. Apologies about the "dutch" angle, but at least the seagull gives you a clue which way is up.

Conceptual Bridge.JPG

Mono works well for the bridge, like then detail in the brackets/bolts

Week 32 - Hot

You just pause for breath, then you find you are five weeks behind!

Time for a bit of a catch up.

Hot.JPG

It was certainly hot in Dubrovnik, but at least they had free water.

Week 33 - Song Lyric

Song Lyric.JPG

We're all goin' on a summer holiday
No more workin' for a week or two
Fun and laughter on our summer holiday
No more worries for me or you
For a week or two

Week 34 - Cutlery

Err, bit of a stretch here (geddit)... If you're going to do some Porridge, you're going to need a Spoon.

Sorry!

Cutlery.JPG

I see it's got air conditioning though.....

Interesting and unusual shot
Oh yes, very well ventilated!

It was an interesting place. Kupari, just south of Dubrovnik. There are some abandoned hotels which had previously been used by the Yugoslavian National Army, but during the civil war they were shelled and have not been demolished or restored. In the intervening years, anything of value has been stripped out. There are "plans" of what to do with them, but as the locals are quick to point out, there are always plans.

Thanks for stopping by Simon.

Week 36 - Tool

Tool.JPG

Probably some people are going "Huh?", here are some clues:

- These tools come in pairs (usually).
- They are long, but not as long as they would have been 40 odd years ago.
- The metal edges are very sharp, but not straight.
- The asymmetry you see is intentional, as one part sits on top of its corresponding partner.

If you are still stuck (and care) let me know and I'll post an explainer.

a) it's a great shot, love the detail and texture, and that colour contrast with the background!
b) Considered and rejected about a dozen thoughts as to what this could be
c) both stuck and care, but leave the reveal for a while and lets see if anyone else has a suggestion

TOOLS.

I was going to suggest scissors - but it feels like the 'edges' wouldn't be parallel this far apart.

Snappers Choice.

Right up my street this one. Composition looks spot on too.

HOT

Reminds me of when we went last year.

Got to 45 degrees, so I understand just how HOT it can be.

Last edited:
Ooo, I like the tool one and would very much like to know what it is. Like Kell I was going to suggest scissors but wondering if they're perhaps wire cutters?

a) it's a great shot, love the detail and texture, and that colour contrast with the background!
c) both stuck and care, but leave the reveal for a while and lets see if anyone else has a suggestion

TOOLS.

I was going to suggest scissors - but it feels like the 'edges' wouldn't be parallel this far apart.

Snappers Choice.

HOT

Ooo, I like the tool one and would very much like to know what it is. Like Kell I was going to suggest scissors but wondering if they're perhaps wire cutters?

I'm flummoxed on the tool

Thanks all for taking the time to comment.

I'll do explain the tool shot on Wednesday - unless some gets it in the meantime.

TOOLS.

Snappers Choice.

HOT

I'm flummoxed on the tool

Interesting shot, and I'm also flummoxed!

Well, as promised, here is the answer - a pair of skis. < cue sigh of disappointment >

Here is a slightly wider shot, albeit on a day with different lighting.

Tool 2.JPG

We'll let that one slide I think. Shots like this are a slippery slope :D

I am catching up also, but on comments. "Hot", cropping down to focus on the two people walking right to left made it much more interesting and brought out the hot element more as well for me, bringing more attention to the lady sat in the shade. Just my opinion though.

Good catch up, it's hard when you fall behind. I think Snapper's choice is my favourite of the bunch but I admire the colossal shoehorning of the prison shot!

Back