Capture a stranger street style : Part 2

AP1GczPDow3NohGdgUPEaXC27-PqPK3tRnnstOUdasT8xUZuxGg11aR55OGqp0crmshrQ0PM1pmR1pIqYqEgDSLsiOf_Xe2D-sKXB992NbcMRHd3fz4lMBitP2eMcXy9sfTfzk4gj2BE1X0H130RSmr4r5TmPw=w1041-h854-s-no-gm

A good selection of stuff here. That's something different George, I like it.

Hope you don't mind me joining in...
My first ever go at street photography:

This guy was watching a busker whilst I was eating my lunch at the same cafe. Taken on my iPhone.

First ever go at editing in a lens blur on Photoshop:

CC most welcome. Please remember I am very much a beginner, right at the start of my journey and do not have any other camera apart from my phone at the moment.

Last edited:

This guy was watching a busker whilst I was eating my lunch at the same cafe. Taken on my iPhone.

CC most welcome. Please remember I am very much a beginner, right at the start of my journey and do not have any other camera apart from my phone at the moment.

Very nice candid street style capture Nicola, liking this pic' very much.

"First of all you're very welcome on any thread on TP, and please don't apologise for using an "iPhone 15 Pro" they are very capable bits of kit. If it's any consolation I use my "iPhone 15 Pro Max" for pretty much all of my snapping these days instead of any of my dedicated cameras"

Last edited:

Interesting subject framed in an interesting way. Dead centre can be boring, and if he's on the edge of the picture looking out, it can make us more curious about what he's looking at. The lens blur is a good choice as it's just enough to bring our attention to the subject without making it obvious that you've done so. A good start, IMO.

As for the guy himself, drinking Coke and apparently not using sunblock, he's a good warning about leading a healthy lifestyle. :oops: :$

@G.K.Jnr. thank you! and thank you re. phone pics, I wasn't sure whether we should be posting photos taken on a phone or not.
Love my tech, iPhone 15 ProMax is a great bit of kit, just a bit too big for my hands!

@garryknight I love the candid nature of them looking at the poster and agree it would not work as a backdrop.
Thank you for your opinion on mine, much appreciated. I like interesting angles and wanted to bring an element of curiosity for the viewer (of the photo), so it is brilliant to read someone 'got it'. :D

That's a nice candid street style capture Garry, well seen & caught although I'm personally not too keen on the particular colour presentation for this snap.

"I featured quite a bit on Amy Winehouse etc in one of the two YouTubes I have done on Camden"

That's a nice candid street style capture Garry, well seen & caught although I'm personally not too keen on the particular colour presentation for this snap.

"I featured quite a bit on Amy Winehouse etc in one of the two YouTubes I have done on Camden"
Link to your YT channel, George?

Link to your YT channel, George?

Sorry Malc, but like quite a few YouTubers I work under a stage name. It's done so that any folk on sights such as this can give Honest Opinions if any without knowing who's behind the vid'.

Thanks, George. I seem to recall it was just the Classic Neg preset, tweaked a little.

Back