Dog Appreciation Thread, post your fave dog shots here...

here a shot of my brothers dog tiquana a Alaskan malamute took it at 3 cliffs bay in gower:)
5981428608_5d64d4c4af_z.jpg

A couple of my new ESS pup

Mij (KC Skye's Magic) - aged 9 weeks

8625170862_85bcc275a7_c.jpg

8625212204_f04bc2a890_c.jpg

8625165544_842d40afc4_c.jpg

8625221400_1e89c62864_c.jpg

Last edited:
i know a lot of people dont get the pet thing. thats up to them

But i have to say there are some great shots of peoples pooches on here (y)

i know a lot of people dont get the pet thing. thats up to them

Until you've owned a pet - a dog especially - I just don't think you understand. That was certainly true for me. When friends lost their dog a few years ago I had no appreciation of what they might be going through. Now, having lost one dog of my own to accident and having a second dog since, I've had my eyes opened. When you are responsible for a life - to feed, nurture, train, entertain and protect - how can you not become emotionally attached? I've heard that for some people they have a similar response when they have children. Weird, huh? :D

Until you've owned a pet - a dog especially - I just don't think you understand. That was certainly true for me. When friends lost their dog a few years ago I had no appreciation of what they might be going through. Now, having lost one dog of my own to accident and having a second dog since, I've had my eyes opened. When you are responsible for a life - to feed, nurture, train, entertain and protect - how can you not become emotionally attached? I've heard that for some people they have a similar response when they have children. Weird, huh? :D

completely agree, had dogs my whole life (apart from military life)
currently got 3 Shar Pei's and a 3 month old son. Its hard work but rewarding on al laccounts....

Last edited:

(y) Totally agree.

Another in 100% agreement here (y)

Here's our soft Border Collie putting on her best scary face and sending the sand flying as she chases a ball on the beach:

Scary doggy! by manxmaid2000, on Flickr

Took Bailey to Glencoe on Easter Sunday, had a great day with him..He was very very interested in the rescue helicoptor looking for the missing skier ( found dead that day).Everytime it flew near Bailey would stand tall with his ears forward watching intently--good for my pics..

Two very nice shots Mark, Bailey is a fine example of his breed.

Pip is our first dog (Greyhound / Bedlington terrier cross), got her by a chance walking through a local cat and dog shelter, she was bald all over her back quarter, turned out to be a flea allergy and was fixed with a couple of tea tree shampoo baths - she is such a tart.
This was her yesterday in the garden.

8688933644_a53500b2ca_c.jpg

Fawn is our blonde bombshell and second dog, she's a Saluki / Labrador cross and Pip's partner in crime, any mischief going on and they're involved. She was taken off the street the day before we got her. Yesterday in the garden (with Pip).

8688933464_2f390aa01e_c.jpg

This is Abby, another greyhound - I do have much better photos of her, but for me this captures her shyness and curiosity perfectly. She was in a terrible condition when we got her but you couldn't tell that now, although she is still very wary of anyone she hasn't met before.

3626051769_83894d173d_z.jpg

This is Tilly, we rescued her from a kennels local to us. They've had greyhounds taken from them for not feeding them properly. She was 8 when we got her, and she shared our lives until just before her 14th birthday two years ago. Missed her every day since, and I hope that feeling doesn't go away.

3603103487_86715d693e_z.jpg

And finally - This is Bill, we got him for Tilly - whenever we were out for walks she would cry on when she saw any male greyhound, but only greyhounds, so we went to the rescue where we volunteered some of our time and took Tilly, Pip, Fawn, Abby and Bill for a walk together. Tilly loved it, and Bill seemed quite happy having 4 girls around him, so we took him home and he settled right in - Tilly never made another fuss whenever we came across another greyhound fella. Bill just likes to chill. And run around with his toy giraffe. Then pee on it and leave it outside for us to collect and put in the washing machine.

8689076790_da0416ae95_c.jpg

Pip is our first dog (Greyhound / Bedlington terrier cross), got her by a chance walking through a local cat and dog shelter, she was bald all over her back quarter, turned out to be a flea allergy and was fixed with a couple of tea tree shampoo baths - she is such a tart.
This was her yesterday in the garden.

8688933644_a53500b2ca_c.jpg

Fawn is our blonde bombshell and second dog, she's a Saluki / Labrador cross and Pip's partner in crime, any mischief going on and they're involved. She was taken off the street the day before we got her. Yesterday in the garden (with Pip).

8688933464_2f390aa01e_c.jpg

This is Abby, another greyhound - I do have much better photos of her, but for me this captures her shyness and curiosity perfectly. She was in a terrible condition when we got her but you couldn't tell that now, although she is still very wary of anyone she hasn't met before.

3626051769_83894d173d_z.jpg

This is Tilly, we rescued her from a kennels local to us. They've had greyhounds taken from them for not feeding them properly. She was 8 when we got her, and she shared our lives until just before her 14th birthday two years ago. Missed her every day since, and I hope that feeling doesn't go away.

3603103487_86715d693e_z.jpg

And finally - This is Bill, we got him for Tilly - whenever we were out for walks she would cry on when she saw any male greyhound, but only greyhounds, so we went to the rescue where we volunteered some of our time and took Tilly, Pip, Fawn, Abby and Bill for a walk together. Tilly loved it, and Bill seemed quite happy having 4 girls around him, so we took him home and he settled right in - Tilly never made another fuss whenever we came across another greyhound fella. Bill just likes to chill. And run around with his toy giraffe. Then pee on it and leave it outside for us to collect and put in the washing machine.

8689076790_da0416ae95_c.jpg

Some great doggies in this thread, Its good to know that a lot of people spend a lot of time looking after these beautiful animals. (y)(y)(y)

Toonie

Hey everyone,
Just joined tonight and this was the first thread I had to post in. A lot of great images here. I'll get photos of my two American Bulldogs posted once I figure out how to attach an image!

Last edited:
This is the very messy Izzy. She needs a haircut. Soon.

8701616432_00f39199ed_b.jpg

She is one the dogs that represent our wuffstuff website, the other being the more well known Roxy, the Airedale. Without Izzy and Roxy we would still be working for other people in their offices.

Back