weekly Flyphots 52 for 2021: Week 52 'Showcase'

Than
I saw something similar on our apple tree and thought it was interesting and an "on the way" sort of shot. So I really like this and whilst - as you say - it's not a portfolio image, it would make a great filler image in a series.

Thanks Ian

I can see that image as part of a set, telling a story. Perhaps as part of a Spring to Winter journey. Nicely done.

Thanks Tim

Week 39 - Doors

Spotted this door in Conwy, and was taken by the shape of the 'window' (and the patina of the timber) - it is an archive image.

Window? is the Phoenix a window in the door?
I wouldn't have realised. Cool.

yes the bird shape is cut out of a metal plate (no glass in it though)

Week 40 - Architecture.

All 3 images are from the local coast so they are coastal architecture:

Beach Huts and a Lifeboat station ...

An old pier, replaced with a new pier ...

A juxtaposition of dilapidated old architecture and modern architecture ...

I thought you'd got the wrong photo personally and thought it was doors.
Photo 2 makes more sense for me, love those sort of hidden gems.

Yep - No2 does the job for me :)

Some of those beach huts could do with a lick of paint. End of season appearance I guess.
I think I actually prefer #3. B&W suits the feel of the shot and the state of the building.

Thanks Tim, yes indeed those beach huts have obviously seen a good season.

Week 41 - Red

A red apple, in an orchard on a sunny autumn afternoon ...

It certainly look red to me Jim :)

Week 42 - Irregular

Alfie, our new Jack Russel pup (we sadly lost our dear little Roxy a few weeks ago :( ) has irregular markings around the eyes.

That’s a gorgeous pic.

(Sorry for your loss)

Thanks, he's filled that Jack Russell shaped hole in our hearts and house :)

Points just for sheer cuteness... and spot on for the theme. Absolutely gorgeous puppy!

Points just for sheer cuteness... and spot on for the theme. Absolutely gorgeous puppy!

haha, I knew this one would draw some 'coo's and ahh's ;) he is a lovely boy and looks like he'll shape up to be a fine dog.

Oh my goodness, what a gorgeous pup, and such a poser!! Whatever the theme this week, he deserves shoehorning in, and I think irregular eye marking passes. :)

I'm sorry you lost Roxy. It is an awful wrench when they go and they leave a hole in every day.

Oh my goodness, what a gorgeous pup, and such a poser!! Whatever the theme this week, he deserves shoehorning in, and I think irregular eye marking passes. :)

I'm sorry you lost Roxy. It is an awful wrench when they go and they leave a hole in every day.

Thank you for the kind comments.

Looks like butter wouldn’t melt! Love the eyes.

'looks like' butter wouldn't melt yes, but ...... he's a handful when he wants to be, haha

That's a bit of a shoehorn Jim ;)
But as its a cute pup you are forgiven :)

Back