L-Mount Alliance Owners Thread

I didn’t know this 7 Artisans existed. Looks like a good option for a fisheye for L mount full frame cameras.

Well I've ordered it, should be here tomorrow.

It's now showing as a PRIME item, sold by 7artisans but fulfilled by Amazon. I called Amazon to check and they stated no additional fees / customs charges should be levied, so let's see what it's like.

I would have purchased the TTartisans one but I don't use eBay and would have to get the wife involved lol

Last edited:
Reactions: CSB
I'm still working through processing pictures from last year, a couple of a squirrel using the S5 + 24-105 at ISO 4000. I love how clean the images are, especially after using my GH5 last week, the S5 files are so much more robust. I just wish I had used animal detect af instead of single point focus for this guy, I would have probably had more keepers.

P1012203 edited (Custom).jpg

P1012204 edited (Custom).jpg

This thread is bad for my GAS. In no way shape or form do I need, want or even use a 10mm fisheye, but at that price.... :ROFLMAO:
Go for it. For some landscape scenes they add a real extra bit of pizzazz.

Go for it. For some landscape scenes they add a real extra bit of pizzazz.
I thought you buy one when you want to do 360 pano involving a sensible number of shots, and presumably compensating for that with a very high MP sensor

I thought you buy one when you want to do 360 pano involving a sensible number of shots, and presumably compensating for that with a very high MP sensor
I’ve been using fisheye lenses since about 2012 but I’m yet to do a 360 pano :)

I’ve been using fisheye lenses since about 2012 but I’m yet to do a 360 pano :)
Same, some of my favourite pictures are with a fisheye lens and I regret selling mine to fund a wide angle lens, which I thought would take it's place. I've learned that wide angle and fisheye are two different tools.

So the lens arrived and seems well made. Took some generic pictures of the wall and it's all okay to me (in my limited experience). Comes with a nice pouch to carry it around in also.

Attachments

• PXL_20230129_142516139.MP.jpg
    PXL_20230129_142516139.MP.jpg
    153.9 KB · Views: 13
  • PXL_20230129_142627475.MP.jpg
    PXL_20230129_142627475.MP.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 13
Reactions: CSB
Any recommendations for a L bracket (think that's what they are called) for the S5 and / or S1?

Currently I have an old red snapper tripod that as a big plate thing that screws into the bottom of the camera and that's it.

Cheers
If you can find one the Smallrig was recommended by @Steelo when I asked the same. They’re not that easy to find now, so I assume they’re discontinued, but I picked up a secondhand one off eBay and can vouch for it so far. The model was -SmallRig SR-2984 L Bracket for Panasonic S5 Camera (copied and pasted from my purchase history).

I couldnt find one of the small rig ones, so I have ordered a 3 Legged thing ellie version from Amazon (Wex have no stock for me to try). They did impart some advice in that in their opinion a universal one would be better (for me) as I can move it onto any of the cameras I own (which I hadn't thought of). I am not too worried about accessing ports and things, as I dont really use them for external screens / mics, etc. Anyway, an Amazon special in ASBO copper colour and I can use my voucher so it was £35.

So the lens arrived and seems well made. Took some generic pictures of the wall and it's all okay to me (in my limited experience). Comes with a nice pouch to carry it around in also.
Super nice case! Looking forward to seeing some pics with it.

Ok, this is a slightly awkward query that I’m going to double post hoping that the mods will give me a bit of leeway. My father in law’s funeral is on Monday and my wife’s family have decided that they would like to “stream it” for want of a better word so his sister in Venezuela can be with us virtually at least. I’ve never even tried the video function on either of my cameras but I’m guessing I could use either my Nikon Z7 or Panasonic S5 hooked up via teams to accomplish this. Basically is this viable or sensible and if so how do I go about it. I’m not looking for comments along the lines of paying someone to do it as we can’t afford that on top of the funeral, there’s no pressure in that if it works it does and if it doesn’t I’ve tried but I’d personally like do the best I can for him. Also using my IPhone had crossed my mind but I want it with me because we have younger children being looked after by a family friend for the duration but I’d rather keep my phone to hand in case I’m needed. Thanks in advance

The problem will be getting video streaming out of your camera and onto Teams or whatever. I've tried the S5 with a Mac and although it should work via the USB connection, it doesn't. Maybe it will be OK on a Windows PC. Can't comment on the Z7. If you have a computer with a graphics capture card, then you could use the HDMI port out on the camera.

Looking at picking up a Panasonic S5 today, seems to be incredible value for money and I've never technically owned a brand new camera before! I will mostly shoot stills so the video features are not super important, but it's small and light with brilliant lenses. Any tips, should I get it?

Looking at picking up a Panasonic S5 today, seems to be incredible value for money and I've never technically owned a brand new camera before! I will mostly shoot stills so the video features are not super important, but it's small and light with brilliant lenses. Any tips, should I get it?

If shooting stills I dont think you can go far wrong with it. If shooting action or fast moving subjects then that's where the camera's issues start to show (IMO).

UK Digital seem to have the best offer at the moment of S5 & 20-60 + 50mm prime + spare Panasonic battery + shooting grip for £1,699. There have been better offers/promotions in the past, but if you want it now, that seems to be the best deal I could find. I think it is a great camera and I'm really pleased with mine.

I did it. STONKING deal from wex!

Panasonic S5
20-60mm lens
85mm 1.8 lens
50mm 1.8 lens - free
£400 off - total cost £1599.

Woo! Now I need to sell all my kid to cover the cost. Chuffed though!

Holy moly. The dynamic range. Gotta be more careful editing, there is a TON of room in the files.

First impressions - excellent handling. BRILLIANT menu. I had it set up for C1 in ten minutes, and that covers 90 percent of my photography. The lenses are all excellent.

I don't care for colour because I shoot in raw. But yes, colours are present ;)

It's brilliant. Ibis is about on par with my em1 mark ii. That may sound like a slight, but it's not - that is outstanding, and something I was concerned about. To have that stability on a big sensor is brilliant.

The kit lens is a stand out. It's not as good as the primes technically, but I get sharp, contrasty shots and a wide field of view. But it's also light (variable aperture), feels well made, nicely damped focus and zoom ring. I can't wait to take some travel photos with it.

The primes are... Well, ace. Sharp wide open, and basically like all modern primes I suppose. I love that they have the same filter thread size and are about the same size and weight. It's just a nice touch I didn't realise existed until I swapped between them. I wonder if that was intentional or not.

Honeymoon period but I'm very happy! Looking forward to going somewhere pretty.

I got my S5 last Nov and I’m liking it even more the more I use it. Stabilisation with OIS lenses like the 24-105 or 70-300 is quite amazing for an FF camera. It‘s not as good as an Olympus EM1.2/3/x/OM1 + 12-100, but it’s still pretty amazing. I can easily get sharp shots at 2s at the wide end with the 24-105 if I brace myself well.

@Adamcski and I had a little meet up yesterday. We went to Broadway Tower. The light was pretty poor most of the afternoon but we persevered and were rewarded with a lovely 15 mins of pre sunset light. Here’s one I took. It’s a stitch of 8 shots taken in portrait format.

Dusk Settles Over Broadway Tower by Paul Kaye, on Flickr

I received my Panasonic 14-28 today. I'm really impressed. Really sharp across the frame even wide open. Really happy with it's performance.

I received my Panasonic 14-28 today. I'm really impressed. Really sharp across the frame even wide open. Really happy with it's performance.
I'd love to see some sample pics when you are ready.

I’d love to how you get on also. In fact a chat about stitching shots together would also be fantastic should you ever have the time and inclination.

Back