New MacBook Pro's tomorrow?

New iphone will be anounced aswell no doubt

Ok so I don't know much about Apple, but I remember asking a while ago and was told 10th June is some big conference and the MacBook Pro's were expected to be announced.

1) Do you think they will announce the latest ones?
2) How do you find out if they have? :D

They announce a whole bunch of stuff. Some of which will be available to buy right away (or at least once the store comes back online or the physical ones open), and some will be announced for later in the year.

I tend to follow www.macrumors.com, you'll get lots of information there, and either a direct live feed (if you really want to get the blow by blow of the keynote), or a link to one.

Not much time to wait if you think you are going to buy.

They announce a whole bunch of stuff. Some of which will be available to buy right away (or at least once the store comes back online or the physical ones open), and some will be announced for later in the year.

I tend to follow www.macrumors.com, you'll get lots of information there, and either a direct live feed (if you really want to get the blow by blow of the keynote), or a link to one.

Not much time to wait if you think you are going to buy.

Yeah I am looking to buy a MacBook Pro ASAP but have held off until the new ones are released. They are usually the same price respectively of the current ones aren't they?

intels 4th generation I processors

How much of an improvement are they on what there is now ?

How much of an improvement are they on what there is now ?

4th gen is rumoured to use less power (so better battery), overclock better (if you can/want to), and going on previous steps between generations will probably be 5-10% faster.

of course theyre also more expensive at the moment being new technology.

Last edited:
IOS 7......... I have my fingers crossed :)

its been delayed somewhat so not sure if we'll see it for a little longer but a preview would be nice

Why the delay :-( thats rubbish :-(

4th gen is rumoured to use less power (so better battery), overclock better (if you can/want to), and going on previous steps between generations will probably be 5-10% faster.

of course theyre also more expensive at the moment being new technology.

Ah the new battery is definitely needed - any idea how much better (probably wishful thinking)?

More expensive - I thought the MacBook's stuck to their normal-ish prices and just bumped the others down? How much more do you expect it to be ?

Thanks.

Ah the new battery is definitely needed - any idea how much better (probably wishful thinking)?

More expensive - I thought the MacBook's stuck to their normal-ish prices and just bumped the others down? How much more do you expect it to be ?

Thanks.

No new battery (well, as far as I know), just that the processor doesn't use as much juice under load.

The cost of the CPU is more, whether apple pass that to the consumer I don't know.

New iphone will be anounced aswell no doubt

They don't usually announce the iPhone until about September with a October release date. Parts of iOS7 will be announced with the biggest features saved until the iPhone comes out.

I find the best twitter feed to follow is MacRumours or Engadget and normally kicks off about 6pm GMT

Looking forward to it. Looking at getting a new laptop so waiting to see what is announced, don't want to buy one now and then a better one is out in 2 weeks.

Supposedly dropping non-retina screens due to low sales, so hopefully they will introduce the IPS screen into the lowest spec'd 13" Pro.

That would be ideal for me, but knowing Apple it probably won't happen.

It seems at the moment that retina screen models can't have RAM manually added. I hope they don't remove that feature from newer MacBooks?

It seems at the moment that retina screen models can't have RAM manually added. I hope they don't remove that feature from newer MacBooks?

I'm pretty sure you can't. Whether that changes with this release, I'm not sure. However, 8gb is fine for what I need it for - and will be for the foreseeable future.

Haha, yes I misread what you wrote!

:)

I am with you. Have a 4yo Macbook and have no probs at all with the glossy screen.

I think these people must work on the beach, or something.

I'm pretty sure you can't. Whether that changes with this release, I'm not sure. However, 8gb is fine for what I need it for - and will be for the foreseeable future.

Yeah I know you can add it to one of the current non-retina ones.
The trouble will be finding the current ones to buy once they are replaced, as I'll need to add RAM.

Yeah I know you can add it to one of the current non-retina ones.
The trouble will be finding the current ones to buy once they are replaced, as I'll need to add RAM.

You'll easily find one, loads of places still sell old models of Apple machines.

Do you do a lot of video? I imagine that's all you'll need more than 8gb ram for. I'll only be buying as a second machine so don't need anything crazily fast.

You'll easily find one, loads of places still sell old models of Apple machines.

Do you do a lot of video? I imagine that's all you'll need more than 8gb ram for. I'll only be buying as a second machine so don't need anything crazily fast.

Yeah I do, the MBP is to be used in the rainforest in Cambodia for that.

Back