Nikon D750 & D780

Anyone any recommendations for a wired remote? I had the Nikon one and lost it last week. If a cheaper one works well it will do me fine.

Yeah, the other tog had a 50mm f1.8 and faired better. I was going to invest in a 50mm f1.4 instead of the 24-70mm and part of me wished I had, but I don't think I'd have been happy whatever ;)

I might post one showing the great chuffing windows I was shooting against tomorrow. Neither camera liked shooting towards those (it was extremely bright) and both struggled to focus at times, even when the fighters were stationary between rounds :eek: And even if they did focus they're so washed out/lacking in contrast due to the really strong backlight.

But I'll just put it down to experience, and you never know maybe I'll find a couple of shots that work (y)

I believe you would not be happy with the 50mm f1.4 so don't waste your cash lol

So you spent most of the day comparing noise and fannying around with 100% crops then add grain in PP? You're f*****g nuts dude. FFS.

Edit: :)

Must of had his lab coat on all day

Anyone any recommendations for a wired remote? I had the Nikon one and lost it last week. If a cheaper one works well it will do me fine.
Phil i have one along with other bits i am going to advertise,do you want me to put it in the ads
Also got an wireless remote,the wired is a shoot and the wireless one some foreign make ,i tested both when they came 2 weeks ago and they are brand new,sold my nikon so never used them i shall put them in the ads £7 for the pair del.now

Last edited:
I've had noiseware pro standalone for years. Worked wonders on some images. Slightly miffed that to get a plugin version for LR or PSE I'd now have to pay more though

Anyway, I've come to the conclusion that less noise doesn't always make a better photo, or necessarily a perfectly sharp one. Those boxing images, I like that last b&w one tbh. It tells a story, the look on the guys face as he's punched, the room, the unexcited audience...

If we are trying to take photos rather than create images then they don't need to be perfect. We don't live in a perfect world....what's today's buzzword? Curators? Maybe we are curators of time, capturing moments

Some of my favorites from others in this thread have not been sharp, have had noise, maybe not always hit focus, but they still capture a moment or tell a story, and would take that over a sharp noise free picture of something that just looks boring.

But each to their own and some people like the other side of photography.

Noise I can handle with shots like these but the colour and clarity's just bloody awful..

The colour and clarity are only 'awful' because you are wanting them to look like they would if taken in brighter light. The colour photos look(ed) fine to me.(y)

Yeah, the other tog had a 50mm f1.8 and faired better. I was going to invest in a 50mm f1.4 instead of the 24-70mm and part of me wished I had, but I don't think I'd have been happy whatever ;)

I might post one showing the great chuffing windows I was shooting against tomorrow. Neither camera liked shooting towards those (it was extremely bright) and both struggled to focus at times, even when the fighters were stationary between rounds :eek: And even if they did focus they're so washed out/lacking in contrast due to the really strong backlight.

But I'll just put it down to experience, and you never know maybe I'll find a couple of shots that work (y)

Guessing flash is not an option? Might not need much to help a lot and could place quite far back so not distracting.

Yeah, the other tog had a 50mm f1.8 and faired better. I was going to invest in a 50mm f1.4 instead of the 24-70mm and part of me wished I had, but I don't think I'd have been happy whatever ;) (y)

You know you now need that 58 1.4 you've always promised yourself.

D75_5032-NNR by Paul, on Flickr

The Bakkhai (Euripides) by Paul, on Flickr

Hi Snerkeler. (Stupid autocorrect always wants to put Snorkeler!) I've posted these before. The top shot has no noise reduction, the bottom a touch via Noiseware by Imagenomic. Someone previously posted a link to it. Granted absolutely that this wasn't taken at the speed of boxing but it was trash lighting. The point is, the D750 has incredibly fine noise particles and a touch of Noiseware deals with it incredibly well.
I had a quick play with the noiseware free trial but didn't really know what I was doing and the results were full of horrible artefacts, hopefully I'll have time to watch some tutorials.

I've had noiseware pro standalone for years. Worked wonders on some images. Slightly miffed that to get a plugin version for LR or PSE I'd now have to pay more though

Anyway, I've come to the conclusion that less noise doesn't always make a better photo, or necessarily a perfectly sharp one. Those boxing images, I like that last b&w one tbh. It tells a story, the look on the guys face as he's punched, the room, the unexcited audience...

If we are trying to take photos rather than create images then they don't need to be perfect. We don't live in a perfect world....what's today's buzzword? Curators? Maybe we are curators of time, capturing moments
Thanks. Despite what my previous comments may have come across like, I don't mind a bit of noise in the right scenarios ;)

The colour and clarity are only 'awful' because you are wanting them to look like they would if taken in brighter light. The colour photos look(ed) fine to me.(y)
Thanks.

Stop being a fussy f****e @snerkler the more you play with them the worse they will look. They look good in black and white
Me, fussy? Never :oops: :$:oops: :$:oops: :$:p

Just moaned about it all day... :p
I moaned all day about the light and the quality of my pics (mostly down to my lack of ability) ;) I actually said I was pretty impressed with the noise handling :p

So because the noise at iso 84 bazillion was good you decided to add your own in. :D brilliant.
No I did it as I was going for some gritty film style processing which I thought might work :LOL:

Time to say farewell to this thread. I had an Itch that needed scratching.

Have fun and enjoy (y)

So what camera u got pal

I got nada right now Andrew ... Just bags and lenses ;)

In the process of making a waterproof cover for my D750 for use in very wet weather. Anybody else DIYed something like that? I've decided it also needs to be rock-proof (in terms of scrapes and bangs) which doesn't make the waterproofing quite as straightforward!

Back