Nikon D750 & D780

Welp, that didn't take long - sold the D750 and 70-200mm.:(

I'll be back in the game in a couple of months - or I may even join a different club... :whistle:

;)

Damn, that was quick! Was hoping it would hang around for a week or so, give me time to work on the Wife for a budget. :p

Damn, that was quick! Was hoping it would hang around for a week or so, give me time to work on the Wife for a budget. :p
Well I thought I'd sold both, might be stuck with an expensive paperweight yet... :rolleyes:

So I’ve processed the boxing pics now, here’s a selection from the different bouts plus the links to the full albums if you’re interested.

Apologies, this is going to be very pic heavy :oops: :$

Bout 1 https://www.flickr.com/gp/99443690@N04/C7SD44

DSC_9284
by TDG-77, on Flickr

Bout 2 https://www.flickr.com/gp/99443690@N04/P0Jc4u

DSC_9388-2
by TDG-77, on Flickr

DSC_9382-2
by TDG-77, on Flickr

Bout 3 https://www.flickr.com/gp/99443690@N04/Y5QBv9

DSC_9554
by TDG-77, on Flickr

Bout 4 https://www.flickr.com/gp/99443690@N04/j0GB24

DSC_0520
by TDG-77, on Flickr

DSC_0523
by TDG-77, on Flickr

DSC_0551
by TDG-77, on Flickr

Bout 5 https://www.flickr.com/gp/99443690@N04/C8Y2yA

DSC_1034-2
by TDG-77, on Flickr

Edit, not sure why but most of the pics aren't showing for me on this post, just a red cross. Anyone else getting this?

Last edited:
Some recent from my boy which is really growing quick!
tA5adt_Z-gFM71tb3ZvA60GqUhya1xNwF-heNOzjwkkU3ihMKaD5P96HG-i4C4C5IHXIBFVuequXyAy2jj2rNiGtEJYVucaJ3XqNBQtDu9PGYmIe_bCSRROIS0gSpeva-eep4EW8-QWyEHkWlgIJU9BAslrvLhuJf1wSyVyfXrcQR-zuugUv3BfBgXtHWzoe-5n_cPIIZMRgsTbNPASoLcw8u6C8opx8pGRkwDkwgXvDcCNGW5Y00e1YoOX67ofiq6V-ZKPu4PKfOXBQYgHreZoOZNqnB7zw9RfYqIggrNy-HSCcTa0l_BTAYXfZBy6wBhKsX6GDs2aQrzUzms6PahfpTtgwojiZybV12fZYbipdGqiWnvYDTC6GSXdhQcqJFTpzXE0Te_tzf9ft5EST2fFkPZWut19jZEZMCVdfnj8AVXnQxm7otJBp1Sp96_wdvkiAEwc_APFhQr9vUXEQ1EtNDkWyMuJMeDHn2_aWyk-1lG02Wr-d0Pz6vuAvRX1GObXKfhktUv-GsfZvSuMoZQd7gGlZuVBP-YmSNSBK-y2IhpjS20ceoZFp2f45vXzJqrRaGM-UJUMcrta902nBmrtxTwpzvB07gAeRRwtlA3G8kr0Lh-PL=w992-h662-no

W4sP3AWomFaUmfOmhcbpP6l4Hw-MHcax8nDdR4r8mx-fGNvCJ4nt86HckK6yAhX1aSLKCd7UX-bRddmcEqD04MgInmjIHuBJpONlKIvaWBQMBFQrM1iuC0QQyUvhR1YzzIz_YzubO5Ux582zC2S6_oifWa4h2THR-CsHgoVLNuiMf7pGzQEtqjyK9aMzrXxcqTFWy8oZWLVKWbCmZB6EukNrk9JbCWyLw1Q3U18o3y02yWt3r93O7ELZuIXFZbAruLWVND1Kr-DqybF8zJraYTJGzkjV2scPMOX-Y5K1fn9KtxK78ss6cPRYotSzyWx8GXGv5yuK4gQY4SHHrjzTsPdIlOMemh-ue8ivambKzfyMClF4RSQTjDOLd177Ex89LgpDFyXn_fE4xplKSaw5OMYCYrUju8kVCCBPNlQfOZPjVG1t_qZO5mP6UW8xF5IQgWxBN_kK3AaabNsyW2wgTIABNGEvS7Gj6gd1PaJjJopCvs-nwAEl3rBr6RM_oFTdZu_YYx8UmVQTv3c4JBWZ7O6zPv34csfbjrEZX4QrbEABp8biQjWIydItHfXb3WwI0JRsDBc28Ey0bUmfBPNC6JxlQHy7jDx2ua2X3plkGWeMnSLB5loJ=w992-h662-no

sZvgdKPsM8no4d7s_kqpkTvnMflLCszeztZz49FsZfw5-H3JQ0udTbXj1ciptN-rZS0XFgFw68dGbNLSxD4DQU2cHkXN-E1BfczY-kDrj99G4KTejqCaChz2iCqKXtKItjk1k2aK-elImBmrB3ECZV7lVZHAjlxeo8FI1hELyan7ppQNXo5N_XgN8H2GpOCMNA4n9GzV7M4tOLjPddavKqAXKm8rF9gcoKjQwYg3TPL0v9HQ0KOpLOYuhhhGP4NXJ9qmo1REhOByqwAYnae9FG7CNSAiu_ibcOnYpV-LzverE6JeeJAOOX-g7yvRODF1uzdDKwM_8SLooOZ2k8m4WPtHlL_20ShOR_UhW2NTiKU505zA1lOGH9Yi3NKl5KdkoSDdXQDJSM9S7hSfpwRcgJmTO8PhgYUYpjFZo1bJu69Cf3FR0TjQwT-J8xdSvd91J7gmf9f7hTUYHcTheYVMGgc6vt7bw8PBwE_ou_nrnE-WuialeRJFyfLEiQGM_MfZUQLuYbfVeIrA9Jlly5AehOdrTVVAS64vERGHmPcbfuEN2kH1hc6abUi74mpa5ECmZW0mL3aB3eNGm11fdV_X2Nz8VIzvP6C8jvo8T4s48iHUrkEwPHPE=w992-h662-no

Last edited:
The first one is excellent. Has everything. Was that with the 500?
Is that showing for you? Still shows as a red cross for me :confused:

Number 1 was taken with the D750. Thanks for the kind comment.

Off to the Gorge du Verdon on Sunday, weather is full sun [emoji274] so hoping to get a few shots of the vultures if they are about just to test the Tamron 150-600 G2, anything else is a bonus [emoji3]

So I’ve processed the boxing pics now, here’s a selection from the different bouts plus the links to the full albums if you’re interested.

Apologies, this is going to be very pic heavy :oops: :$

Bout 1 https://www.flickr.com/gp/99443690@N04/C7SD44

DSC_9284
by TDG-77, on Flickr

Bout 2 https://www.flickr.com/gp/99443690@N04/P0Jc4u

DSC_9388-2
by TDG-77, on Flickr

DSC_9382-2
by TDG-77, on Flickr

Bout 3 https://www.flickr.com/gp/99443690@N04/Y5QBv9

DSC_9554
by TDG-77, on Flickr

Bout 4 https://www.flickr.com/gp/99443690@N04/j0GB24

DSC_0520
by TDG-77, on Flickr

DSC_0523
by TDG-77, on Flickr

DSC_0551
by TDG-77, on Flickr

Bout 5 https://www.flickr.com/gp/99443690@N04/C8Y2yA

DSC_1034-2
by TDG-77, on Flickr

Edit, not sure why but most of the pics aren't showing for me on this post, just a red cross. Anyone else getting this?

Great set of pictures. This first set is the best for me, beaut shots! not so keen on the heavy vignette of the next batch.

Great set of pictures. This first set is the best for me, beaut shots! not so keen on the heavy vignette of the next batch.
Thanks very much. I'm toying with removing the vignette tbh as I'm a bit unsure.

I'm guessing you're seeing all the images OK as well then? Why am I only seeing red crosses? Is there any way I can just remove the cache of this website and reload it to see if that works?

EDIT: just cleared cache and I can see them OK now (y)

Last edited:
Hi @snerkler , sorry I have not commented on your fab photos of the Boxing, all look good to me, I think the vignetting only applies to some shots but in this case not boxing.
Looks like you controlled the camera well (at least in the shots you`ve posted)
Imo it was worth you going and thus has given you some good experience.

Heres my few from today, Bright sunshine 19 degs but..
Looks like this lens does not need any micro adjustments but I have a problem with it, for the 2nd time, once last week and once today the zoom nearly locked up, it was not on zoom lock and I checked all the other switches and all seemed ok.
Got no idea what this problem is but its a bitch to turn the zoom with one hand, then after a few minutes it clears itself and all is ok.
Think i`ll ask for money back, I have informed the shop after the 1st time. Back it goes when I return to blighty in a week and a bit :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

White Swan 2 by Graham, on Flickr

White Swan Head shot 2 by Graham, on Flickr

White Swan Profile by Graham, on Flickr

Last edited:
@snerkler not sure why you were so downbeat on your boxing photos as I think that they are an excellent set of images where you have captured the essence of a gritty amatuer local boxing match really well. However I do understand where you were coming from as I do that to myself all the time, my wife says did you get any good images and I say "nah all a bit rubbish" but after pp them I end up better than I thought.

Looks like this lens does not need any micro adjustments but I have a problem with it, for the 2nd time, once last week and once today the zoom nearly locked up, it was not on zoom lock and I checked all the other switches and all seemed ok.
Got no idea what this problem is but its a bitch to turn the zoom with one hand, then after a few minutes it clears itself and all is ok.
Think i`ll ask for money back, I have informed the shop after the 1st time. Back it goes when I return to blighty in a week and a bit :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Great images, really really like the rendering of 2. Which 150-600mm is it and what do you mean by locking up? Does the zoom ring literally seize or do you mean that it just won't autofocus or anything?

Anyone using or recommend the Nikon 80-400 on a D750? Might be looking for something with more reach than 70-200 F4.

Hi @snerkler , sorry I have not commented on your fab photos of the Boxing, all look good to me, I think the vignetting only applies to some shots but in this case not boxing.
Looks like you controlled the camera well (at least in the shots you`ve posted)
Imo it was worth you going and thus has given you some good experience.
Thanks Graham, appreciate the comments. I'm not sure what you mean about the vignetting only applying to some but not boxing?

@snerkler not sure why you were so downbeat on your boxing photos as I think that they are an excellent set of images where you have captured the essence of a gritty amatuer local boxing match really well. However I do understand where you were coming from as I do that to myself all the time, my wife says did you get any good images and I say "nah all a bit rubbish" but after pp them I end up better than I thought.
Thanks, appreciate it. Yeah, I do really need to real myself in a bit I think. I often do this when I first go through my images, I should wait until I've processed some before I start being downbeat :oops: :$

Great images, really really like the rendering of 2. Which 150-600mm is it and what do you mean by locking up? Does the zoom ring literally seize or do you mean that it just won't autofocus or anything?
Thanks for the comment re the image No 2.
its the Tamron G2
Yes the zoom ring does go really stiff, its hard to turn, focusing is not a problem in this state. Really p***ed off with it.

Anyone using or recommend the Nikon 80-400 on a D750? Might be looking for something with more reach than 70-200 F4.
Any reason you'd choose the 80-400 over a 150-600mm?

Thanks for the comment re the image No 2.
its the Tamron G2
Yes the zoom ring does go really stiff, its hard to turn, focusing is not a problem in this state. Really p***ed off with it.
That's not good. I thought Tamron might be getting to grips with their QC but maybe not. Have you heard of other issues like this?

I'm not sure what you mean about the vignetting only applying to some but not boxing?
I mean the vignetting is not for you on these images. Maybe if you had a one on one with a boxer and the BG was dark (ish) you could then maybe add some vignetting.

That's not good. I thought Tamron might be getting to grips with their QC but maybe not. Have you heard of other issues like this?
Nope not heard of anything like it and cant see anything on a search :-(

I mean the vignetting is not for you on these images. Maybe if you had a one on one with a boxer and the BG was dark (ish) you could then maybe add some vignetting.
TBH I still can't decide whether I prefer with or without. With does focus my eye on the action better and adds a bit of drama imo, but maybe it is a tad OTT. We'll see ;)

Nope not heard of anything like it and cant see anything on a search :-(
Sucks when you have issues like this. Are you going to get a replacement of look for something else?

Used or new love to hear your though

Used Andrew (y)
Feels like the old D700 really. Grip is nicer though (bit deeper), and most of the controls are in the same place as before thankfully ;)

love the 1st image, you just know when there's a wake like that they are padding like mad under the surface:cool:

Sucks when you have issues like this. Are you going to get a replacement of look for something else?
Sure does suck and more that the lens is imo perfect focus on my camera :mad:
Might ask for a refund then wait a week or so then order another one from same place, just hope they dont send me the same one back :eek:

Used Andrew (y)
Feels like the old D700 really. Grip is nicer though (bit deeper), and most of the controls are in the same place as before thankfully ;)
Enjoy, I keep being tempted by it too but I don't know why (GAS probably). D500's gone back so the thought of swapping the D750 for the D810 did cross my mind, but I'm also wondering whether I should wait to see what the D820 offers :D

Back