Pic(s) you took today - an open thread

I haven't been playing much Photography lately but have been doing much more of this ! I found I was struggling to see the sights and the target together ( poor close up eye sight, but then using my glasses gives me a great view of the sights but not the target) I decided to try a cheap Red dot sight and liked it that much I brought another.

The top one is a Crosman 2240 ( Rat Buster) air pistol which is powered by co2 and is normally fitted with a silencer ( it's very loud)

2240.JPG

This one is a Beeman P17, A very good copy of a much more expensive pistol, The top lifts up ( pivoted at the front) and as you close it the pump inside charges a cylinder, the air is them dumped when you pull the trigger. Neither of these pistols have any recoil which makes them very easy to shoot !
P17BW.JPG

P17.JPG

Last edited:
Left-handed person using right-hand machinery

sQIKtxX.jpg

Last edited:
Need to decide what to do with the G80 now that I have the G9. The G80 has too many faults and bits broken off to be a viable sale (although I've used it for three years in that state) unless it's for parts (the batteries and battery charger alone would be worth a little) but for now I think I'll keep it for my guitar videos where an extra POV is always nice to edit in, and the fully articulating screen makes such things easy. The alternative is to do what I did today, and just stick a prime lens on it and use it for a walk around:

G80 with Olympus 45mm 1.8 lens at f/6.3, 1/1000th second, ISO 1600

Cockatiel.jpg

Well I prepared for a walk at 2:30 with fingers crossed, and indeed the rain abated for an hour or so. Terrible light but managed a few little snaps on the walkies before a rather wet walk home with the rain cover firmly in place on the camera bag. Pana G80 100-300mm
002 07 01 23.jpg

The Bird Man of Bedford
004 07 01 23.jpg

006 07 01 23.jpg

Looks a bit nicer over there !
008 07 01 23.jpg

I had a good game with this friendly dog today. His owner was on the phone and I think he was desperate for someone to play with so I obliged and he kept bringing his seaweed back for me to throw :D

fHLoqTm.jpg

Sunny and blue sky but cold.

VZDwVro.jpg

Back