Show us yer film shots then!

Only went on the Friday this year, shot 4 rolls of film, didn’t attempt any film panning (unlike some of my brave friends!!) but did shoot some digital as well - back at Oulton on Sat 17th for the USA event

Will keep an eye out for you especially if your using the 'Texas Leica" :LOL: nearly bought a Fuji GL but when I looked closely it was not in good shape.

Where did you get the GM from?

Have used the fixed lens ones a few times over the years and they are very good.

Will keep an eye out for you especially if your using the 'Texas Leica" :LOL: nearly bought a Fuji GL but when I looked closely it was not in good shape.

Where did you get the GM from?

Have used the fixed lens ones a few times over the years and they are very good.

I've had a GSW690III previously, the camera came from Camera Crib in Manchester (a spin-off from the Leica store), it was top dollar price but in amazing condition and had been serviced. We did it bit of negotiation and it ended up in my bag :) Put 13 rolls through it so far and am very impressed - still getting used to rangefinder focussing. If I fell over a 65mm lens/finder in excellent condition , I would add them, but I'm very pleased with the 100mm.

I'll be at Oulton on Saturday for the USA Day + Bernies V8s

When were these two taken?

That's a real visual puzzle!

Both taken around 2008

Last edited:
I received the developed and scanned images from my newly acquired Contax RTS today. The film was Fuji Superior 200 and all but the flowers were taken using a Yashica ML short zoom lens that came with the camera. The flowers were taken using a Zeiss Vario-Sonnar 28-85 that has replaced the Yashica lens. Some of the photos are duplicates of those taken using a digital camera and previously posted in various threads.

Steps at Montrol-Senard.jpg

Chair & Window Montrol-Senard.jpgCharente Waterfall Vibrac (Tripod).jpg

Glane Scene (Cropped) LS Format.jpgYellow Flowers in Garden.jpg

I've been experimenting more with analogue film recently - you can see the results here

Last edited by a moderator:
That does it! I'm going to have to acquire a Trip! Does it really matter whether it is chrome button or black plastic one?

The plastic button Trip 35 versions are newer, but otherwise the same, I believe.
Avoid the later plastic-bodied fixed-focus and autofocus models as I believe they are lower quality.

All my shots are from a plastic button version.

I do own a chrome button version too, but it's faulty (it was my dad's).

Just a couple of tedious technical questions...

How did you light the picture? Particularly, the background.

Beautiful detail in the centre of the bloom.

Just a couple of tedious technical questions...

How did you light the picture? Particularly, the background.

Beautiful detail in the centre of the bloom.
Peter, I placed the flower on an led tablet, to produce the white background. A small desktop lamp pointed towards the centre of the flower. Then there was quite a lot of editing in Lightroom.

A few shots from a roll of FP4 Type 517 kindly donated by @Plain Nev shot at iso 80 and developed in stock Xtol for 11 mins. The weather was a bit dull, and the trusty F80 seems to have developed a shutter problem. Ah well .... :rolleyes:

#1 An old station on the former rail line now known as the Speyside Way. (Relevant to me since the B in my username stands for Black).

2024-08-22-0006.jpg-tp.jpg-v2.jpg

#2 Ground Station on the Snowy Owl ski-lift at The Lecht ski centre.

2024-08-22-0017-copy.jpg-tp.jpg-v2.jpg

#3 The Lecht again, but with a bit of fleeting sunshine!

2024-08-22-0021-copy.jpg-tp.jpg

#4 Caged! Second round of trials for "autonomous vehicle" (aka driverless bus) at Inverness College UHI, so hopefully more successful than the failed first one.

2024-08-22-0034-copy.jpg-tp.jpg-v2.jpg

Last edited:
And very nice it looks too. Cheers Peter.

Back