Show us yer film shots then!

Bolton Museum. Canon F1/50-1.4 FD with Pentax stereo attachment (beam splitter), Kentmere 400 pushed two stops.

Figure from Jason and the Argonauts in stereo.

1934_Canon F1_Bolton Museum (stereo)-003 copy.jpg

if you have the means print it and wish to view it in stereo with a Holmes style viewer, an Owl for example, resize to 7 x 3.5 inches.

Same camera, same location.

1934_Canon F1_Bolton Museum (stereo)-032 copy.jpg

Bolton town centre, the good looking bit where the councillors go, Canon T50, 35-70/3.5-4.5 FD zoom, Kentmere 400.

1935_Canon T50_Bolton town centre-003 copy.jpg

1935_Canon T50_Bolton town centre-024 copy.jpg

I should have made a note but could this be Samuel Crompton? The panel on the front looks like a depiction of Hall i'th' Wood, where he he lived and worked for a while.

Sorry for the previous incorrect association with another engineering pioneer, if you have already read the post. Indeed, it is a depiction of Samuel CRompton.

Last edited:
Here's a few of mine from today taken whilst getting drenched on the hills around Ladybower. At one point the mist was so bad we had about 10m visibilty :eek:

anyway, here they are:

bikers.jpg

fishermen.jpg

tree-and-sheep.jpg

I'm not sure with the next one whether I prefer the uncropped or cropped version, opinions?

misty-trees.jpg

misty-trees-square.jpg

This kind of weather makes me glad my 1n is at least partly weather sealed, shame the 3 isn't aswell :razz: hopefully no damage done
Do people get paid for all this Photobucket advertising? Boy does that stink!

Viking on a Kreidler microbike in the Vorderstadt, Kitzbuhel, Austria. Taken through an Elmar 90mm onto cheap colour negative film in a Leica M3...

LeicaM3_56970032.JPG

Do people get paid for all this Photobucket advertising? Boy does that stink!
That post was from back in 2008; Chris and a lot of others (including me from 2012) found Photobucket a very useful site for uploading photos for use here... until they started to get really obnoxious about charging fees. For a while they wouldn't even show your photo, now you get all this stuff plastered over it. Far worse if you actually try to use the site. It's been (excuse the word) well and truly ens***tified. There are a few threads about it over the decade or so!

That post was from back in 2008; Chris and a lot of others (including me from 2012) found Photobucket a very useful site for uploading photos for use here... until they started to get really obnoxious about charging fees. For a while they wouldn't even show your photo, now you get all this stuff plastered over it. Far worse if you actually try to use the site. It's been (excuse the word) well and truly ens***tified. There are a few threads about it over the decade or so!
IIRC? cos I wouldn't accept charging they deleted all my shots :mad:

We have recently bought a Fuji GW690 mk11 so I shall be trying that out in comparison with the Voigtlander sometime soon.

I'm not sure why there's so much grain on this one? The same has happened on other shots with lots of sky in the scene, but the rest of the roll is noticeably less grainy, despite the whole thing being shot with the same camera, and developed and scanned the same way. :confused:

Nikon F80
Tamron 28-300mm F/3.5-6.3 Di VC PZD
Ilford HP5+
Ilfotec DD-X 1+4 9mins @ 20°

Paragliders by fishyfish_arcade, on Flickr

A little too much grain for me also but an interesting shot all the same.

However, the two on the right and bottom right remind me of someone ..........

Last edited:
I'm not sure why there's so much grain on this one? The same has happened on other shots with lots of sky in the scene, but the rest of the roll is noticeably less grainy, despite the whole thing being shot with the same camera, and developed and scanned the same way. :confused:

I had exactly the same issue a while back (I think I wrote something about it in this forum, but have no idea when or where). It was also HP5+ dev'ed in DD-X.

In my case, I felt it was large areas of low contrast that developed clumps of grain that you could almost pick up with your fingertips. The same tone, when present in smaller areas seems not to be grainy. I decided I just needed to live with it - defeatist I know!

The only suggestion I can offer re grain is that it becomes more pronounced with increased exposure, so would be more apparent in the sky than another area of even tone which was darker.

A few more spring flower photos:

a) Snakeshead fritillaries

000045860028 Fritillary.jpg

b) Flowers on a twig

000045860036 Flowers.jpg

c) More flowers in the rain (prunus?)

000045860037 Flowers.jpg

All taken on expired Superia 400 Xtra at EI 250 with the Pentax LX using the lovely SMC Pentax 100/4 semi-macro lens.

I’ve just processed my first two rolls of FP4 and find I’m much more comfortable with this than HP5. As a fairly recent returnee to film, I think I may still be adjusting to the notion that grain can be a good thing. For now I’m happy to put up with the practical limitations of a slower film.sf9 processed - 0 thu jun 27 10-33-17 2024.jpegsf9 processed - 0 wed jun 26 10-29-12 2024.jpegsf9 processed - 0 wed jun 26 10-40-34 2024.jpegsf9 processed - 0 wed jun 26 17-02-13 2024.jpegsf9 processed - 0 wed jun 26 16-36-35 2024.jpegsf9 processed - 0 wed jun 26 16-43-05 2024.jpegsf9 processed - 0 tue jun 25 13-27-40 2024-edit.jpegsf9 processed - 0 wed jun 26 10-25-06 2024.jpegsf9 processed - 0 wed jun 26 10-15-13 2024.jpegsf9 processed - 0 tue jun 25 16-42-56 2024.jpeg

Back