The Amazing Sony A1/A7/A9/APS-C & Anything else welcome Mega Thread!

This has got me wondering if it’s the Pergear cards. If the camera can lock up whilst writing could the card cause errors that make the camera think it’s writing or something similar :thinking:

I actually haven’t had it happen with the peargear cards prob because they are so fast.

Have had it happen with Sony tough cards and Sandisk. At a wedding last year I though for sure one of my A9’s had bit the dust as just wouldn’t turn on. About 15 minutes later it magically came back to life.

I actually haven’t had it happen with the peargear cards prob because they are so fast.

Have had it happen with Sony tough cards and Sandisk. At a wedding last year I though for sure one of my A9’s had bit the dust as just wouldn’t turn on. About 15 minutes later it magically came back to life.
As I said, it definitely wasn’t writing as it was several minutes before the last shot and then removing the battery, and I wasn’t using burst shooting. I just wondered if the pergear had caused some miscommunication so the camera thought it was still writing. I’ll put my SD cards in and see if it happens again. I’ll also check the overheating setting as mentioned earlier (y)

Some clouds have a bit of character in them and often lift a photo, it's the bland grey lifeless ones to avoid. The ones in your top photo are nice.

I agree, the grey / white out days do depress me. More power to James Popsys but I'm not him :D

I have processed these in CS2024 and they're not exactly what I saw by eye as I applied quite a big downward curve to the sky to bring out the detail a bit more. Whilst we were there the real world view was a bit more bland.

Untitled-1.jpg

As I said, it definitely wasn’t writing as it was several minutes before the last shot and then removing the battery, and I wasn’t using burst shooting. I just wondered if the pergear had caused some miscommunication so the camera thought it was still writing. I’ll put my SD cards in and see if it happens again. I’ll also check the overheating setting as mentioned earlier (y)
Anything is possible. Have you got another make of card to try and see if it still does it.

Anything is possible. Have you got another make of card to try and see if it still does it.
Not CFexpress but will be using SD for a while to see if it still occurs.

Last edited:
A couple more from my evening wander around Staithes with my A7 and Sony 40mm f2.5.

The walk down the bank.

DSC06511.JPG

Wash day. There was just enough room to limbo underneath the socks.

DSC06512.JPG

Oh, and in Whitby yesterday I saw someone else with an A7. It's the first time I've seen anyone else with one. He had a zoom of some sort on it but I couldn't see what it was, it wasn't overly long or fat so my guess is it was some sort of standardish range zoom but not the kit lens as I have one so I know what it looks like. Maybe something 3rd party.

Last edited:
Thanks Toby :) Just a film look with some curves & HSL for the green & blues ;)
Yeah, I've tried over and over again to get a film look I'm happy with. Yours are on the money (y)

Yeah, I've tried over and over again to get a film look I'm happy with. Yours are on the money (y)

I'm pretty sure it's a curve for the slightly faded look, HSL tweaks mainly for the blues lighter more aqua and the greens warmer more yellow, added grain on those, and I think I slightly drop the blue calibration slider. Daylight WB as standard. No colour grading/split toning.

Back