The Amazing Sony A1/A7/A9/APS-C & Anything else welcome Mega Thread!

Try putting your A9 in some water or using some native long primes.
Why would I want to do that for? Electronics and water don't go well together :D My FE 70-200mm f2.8 is long enough. :)

Why would I want to do that for? Electronics and water don't go well together :D My FE 70-200mm f2.8 is long enough. :)

To test its weather sealing. Okay, just sit it on a puddle for us, its a pro action camera right, like the D5 and 1DX2?

To test its weather sealing. Okay, just sit it on a puddle for us, its a pro action camera right, like the D5 and 1DX2?
But I don't shoot in wet conditions. No, its very different from DSLR pro action camera's.... its a GAME CHANGER :D lol

Many people might want to, if they weren't concerned their gear might let them down.
I don't care what "many" people might wan't, I bought the Sony A9 for me! ;)
Like I said previously, I'd take the DVD player :D

Last edited:
Now I only need the laowa 10-18mm and I'll be set :D

Hoping that turns out to be a good lens...

Speaking of 135mm lenses anyone used the Sony Zeiss 138mm f1.8 on a-mount? A really amazing lens... Would do nicely if there was one on e-mount :D

They all do offers, we don't live in the future and the difference today is £650.
Ok I'll post again on 1st and anyone buying before the offer came on missed out on spending the savings on a mid range DVD player and a decent TV.

Have you watched every A73 video on youtube? :p

:eek: Pretty much! :oops: :$

I'm off work on long term sick, so I have plenty of time on my hands.... plus I just like to see everyone's take on the camera and any hints and tips...

... plus watching all the praise for the camera makes me feel good about my purchase (when I hopefully get a good copy, of course)! :(

:p

Last edited by a moderator:
:eek: Pretty much! :oops: :$

I'm off work on long term sick, so I have plenty of time on my hands.... plus I just like to see everyone's take on the camera and any hints and tips...

... plus watching all the praise for the camera makes me feel good about my purchase (when I hopefully get a good copy, of course)! :(

:p

marketing at its best

:wideyed: They're bloody good at it, then! ... Obviously not wanting to concede my gullibility :D
They’re all good at it tbh. Watch enough A7iii videos and you want one, watch enough D850 videos and you want one, watch enough Canon 5d4 videos and you want one, watch.......... ;)

They’re all good at it tbh. Watch enough A7iii videos and you want one, watch enough D850 videos and you want one, watch enough Canon 5d4 videos and you want one, watch.......... ;)
You forgot .... watch enough Canon 6d2 videos and you want one...

Back