The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Yes.

I'm more worried about the file format and if LR/PS will recognise it. Will Windows show the thumbnails?

Due out early September so price may well have dropped by January. Tempting especially if A/F is as good as they claim.

Shouldn't be a problem with file fromat RE: LR/PS given that the X-Pro 2 has support now, I'd expect an update for Lightroom to add it before its launched.

Yes.

I'm more worried about the file format and if LR/PS will recognise it. Will Windows show the thumbnails?

Due out early September so price may well have dropped by January. Tempting especially if A/F is as good as they claim.

Same sensor as the X Pro 2 , don`t know if any problems reported with that camera/sensor
WEX have a video and bit of info
http://www.wexphotographic.com/?/fuji-x-t2.html

and if you must trade in:)
2016-07-fuji-xt-2.gif

Only thing that frustrates me about my X-T1 is AF speed. Still hunts quite a lot especially at larger apertures/shallow dof.

Anyone know whether the new sensor is much quicker or not? I suspect it's not going to be night and day difference and not worth it for an upgrade.

Its still a superb bit of kit! As with everything these days the EU referendum and the rates have no doubt driven the cost up, it probably was supposed to be £1249 or similar when you consider the dollar price but its just a case of sods law. I'm not feeling the price of the grip though :/

I wonder if it will be available in graphite silver ? Haven;t seen it mentioned.

Its still a superb bit of kit! As with everything these days the EU referendum and the rates have no doubt driven the cost up, it probably was supposed to be £1249 or similar when you consider the dollar price but its just a case of sods law. I'm not feeling the price of the grip though :/

At least this time the grip is offering a bit more. More FPS, mains power for camera or in camera charging for the batteries.

Looks like Jessops trade in value is decent
£460 for X-t1 plus £100 bonus.

The only problem with that is that if you add the 460 +100 and then the price you pay on top (877.74) it comes to £1438.61

Only realised that when I got an email a moment ago quoting £421.26 trade in for excellent condition X-T1

The only problem with that is that if you add the 460 +100 and then the price you pay on top (877.74) it comes to £1438.61

Only realised that when I got an email a moment ago quoting £421.26 trade in for excellent condition X-T1

Naughty

A few nuggets from Fujirumors, UK is the only place where the XT2 is dearer than the X-Pro 2 as Fuji had to put up the price post-Brexit, suspect a wave of price rise on the existing products are to come.
Its already supported in Lightroom/Camera RAW according to one of the X-Photographers who has been shooting with it.

First wave of "Reviews" & Impressions seem very favourable, I've pre-ordered one with the battery grip to "get in line" but I may well just end up with another X-Pro 2.....

Every one needs to rush out and buy this, I need a new XT-1 :)

Great news for those wanting to pick up a used X-t1
I'll most likely be listing mine this weekend, I was planning on doing so for some time as I don't use it now I've got the XP2, not sure how to price it though looking at what Jessops are offering as trade in against a new XT-2, £460 plus £100, even though their numbers don't add up, I wonder if they'll pqay more for my graphite silver model.Truth be told though I have no plans to buy the XT-2, I'm happy with my XP2.

Truth be told though I have no plans to buy the XT-2, I'm happy with my XP2.
Ditto. And remember the X-Pro2 is just at the beginning of its upgrade cycle. I'll probably keep my X-T1 for use with zooms as they seem more balanced, despite the slightly poorer a/f speed and accuracy.

Ditto. And remember the X-Pro2 is just at the beginning of its upgrade cycle. I'll probably keep my X-T1 for use with zooms as they seem more balanced, despite the slightly poorer a/f speed and accuracy.

Just wish they'd update the iso to a function button!

I've glanced at the update for October but it didn't mention it.

I'm quite tempted by a 90 as the 50-140 I bought wasn't right and went back, 56/90 would both be nice.....
I made that decision when the 90 mm was announced and I have never regretted it. Paired with the 16-55 f2.8 it makes a lovely two lens outfit for portraits. I've tried the 56 a few times in my local dealership but, probably because I am used to linear motor lenses, I have always thought that it is too slow in focusing. What I would like to see Fuji do within the next 12 months is to produce updates of both the 56 and 23 to equal the standard of the 90.

its a deal breaker for me
It doesn't bother me. I generally use Auto ISO, and when I do want to change to a manual setting I'm never in a rush so have time to take the camera down from my eye to do so. Obviously, other people work differently and for those folk then the XT range offers a more appropriate solution.

I'll most likely be listing mine this weekend, I was planning on doing so for some time as I don't use it now I've got the XP2, not sure how to price it though looking at what Jessops are offering as trade in against a new XT-2, £460 plus £100, even though their numbers don't add up, I wonder if they'll pqay more for my graphite silver model.Truth be told though I have no plans to buy the XT-2, I'm happy with my XP2.

will you be listing the GS T1?

No plans to "upgrade" from the 1s (X-T and X-Pro), they do all I need them to! Twin card slots would be nice but only because my old Selphy printer can't read SDHC so I'm limited to 2GB cards if I want to use it. I'd rather spend the money a new body would cost me on more holidays.

Last edited:
Back