The Football Thread - Season 2011/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
m.wren said:
is charlie adams playing saturday?

Didn't he get a red card in his last premier league came? If so, he shouldn't be which is annoying as I have him in my fantasy football team and I'm fast running out of subs for the season!

Aguero on joining City
"I like to wear blue & white like Argentina. From what I see so do people of Manchester. At Heathrow I saw lots of Manchester United shirts."

Gael Clichy on joining City
"I understand that the people who live in Manchester are the true fans. They are from City,"

Sauce with your Chip ? - You've got to love the scripts they're given :LOL::LOL: Muppetry at it's finest.

And now we can add Hargreaves to the list

"At United I was just treated like a guinea pig" :bonk:

bet fergie is kicking himself for letting hargreaves go on a free after his performance the other night though.

bet fergie is kicking himself for letting hargreaves go on a free after his performance the other night though.

I like the guy as a player but I doubt Fergie gives a hoot Joe.

United stood by him (and he did very well out of it) but enough was enough and United move on anyway.

He's at City so we must now expect bitter silly rubbish to be in the news. :wacky:

I like the guy as a player but I doubt Fergie gives a hoot Joe.

United stood by him (and he did very well out of it) but enough was enough and United move on anyway.

He's at City so we must now expect bitter silly rubbish to be in the news. :wacky:

He's Still let a player go for nothing who now looks to be on the right side of recovery and performing brilliantly, albeit from only one game so far. If he keeps improving then it will turn out to be bad business by utd after all the money they spent

He's Still let a player go for nothing who now looks to be on the right side of recovery and performing brilliantly, albeit from only one game so far. If he keeps improving then it will turn out to be bad business by utd after all the money they spent

Not really - Sometimes you have to move on regardless.

As I said - I really liked him as a player and when we signed him he was just what we needed. We were never going to register him in our squad (nor have city from what I can gather) so whilst he's eligible for certain games he's more of a handy 'nice to have' kind of player.

Last edited:
Funny how he never put in a transfer request to get away from the evil medics at Man U all these years they were paying him a fortune and getting no return. :shake:

Not really - Sometimes you have to move on regardless.

As I said - I really liked him as a player and when we signed him he was just what we needed. We were never going to register him in our squad (nor have city from what I can gather) so whilst he's eligible for certain games he's more of a handy 'nice to have' kind of player.

I'm not saying they regret not having him on the team sheet. But when you spend money on someone then all that money on recovery. Let him go on a free and he clearly shows he's now fit and has the skills to contend you'd be peed that you didn't get any cash for it. Anyone would.

Good day for me, Liverpool win and my second and now local team keep man u at bay with a draw. Well done pulis and co! A good point at the Britannia

Hot and cold day today.

We drew Manchester United in the cup (y)

Then lost (in the league) :thumbsdown:

Still, we drew Manchester United in the cup (y)

:LOL:

Last edited:
Mixed feelings about today.

Obviously wanted to keep the winning start to the season going but pleased with a point all things considered.

Fan of a league 1 team here!! Any room for me in here? :D :LOL:

Pretty sure...the even allow Scots in here :wave:

Watching MOTD, Torres seems to be the perfect Ying/Yang player at the moment. For every good action he does, he balances it out by doing an equaly bad action. Great goal, horrible tackle.

Good! :D

I'm a Wednesday fan and good to see us win again today! Gary Madine is on fire, also good to see an attacking option on the bench today too!

Good! :D

I'm a Wednesday fan and good to see us win again today! Gary Madine is on fire, also good to see an attacking option on the bench today too!

How is Stoke's Loan lad doing for you?

Well we almost paid a high cost for not taking our chances. I was astounded by the penalty decision though, players didn't appeal, fans right behind the goal didn't appeal and there was barely any contact at all. Traore also gets a yellow for his troubles which leads to the red at the end of the game. Equaliser was fortunate but, I think, deserved.

Ah well, welcome to the premier league I suppose. :D

i like QPR - i thought i wouldn't with Warnock and Barton, but you guys have a high work rate and are up for it all match.

Ben Marshall?

I think we'll miss him when he goes back. He's been very good for us, quite creative and a good player IMO.

I'd bet you'll get him until the end of the season as we should be looking to bring in a winger in Jan anyway.

I'd bet you'll get him until the end of the season as we should be looking to bring in a winger in Jan anyway.

I hope we do. As we dont really have anyone to replace him on the wing.

We have Jamine Johnson but he's a liability and not consistant enough!

I hope we manage to keep it together this season and our away performances pick up. I'd like to see us back in the championship but it will be a tough season!!

Oh and be nice to see the blades to start lose more games too!! :LOL:

QPR bought their way into the prem

Erm, how so? :thinking:

Spent a fair bit less than other teams last season. Or are you just assuming that, because they had rich owners, they must have spent loads of money? They actually spent very little and pretty much got there with mostly free transfers and loans. Maybe you could give an example of how they "bought their way into the prem". :shrug:

Looks like a bad night for teams from Manchester.

When Basel went 3-2 up and there were ten minutes left I knew man u would equalise in fergie time so I stuck a fiver on in play bet and won £15 back!

Nice

Tevez refuses to come off the bench and Mancini says he is finished with him! Who does Tevez think he is? :dummy:

Tevez refuses to come off the bench and Mancini says he is finished with him! Who does Tevez think he is? :dummy:

:LOL: at City.

Tevez is a first rate plonker - nothing comes as a shock to me with that guy.

So what if he's 'unhappy in his current position'. :dummy:

Some people work for 10 years to earn what he earns in one week and have to get up every morning unhappy with what they do.

I feel sorry for the manager - by all accounts a few of them spat their dummies out tonight.

Thought this was apt....

6191181977_e2433cdd7e_o.jpg

Last edited:
i like QPR - i thought i wouldn't with Warnock and Barton, but you guys have a high work rate and are up for it all match.

Should be a good game against your boys - you always bring a few down as well so should be a good atmosphere

Some people work for 10 years to earn what he earns in one week and have to get up every morning unhappy with what they do.

I feel sorry for the manager - by all accounts a few of them spat their dummies out tonight.

Thought this was apt....

Will be interesting to see what they do with him. Training with the juniors for the next few years could be good.

Or maybe they can fire him and sue him.

When he plays you can't argue with his effort, but I simply can't understand why he did it. Or didn't.

Maybe they can stick him and Dzeko in a nursery for a while until they grow up.

Will be interesting to see what they do with him.

They'll have kissed and made up by the weekend as it was obviously just a misunderstanding! :wacky: Well, that and the contract of course. :rules:

Should be a good game against your boys - you always bring a few down as well so should be a good atmosphere

Not sure if i'll be coming down, hoping to.

What are prices like now?

Thought this was apt....

Got to agree with ya.. :)

Not sure if i'll be coming down, hoping to.

What are prices like now?

Well they've come down, but I wouldn't describe them as cheap. I have a S/T to not sure on general matchday prices, but my friend who came to the Villa game paid £43 for his.

I shall watch the Stoke game in the comfort of my armchair...

i had too - had to give my ticket away as i've hurt my leg :(

Well pleased with the result though :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back