The TP 52 - 2024 The sign up and chat thread Week 38 People

Gosh!! It's Thursday tomorrow. I am still in the dark about Light. I haven't done one yet. Well, hopefully tomorrow's theme will be Dark, as I already have one prepared! That will lighten the load at least.

Rambling again. I blame all the commuting I have to do. We are over halfway through already. Time flies.

On a more serious note, I have noticed that there are about 22 of us who are somewhere between weeks 22 and 27. In other words, the ones that are more or less keeping up. It's about 50% of a list I have which has 46 names in total. I would guess that to be normal at the halfway point.

Gosh!! It's Thursday tomorrow. I am still in the dark about Light. I haven't done one yet. Well, hopefully tomorrow's theme will be Dark, as I already have one prepared! That will lighten the load at least.

Rambling again. I blame all the commuting I have to do. We are over halfway through already. Time flies.

On a more serious note, I have noticed that there are about 22 of us who are somewhere between weeks 22 and 27. In other words, the ones that are more or less keeping up. It's about 50% of a list I have which has 46 names in total. I would guess that to be normal at the halfway point.

50% is good going for the half way point I think.

50% is good going for the half way point I think.

It's actually quite a spread.
This links back to the analysis I posted at the end of 2023 for the previous 12 years

That's not bad @LC2 . Well done to those still trying to participate. I'm hoping next year will be easier for me to have another go - I didn't manage for very long this year, what with moving house, work, and a certain unfortunate turn of events on TP Now it's getting into a rhythm for me and I have calendar reminders. I've even taken a few photos recently...

Speaking of which, there seem to be a lot of Clouds about today, but at least it's not raining now...

Hmmmm - outside the box juices are flowing :naughty:

Looking out the window wondering if ok to post a plain grey picture, could probably be used as a grey card :rolleyes:

It's that time again....but I'm afraid "grey" wasn't on Chris' list of themes for this year. However when I looked through the list, with that in mind, it did make me think of a typical British Summer

Last edited:
Living at the seaside should make this doable - rain or shine :) :banana:

Hello All.
I know I need to catch up again! I have written down my missing weeks and the tech needed, and I endeavor to get the camera out this weekend with the great weather and get them done!

Really like alot of the submissions! I will be liking and commenting soon :)

I just came off a three hour work call, running tests of software with the Home Office. I think I need a drink or drinks!

I'll drink to that. Cheers! :beer:

Shooting a Wedding tomorrow at Liverpool Cathedral. Evening do in the Bierkeller. I expect there will be drinks :beer: :banana:

I thought we would go for a good old favourite to get everyone out shooting this week: Bridges
Just because I saw one called twelve Arches this morning - twelve arched spand over some low pasture. Must get down there with a camera and I know the one to use - my617 film camera!

I know how Kell feels now, took a pic of Menai suspension bridge last week

Loads of bridges here on the River Lune. Choices choices! :banana:

Last edited:
I was thinking "have we had that subject?" but it must have been Arches when I posted a bridge earlier in the year.
I like this subject, good excuse to pack the camera for the early week drive to the M25 office and take the back roads home, and if that doesn't work I have a couple of local subjects to fall back on.

I thought I'd give everyone a fairly easy one this week; I might not be so generous next week!

Oooh, that's an idea....

Hi Everyone. Had to pop out for a while ... well, since 2017'ish anyway. Hope to test my resolve and mojo - hope nobody minds

Just jump right in Carl :)

Oh dear - I seem to have lost the capacity to follow simple instructions. Struggling with linking my TP52 images to the main forum. "Linky" is all I get - repeated several times with my page, forum page open whilst reading the stepped guide on another and yet ..... I blame Elon, Putin and Trump

Hey Carl,

See if this post helps you out at all.

Thanks Kell. I seem to have created two threads in the process but I think a light must have flashed momentarily above my head in the midst of overpowering gloom and allowed me to post and link somehow. Mental acuity has diminished more rapidly than memory it appears.

Time for a new theme. @Crotal Bell did suggest Mongolia, which was awfully tempting, but I doubt many of us are able to fly to Ulan Bator just like that. So I thought about the weather instead as it reminded me of the Top Gear crew in their Gobi Desert adventure, although I don't believe the Gobi gets that Hot?

Hot! Thakkle do :banana::naughty::banana:

Typical. Had a week of good weather and then the theme changes to Hot the day it starts raining again!

Time for a new theme. @Crotal Bell did suggest Mongolia, which was awfully tempting, but I doubt many of us are able to fly to Ulan Bator just like that. So I thought about the weather instead as it reminded me of the Top Gear crew in their Gobi Desert adventure, although I don't believe the Gobi gets that Hot?
I hope I can get a refund on this airline ticket :headbang:

According to the s/sheet I am at week 15.. but on my previous posts searching I am on week 11...
I'll post from 12 onwards to make sure... for some ... I am missing a few tho
Looks like you haven't been posting to the main thread while updating your personal thread.
I'm guessing we caught a few back in April somehow.
Scrolls updates will be made when we update for posts later than 836 (page 21) on the main thread.

I thought something a little different this week: Song (Title or Lyrics) - this could be an interesting insight into people's musical tastes!

Back