The TP 52 - 2024 The sign up and chat thread Week 38 People

Just on the train home after 5 days in London. I have a plethora of theme entries :banana:

It certainly is. There are some very oddball themes in the list that Cobra compiled for this year, and I'm sometimes tempted to see how they might be interpreted, but this week again I'm going to be relatively kind. I thought I would give people a chance to play with their lighting and still life capabilities: as well as composition skills: Cutlery.

I'll keep a sharp eye out for something suitable :)

Thinking caps on. One thing for sure - it won't be a tabletop shot of two interlocking forks :cool:

Newbie question - am I allowed to submit better entries to previous weeks' themes on the main TP 52 page?!

Newbie question - am I allowed to submit better entries to previous weeks' themes on the main TP 52 page?!
I'm an oldie returning as a newbie but ...... I've swapped out before without complaint. It is your 52 after all so up to you entirely.

Reactions: LC2
Regarding resubmitting: I would argue that whilst it's fine in your own thread, it is more appropriate to not change what you've submitted in the main shared-by-all thread please. Not a rule as such, but I might add it for next year now it's been raised as a question.

Snappers Choice again folks - fill your boots!

Regarding resubmitting: I would argue that whilst it's fine in your own thread, it is more appropriate to not change what you've submitted in the main shared-by-all thread please. Not a rule as such, but I might add it for next year now it's been raised as a question.
Understood and thanks for the advice. I'll delete my v2s in the main thread

I was going to wait until Sunday, but swiftly looking this way and that, it's Panning for September & October's technique.

Well, we had our eating irons in the viewfinder the week previous, so I thought we could stick with Tools for this week too, especially seeing as my house is full of tradesmen's tools at present doing work (plasterer, joiner and occasionally me painting.

Selfie weeeeeek!!!! :naughty: :banana: :naughty:

Not impressed - might throw in the trowel

Last edited:
Not sure who's running the excel sheet at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZAIEjiMiKkG-U3pkpq9ZIqEsNJUTkTUWrqDzPraaY-8/edit?gid=0#gid=0 I know Im still in the wall of shame (rightly so :ROFLMAO: ) but could they amend week 5 as tech please as it was a SOOC shot too. Im way down on row 59 :eek::banana:
I am updating the spreadsheet now and will both update the tech and move you off the wall of shame.(looks like someone beat me to updating the tech but I have moved you off the wall of shame)

Last edited:
@Judgeged Welcome to the 52. Please make sure you have read the guidelines and set up your own thread. I will tick off snappers choice for the picture you have posted as you have not stated which theme it was meant to be

Wait, I'm seven weeks behind? Good grief, I knew I'd let things slip over the Summer holidays but had no idea!

It occurred to me this morning when considering the next theme, that it's nice to have a continuity of thought process. Accordingly, I associated Tools with certain Occupations or Occupational activities.

Fab. I have a shot in mind - if she’s still there this afternoon :)

Hmmmm - timer and slow shutter speed to capture my hammock in full swing.

Going on Holiday to Paxos early tomorrow morning, hope to have some nice themes to show off my holiday

Pete:cool:

As we have moved from inanimate objects, to living ones doing stuff, I guess it's appropriate to think of People as the subject theme for this week

Oooooh people! Time to get the Street Photography gear out :banana: :naughty: :banana:

I guess then that as we are "People who need people" we "are the luckiest people in the world" tra la la :cool:

Back