Waiting for a train

Edit My Images
No
a.jpg

c.jpg

d.jpg

e.jpg

You made you poor lad sit at a station with some old cuffy bags whilst you took a shot?

Great idea!

Number 2 is my fave.

Last edited:
what a great set !!!! really like the idea !!!
number 3 & 4 are my favourite 2 :D

I like #1 but would clone the lamposts out to try and get a better retro feel.

great idea - love #1 but they're all nice shots.

shame our train station is seemingly full of chavs otherwise i'd give that a try myself ;-)

What a great set. They really get the imagination going, well mine at least!

There is something very special about crisp contrast images like this, it's the sort of trend that really gets me thinking.

Ansy

the feeling of seeing the boy acting and posing killed the beauty of the shot. sorry but that is what i felt.

Nice set Dav, very imaginative and nicely excecuted. Great location too.

Ian

I think they are all great shots
but along with most people they could be improved by cloneing out the lights and lamp post's in 1
I think Ipacs edit works enhances an already good shot

R33SY

Great shots Dav, Ive had to have stern words with my children tonight and direct them to some of your threads, the looks I get and the moans I get when I ask them to model for me, even resorting to bribary with crisps and biscuits is failing miserably :)

the feeling of seeing the boy acting and posing killed the beauty of the shot. sorry but that is what i felt.

Bearing in mind our son is dressed in 1940/1950 attire and having old brown suitecases as props, acting was a requirement from him. Why is this such an issue in these photographs? ;) These were not candid shots. :LOL:

I think they all look brilliant, I love the PP on number 1, its very evocative.

If I could find anything to criticise (and I'm being very picky) the signal light near your lads elbow is distracting me.

And well done to your son, he's doing a great job of adding a story to the images. It must cost you a fortune in DS games!!!!

Well yet another great couple of shots. I love the all but #1 is the true winner. Hats of to you and your son.

I love the first, a definite winner out of a good set. Was it flashed or just good natural light? It looks so... Smooth.

Thanks Big Cris. Yep, I made him sit there under the threat of no tea.

Thanks Karl.

Thanks very much Chris

Thanks Tom.

Thank you Mark ;) Thanks for commenting.

Thanks Mark (Cuthbert) (and for your regular feedback). Just wish I'd had a 1.8 for the shoot ;)

Thanks Peter. Light was left in deliberately, but I have to admit, it was a 51% - 49% split mind decision. Thanks for the edit.

Cheers Andy. Glad you like them.

Thanks for looking Neil.

Thanks the888' - achieved using OCF. Image is pretty much as shot. My PS skills are ZERO.

Haider. Appreciate your time. Please understand that these are contrived shots and not candids.

Kemble3 (Ian me old mucker) - Thank you. Shot at Kemble station ;)

Thanks Neil (R33SY)

Cheers Virtuair

Thanks Ade - in fact thanks very much. I have to say that I don't bribe the kids - I'd just make sure that I don't overheat them - i.e. make sure there's plenty of playtime during the shoot.

Architectfadi - see above

Charlotte - as always - thanks for your input!

Thanks Chris from Bridgnorth. Bridgnorth, the place of many pubs - I think :)

Thanks Steve. No DSi games. One thing I've worked out. If you blog cool shots of your kids (if old enough) they will pose. Our eldest (12) asks for cool scooter, boarding shots and puts them on his Facebook. He seems to have a new girlfriend every week! That's probably more down to the good looks he got from his mum!

Darren - thank you very much.

Thanks again Marcus.

Thanks for the comment Steve - appreciated.

Cheers Tom. Multiple strobes and ambient.

Cheers Ashley.

Thanks to 'Garlic' for his modelling skills.

Final thank you must go to MsPeep (who put her camera down) and helped with the lighting.

Phew. Thanks all for the comments. I really appreciate feedback. Hopefully I've replied to everyone above - if not, a thank you to you too!

Cheers.

Dav

Last edited:
Dav,
Love #1!

You mentioned multiple strobes for #1, were they direct lighting or did you use anything to soften them down, i.e softbox etc and what distance were your lights away from the subject?

Cheers Stuart.

Used a beauty dish as key and flagged strobes to light other elements e.g. suitcases.

Cheers.

Dav

Nice work, Dav. Is that a hotshoe beauty dish?

Hey Dav, some good lighting skills there, No 2 and 3 work best for me, No.1 doesn't work so much, the angle/composition just doesn't seem to to work as well.

All the best..

Matt

Last edited:
Nice work. Like them a lot, your model plays the part, his expression really fits the images. Nice one.

Hi Dav also interested in Deans Question was it a speedlight Beauty dish, have been looking at making one but if I can find one at a decent price might go that route

Hi Dav also interested in Deans Question was it a speedlight Beauty dish, have been looking at making one but if I can find one at a decent price might go that route

Hi Ade.

S-type dish from Bessel. I use an s type speedlight bracket. About £50 mate.

Cheers.

Dav

Last edited:
Hi Ade.

S-type dish from Bessel. I use an s type speedlight bracket. About £50 mate.

Cheers.

Dav

Cheers Dav, how weird I have just been looking at those, looks a great idea and means can use speedlights with existing modifiers, whats the build quality of them, they look well made from what ive seen on the site/ebay page

[QUOTE Kemble3 (Ian me old mucker) - Thank you. Shot at Kemble station ;)
[/QUOTE]

Although I havnt't been there for a few years, I recognised the station right away. I have a Cirencester model to shoot later this month so I'm very tempted to shoot there.

Cheers

Ian

Back