weekly Wallyboys 52 for 2016, CELEBRATION ADDED

Definitely on the abandoned theme, and I even quite like the 'flatness' as I think it adds to the feeling of being washed out and left to rot. I would agree it's a tad right a crop though as further back may result in it appearing even more buried in the undergrowth?

Hi, abandoned definitely on theme but I think other people have mentioned it being a little flat so I won't go on
I would have definitely gone down the B+W route

Abandoned - fits the theme perfectly, nice capture and a great spot - well done :)
Thanks for comments,

Is the Skink (?) part of a painting? It's got a real 3D feel about it.
I like it.

I am so clueless about creating layers etc in PP. Was this two pictures merged - background and lizard - or was the colour layer greenish to make him blend in more? The overall image looks a little dark to me, but as it helps him blend into his background that was maybe intentional? Either way a good idea for a shot - works really well.

That works Walter, nice subdued colours (y)

(I'd suggest that its a Gecko going on the head shape and it appears to be clinging to a wall, not that it matters)

Processing works really well and makes it a very interesting composition and great colours.

Happy - Agree with others about having a shallower dof just to make the statue pop more. But I prefer the original to the tighter crop because it gives more context.

Abandoned - Nice find! I do agree that, for the theme, having a wider shot will make it look more abandoned. However, as a generic photo, I like your shot because all the decaying parts of the vehicle are intersting to look at in detail. Just wish the front of the vehicle were sharper as there's a lot to look at there, with the bashed headlights and all the rubbish living in the "cubby holes". :p

Camouflage - I think it works for the theme. Just needs to be brighter. :p

Looks good to me Walter - love the earthy colours. Great find.

Abandoned - Good find for the theme.

Camouflage - As others have said it is a bit dark but for the theme it works (I had similar problems with my camouflage shot), Would be interesting to know what it is, is it part of a painting of some sort?

Is the Skink (?) part of a painting? It's got a real 3D feel about it.
I like it.

I am so clueless about creating layers etc in PP. Was this two pictures merged - background and lizard - or was the colour layer greenish to make him blend in more? The overall image looks a little dark to me, but as it helps him blend into his background that was maybe intentional? Either way a good idea for a shot - works really well.

That works Walter, nice subdued colours (y)

(I'd suggest that its a Gecko going on the head shape and it appears to be clinging to a wall, not that it matters)

Good idea but perhaps could be brightened up a little.

It works well Walter but it does look very dark, I agree with Chris it would maybe lighten a bit, a very effective composition for the theme though.

Processing works really well and makes it a very interesting composition and great colours.

I like that possible a little dark but very nice and on theme

Happy - Agree with others about having a shallower dof just to make the statue pop more. But I prefer the original to the tighter crop because it gives more context.

Abandoned - Nice find! I do agree that, for the theme, having a wider shot will make it look more abandoned. However, as a generic photo, I like your shot because all the decaying parts of the vehicle are intersting to look at in detail. Just wish the front of the vehicle were sharper as there's a lot to look at there, with the bashed headlights and all the rubbish living in the "cubby holes". :p

Camouflage - I think it works for the theme. Just needs to be brighter. :p

Looks good to me Walter - love the earthy colours. Great find.

Hi Walter, any other theme and I'd say the gecko may want brining up a stop or so, but for camouflage I think it works well as is.

Abandoned - Good find for the theme.

Camouflage - As others have said it is a bit dark but for the theme it works (I had similar problems with my camouflage shot), Would be interesting to know what it is, is it part of a painting of some sort?

:agree: With the above comments.
thanks for comments much appreciated,
the layer was kept dark to suit theme, I couldn't see any sense in making gecko stand out, as it is very colourful.

Hey - spot on Walter - definitely Danger with the wife around. Not sure what the texture is but works for me. Nice fun image :)

And your'll certainly be in danger if she spots that! lol

Great idea Walter (y)

lol, funny photo, and probably the only one out of the whole lot of danger photos this week that puts the photographer in REAL danger. :p

Dangerous made me smile. What is PPed and what isn't? The label top left of frame? And the cloud pattern (I recognise that!) but presumably the image is shot?

I like the image overall but not sure whether I should comment on anything within in more deeply because I'm not sure what's been photographed by you and what hasn't!

Bet you posted that on the sly Walter :LOL:

Hey - spot on Walter - definitely Danger with the wife around. Not sure what the texture is but works for me. Nice fun image :)
Thanks carl. just a bit of fun, texture is clouds rendered, with lowered opacity,

And your'll certainly be in danger if she spots that! lol

Great idea Walter (y)
Cheers C,

Hehe - I love a silly image, good luck surviving until next week :)
I have made it to wenesday..........he.....he

Great fun shot Walter ....you could be in trouble :)
Not gonna tell her,

lol, funny photo, and probably the only one out of the whole lot of danger photos this week that puts the photographer in REAL danger. :p
Oh yes if she finds out...ha....ha

Dangerous made me smile. What is PPed and what isn't? The label top left of frame? And the cloud pattern (I recognise that!) but presumably the image is shot?

I like the image overall but not sure whether I should comment on anything within in more deeply because I'm not sure what's been photographed by you and what hasn't!
It was two shots, Beware of wife was cut out of one image, drag drop on the other image, then clouds rendered
Bet you posted that on the sly Walter :LOL:
you have blown my cover ruth...he....he
Very 'dangerous' image indeed....:LOL::LOL: :LOL: :clap:
only if she finds out.

thanks for comments

Danger - I do like the witch shot, nice find.

Topical - a nice take on the theme, a good clean sharp image, I even like the rough looking bg. I would say it fits the theme nicely, feet up now for the rest of the week.

Clever take on the theme, I had thought of doing something EU related but I doubt I could better that. The brussels sprout is a nice touch :)

Like the brussels sprout and the clear message the image collectively gives. Definitely on theme as this will be the topic for discussion.

As DK says theres a lot going on in the image and makes it hard to focus on one point but I like the thought process behind it. I think it may be a topical theme for a while yet

Hi Walter, that's a clever image and very creative composition. I think as others have said, a slight exposure lift would make it stand out a bit more, as would a little more depth/texture on the white lettering (the Freedom is fine for me). The sprout looks very slightly soft to me, but it's a great addition alongside the coins.

Very on-theme and I think you've done well with it!

Back