Your best motorsport photo of 2010

This is probably the shot this year that i like the most from a photography point of view. My favourite however is different and more underwhelming from a photographic point of view.

995601319_5Yqyv-L.jpg

Gary, i agree with the others. That shot is certainly unique and works very nicely indeed. Almost more art than photography (although photography is an art, but you probably know what i'm getting at)

Last edited:
Not had much luck with Motorsport this year, results have been a bit "meh" as they say on the internets :(

This one of the few I'm happy with, I was having a play trying to pan @200mm while the sidecars were going down the Devils elbow at Mallory

They were moving a bit quick .....

side_pan.jpg

possibly one of the best shots i have taken, sideways, on the limit, pushing hard...

Walesrgb2.jpg

Best image so far, that's captured loose surface rallying perfectly in a nutshell, really outstanding IMO!

I'm hoping to be out capturing a few local road rallies next year, maybe I'll make next years thread :D

Best image so far, that's captured loose surface rallying perfectly in a nutshell, really outstanding IMO!

I'm hoping to be out capturing a few local road rallies next year, maybe I'll make next years thread :D

thanks mate, thats made my day! (y)

I only managed to get to the BTCC at Brands in Oct this year. I think this is my best. I have not done any PP so I might replace it at a later date with a PP version.

5199826056_6f011c0c94_b.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Paul

my best from a bad bunch:

IMG_2931-Copy-Copy.jpg

Charlie

Really well thought out ,Matt.

Like the framing and car being at front.

Am guessing was taken horizontally and then angled in PS,cropped.

Not excessive angle either.

Cracking shot.(y)

By the way,congrats on the progress you are making to ultimately go fulltime togging.
Regards,
Pons

Thank you very much Pons!! The angle was done in camera, i only cropped to it remove the car from the centre of the frame and make it better in terms of compostion :)

Thanks,
Matt

Only got to one race meet so not much to choose from, but I think this has to be my best

8129.jpg

Last edited:
at Peterborough speedway.

Fantastic image, sorry to go slightly off topic but I thought I recognised your name and when I dug up a recent copy of Practical Photography you are the photographer of the simply amazing 2 page photo of the rider falling off the bike! Honestly one of the best images of its kind I have ever seen with the reactions captured! It was amazing, just wanted to say I thought it was very good :D:clap:

Fantastic image, sorry to go slightly off topic but I thought I recognised your name and when I dug up a recent copy of Practical Photography you are the photographer of the simply amazing 2 page photo of the rider falling off the bike! Honestly one of the best images of its kind I have ever seen with the reactions captured! It was amazing, just wanted to say I thought it was very good :D:clap:

:confused:

thanks for that .. i thought it was the reaction of the crowd behind that made the picture in the magazine, and the picture above i liked because it was after a race finished and all the other photographers were packing up.

Dear me!!

Did you read all the article? did you read his camera settings?
What this guy knows about photography you could write on the back of a postage stamp, didnt even know he was on here, most disliked (wanna be) tog on the speedway circuit.

Dear me!!

What this guy knows about photography you could write on the back of a postage stamp, didnt even know he was on here, most disliked (wanna be) tog on the speedway circuit.

He's rattled your cage then !

Still a cracking photo ,though .(y)

And he got the shot despite not being an "eggspert" ,plus a load of exposure in a glossy mag.

Not a tiny bit envious are we ?

IMG_1045_7_1000_wide.jpg

I have wanted to take this shot for as many years as I have been going to Santa Pod (quite a few now).

The light was just right, the 70-200 1.4x and 40D worked their Servo AI magic and click - side by side TopFuel cars at 200mph+.

This was the last sharp frame of about 6 taken from the launch onwards, just after this someones head got in the way and the camera lost focus lock.

The only improvement I could have made would have been to use a 7D as this is a small crop and has begun to lose the quality a bit.

Maybe next year.

David

Dear me!!

it's about knowing your camera, and i know what CAN work on mine.
have you used the model of camera i have? have you tried everything to see what works and what doesn't?
i have, and i find things out.

you carry on doing what you do, i'll do what i do.
the difference being, i don't have a £3.5k camera to get these shots, you do.

http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=202521 << similar settings, guess i must be wrong

Last edited:
IMG_1045_7_1000_wide.jpg

I have wanted to take this shot for as many years as I have been going to Santa Pod (quite a few now).

The light was just right, the 70-200 1.4x and 40D worked their Servo AI magic and click - side by side TopFuel cars at 200mph+.

This was the last sharp frame of about 6 taken from the launch onwards, just after this someones head got in the way and the camera lost focus lock.

The only improvement I could have made would have been to use a 7D as this is a small crop and has begun to lose the quality a bit.

Maybe next year.

David

love it when you get the rear tyre out of shape like that

Not done much motorsport this year, but I quite liked this one...

I00008YQAzufTjL4.jpg

Fowlers Motorbike Day on Sept 4th. This guy obliterated everyone in the Allcomers race, I liked the little bit of heat haze off the back...

Nowhere near up to the standard of some on here, but I thought I'd chip in nonetheless.

it's about knowing your camera, and i know what CAN work on mine.
have you used the model of camera i have? have you tried everything to see what works and what doesn't?
i have, and i find things out.

you carry on doing what you do, i'll do what i do.
the difference being, i don't have a £3.5k camera to get these shots, you do.

http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=202521 << similar settings, guess i must be wrong

lets leave that discussion there please

This is the one I like from Oulton Park at the VSCC meeting early in the year

4636370953_54750de0df_z.jpg

Back