All things related to Apple phones & tablets

Understood. Also iMacs not likely to be discussed today at all. Sadly not bothered about a new iPhone that is better than ever because it is marginally slimmer - my iPhone 14 still going strong thankfully.

Rumours abound that they'll replace the whole line up. I'd be happy with an M3 but guessing that the next iteration will be 16Gb standard rather than 8 and hoping that offsets the price rise.
Wouldn't be surprised if they start offering 16GB as the base level RAM as I think the upcoming Apple AI functionality may be something of a burden for 8GB...

I'm still miffed that the M3 MacBook Air came out (and was cheaper) just a few weeks after I bought the M2 version, though in fairness I'm happy enough with the device itself at the moment.

Understood. Also iMacs not likely to be discussed today at all. Sadly not bothered about a new iPhone that is better than ever because it is marginally slimmer - my iPhone 14 still going strong thankfully.
I'm still using an XR, but am hoping that with the announcement of the 16, I can find a deal on a 15 or even a 15 Pro.

I'm still using an XR, but am hoping that with the announcement of the 16, I can find a deal on a 15 or even a 15 Pro.

It's extremely unlikely that I'll upgrade my phone as I bought a 15 Pro Max last year and I love it. I would however like to see a significant upgrade to the watch such as the ability to take BP readings which is something I like to keep an eye on.

iPhone 16 looks to be “more of the same” tbh, definitely no reason for me to change from my 15 Pro.

S10 Watch has me contemplating an upgrade from my original SE though!

Anyone know whether the battery life on the S10 watch is much better than the old ones?

New toys from the Apple Toy Shop.

Hoping for a base storage of 256GB for the iPhone, and that's what we got! :)
Apple UK store is showing 128GB as base storage for iPhone… (£799 for iPhone 16 and £699 for iPhone 15).

They have knocked £100 off the 15, matching the John Lewis price (which may now come down a bit I guess).

So what is the general consensus on the Apple event last night ?
It seems it was all focussed on AI, is it worth buying a 16 for the AI features ?

As regards the Watch 10, I can't tell if it is a decent upgrade from the 9 - opinions ?

I remain skeptical about Apple AI and if it is going to ever benefit me. I’m not bothered about something rewriting my messages or adding emojis. I need a phone for calls, messages and email and this iPhone 14 seems to work fine right now.

I have an Apple Watch S7 and didn’t see anything that that I needed there either other than the need for something shiny and new.

I had said I would probably get the 16 Pro, having had the 13 Pro since launch, I tend to skip a few - Think I went from 8, to 11 to 13.

Probably is worth it for me (daughter will get my 13), the camera improvements mainly. AI who knows, it may become a useful thing in the future

As I've already got a "15 Pro Max" that will be capable of using the new AI bits n bobs then there's no reason for me to upgrade. The "16 Pro Max" has got a new 48 mp sensor Ultra Wide but as I very seldom use that focal length there's little need to upgrade. As for the watch I was hoping it would take BP readings etc but as far as I can see it doesn't, so I'll stick with my S8 and see what happens next year.

I have a 3 and the 10 is a giant leap but nearly the same gain can be had for a good chunk less with a refurb 9.

is it worth buying a 16 for the AI features ?

Since some of the AI features won't be implemented until 2025 some people are probably going to wait for the 17. For most people, though, perhaps the promise that Siri will be able to do what we all thought it was going to do a year or so after it was released.

There are a few small bumps to the camera, though, including the ability to delete unwanted bits of the photo. You know, that thing that Lightroom and ON1 have had for quite a while now.

I normally buy apple cases. Expensive but good quality, unlike £12 ones on Amazon that 6w old fade or look awful.

Any good 3rd party cases I should look at, especially ones with the magnetic wallet.

iOS and iPadOS 18 public version is now available, as is MacOS Sequoia, WatchOS 11, plus the usual tvOS and HomePodOS.

Anyone who doesn't want to upgrade to iOS/iPadOS 18 and/or MacOS 15 Sequoia might like to know that you can update your existing iOS version 17 and MacOS 14.

Last edited:
iOS and iPadOS 18 public version is now available, as is MacOS Sequoia, WatchOS 11, plus the usual tvOS and HomePodOS.

Anyone who doesn't want to upgrade to iOS/iPadOS 18 and/or MacOS 15 Sequoia might like to know that you can update your existing iOS version 17 and MacOS 14.

Thanks for the heads up will update ipad and iPhone but will wait before updating MacBook Pro in case there is any issues with photo editing programs mainly DXO and Affinity

I updated mine - understand there have been a few problems with iPad M4 - not that I have one of those but my updates went smoothly.

I also note that DXO have released this years update.

Thanks for the heads up will update ipad and iPhone but will wait before updating MacBook Pro in case there is any issues with photo editing programs mainly DXO and Affinity
Anyone heard if any problems with either of these?

Back