Canon EOS 6D Mk2 Owner's Thread

Er yes. Crop lenses on a FF body...

No. Re read!

I believe I did say my FF lenses work perfectly on my crops. Which they do. Or maybe I've been mistaken all these years :/ ?

I'm not sure I understand what all the argument is about in here anyway.

Why would Canon put the latest sensor tech in the 6DII, who would buy the 5DIV if they did? Surely that is obvious to everyone. Companies in all sectors of retail save their best for their top of the range. It would be like me buying an A-Class Mercedes and complaining that it hasn't got an AMG V8 in it. "But they could, they clearly have the technology available".

thought you means the reverse

Even though I what I said was quite clear and you failed to re read it and went on to correct me :)

Anyway, carry on!

Why would Canon put the latest sensor tech in the 6DII, who would buy the 5DIV if they did? Surely that is obvious to everyone. Companies in all sectors of retail save their best for their top of the range. It would be like me buying an A-Class Mercedes and complaining that it hasn't got an AMG V8 in it. "But they could, they clearly have the technology available".

People would still buy the 5d4 as it has joystick, dual card slot, more MP and better AF system. So even if the 6d2 had teh same DR tech as the 5d4, there is a ton of features still missing from it compared to an 5d4

I think a few people use crop lenses on crop bodies to reduce weight and bulk.

Yes indeed they do. I have a couple of crop only lenses too.

But. What's that got to do with my post or this thread, lol?!

Sweet Jesus. Actually failed to re read it twice and 'correct' me twice!
Does it make you wonder how much thought and comprehension goes into his other posts?

6DMK2's announced - people get excited

Unsubstantiated reports emerge online - people argue on a forum

Camera's released - Appears to take quite a good picture despite the reports

On the forum - everybody apologises to everyone else and agrees it's a damn good camera and they actually thought it would be anyway.

6DMK2's announced - people get excited

Unsubstantiated reports emerge online - people argue on a forum

Camera's released - Appears to take quite a good picture despite the reports

On the forum - everybody apologises to everyone else and agrees it's a damn good camera and they actually thought it would be anyway.

@jonneymendoza goes quietly into a darkened room and lovingly strokes his Nikon.

What do you think Canon's corporate objective is?
  • A. Make the best sensor they possibly can.
  • B. Make the most money they possibly can.
Both are a bit simplistic, but I'd be willing to bet that B is closer to the reality. So why complain that they're not doing A?
This^
But anyone who thinks that A is irrelevant to them, when ignoring it has a direct impact on B is not thinking it through.

This^
But anyone who thinks that A is irrelevant to them, when ignoring it has a direct impact on B is not thinking it through.

The way Canon (who make their own sensors) can steal a march on the competition is to release a FF sensor with global electronic shutter, since most of the other suppliers use Sony sensors, this feature will not be a Nikon first!

Global shutters already exist on 28MP APS-C Machine Vision Cameras, so its only a matter of time before they come to the consumer market.

The way Canon (who make their own sensors) can steal a march on the competition is to release a FF sensor with global electronic shutter, since most of the other suppliers use Sony sensors, this feature will not be a Nikon first!

Global shutters already exist on 28MP APS-C Machine Vision Cameras, so its only a matter of time before they come to the consumer market.
I'm sure I've read they filed a patent.

I don't know why they dropped eye controlled focus.

They clearly dropped the pellicle mirror because they can't give away the 2 stops to the competition.

But again, their dual pixel AF is market leading. They're not sat back, it's a highly competitive marketplace and they're well aware of the risks associated standing still.

Because your V8 has a cost to Mercedes. The sensor cost would be negligible, the cost is there already in making a FF sensor.

Canon could have and have differentiated it from the 5D4. The 80D has a "better sensor" than the 7D2 but has enough differences to attract buyers in its own right with the 7D2 offering that little bit extra, albeit for not a great deal more money.

But it is what it is. It won't be a bad camera and 99% of people who buy it will never think about a bit more shadow detail recovery or any of that cobblers.

If he only has EF-S lenses, then he is quite right.

EF-S lenses are for crop bodies only.
EF lenses will work on crop and full frame.

I just meant in general. He is bashing Canon sensor tech all the time but has zero comparison shots he made himself. He is basing it on what he reads on the internet IMO

If he only has EF-S lenses, then he is quite right.

EF-S lenses are for crop bodies only.
EF lenses will work on crop and full frame.

Who would have a full frame camera with only EF-S lenses?

He was wrong as he read my post wrong! :)

Who would have a full frame camera with only EF-S lenses?

He was wrong as he read my post wrong! :)

You guys are arguing the toss so much you forget what your argument is.

Yea i would not bother with a 6d2 and either save more for a 5d4 or jump ship. If you are looking to jump into ff for the first time. You can afford to switch Imo. Assuming you have been using crop canon body and lenses (which u will have to all get rid if anyway as u need a FF body and lenses)

Why would you need to get rid of them? I have FF and crop. The FF lenses work perfectly on my crops :)

More like you missed my point as others did.

No point was missed, lol! You corrected me on something you completely misread. Twice. Despite being directed to re read it. Or was it three times? Anyway, the moments gone now.

Last edited:
No point was missed, lol! You corrected me on something you completely misread. Twice. Despite being directed to re read it. Or was it three times? Anyway, the moments gone now.
And you missed my point completely making u just as bad.
You misread me completely!

And you missed my point completely making u just as bad.

What point did I miss? Was that when I asked you why you should throw the crop cameras away if you have a FF camera? You never explained that rationale or made that point out.

Back