Capture a stranger street style : Part 2

Its always a hard one trying to find out what matter to you as an photographer,after all theses years i still find myself struggling with it still :)

Dan I really love your post work. To me it as close to perfect as it gets. You should consider doing a video on it. I for one would study it whole heart-ed. Do you use lightroom or photoshop?

Lightroom and I only spend a couple of minutes on PP:) and thanks!

Last edited:
Lightroom and I only spend a couple of minutes on PP:) and thanks!

Something told me that you didn't have to spend much time on your shots. It's not the quantity it seems to be the quality. I am about to start a study course on post so perhaps I will pick up something good there. But I still think if you made a video it would be a huge hit on YouTube. Not to mention help me lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Talk Photography Forums

Something told me that you didn't have to spend much time on your shots. It's not the quantity it seems to be the quality.

Was this meant the other way round :D you didn't think i spent much time ..due to the quantity i churn out.. hah

Not something I've ever really done before (perhaps for good reason), but I snapped the following at a French market today:

Briquebec 8 v2 by Paul, on Flickr

The processing is deliberately "old" as I like that style and think it suits the subject - I may be wrong though!

I should also crop tighter but I was trying to get a more contextual series of shots... using my wider angle zoom rather than just default to my usual 50-135mm.

And I've realised how much I miss my "proper" monitor... damn laptop screen!

I've not posted 'in anger' before, but here are few from my recentish archives.

DSC_1436.JPG

film1.jpg

DL2_5129.jpg

DSCN1558.jpg

DSC_3253_01.JPG

Ta. I got a 'hard stare' from her co-worker who was outside the window. But sometimes you have to take the shot regardless! :D

Ta. I got a 'hard stare' from her co-worker who was outside the window. But sometimes you have to take the shot regardless! :D
At which point, pop the picture on the screen and show it to the co-worker, smile, thumbs up and walk away :)

Hi Dan, Really like your second set of street shots, especially the lovely contre-jour lighting.(y)

Hi Rob, Great shot very well seen.(y)

Cheers

Just bought a new camera for street photography :) look forward to trying it out when it comes!

Hi Dan, Go on then, What is it?:)

Have never used one myself but have heard good things about them, I'm sure you'll get some great images with it. Looking forward to seeing them."Enjoy".(y)

I seem to have managed to unsubscribe myself from this thread quite a while ago :thinking: & have just trawled back through all the superb shots (& the less superb ones :eek:)

So my well done to all those who contribute &from now on I will be back looking each day - keeping my eye on you all :p

I found out half way round I had the wrong snap-to-distance set... :) also need to work on my blind framing some more and slow down or increase my shutter speed. Here's a few photos - I did feel quite invisible - wanna get back out there and try again..

removed, because of crap clutter

Last edited:
Back