Clarkson suspended by the BBC, TG taken off air.

Never saw TFI then :ROFLMAO:

The 3 ex presenters don't have Chris Evans' energy between them. Love him or hate him, he's definitely not ever quiet or boring.

The BBC will never allow the new Top Gear to be anything like TFI, you can be sure the contract he signed is going to be all PC and inclusive, there won't be a place for any of the old 'edgier' incidents.

The BBC will never allow the new Top Gear to be anything like TFI, you can be sure the contract he signed is going to be all PC and inclusive, there won't be a place for any of the old 'edgier' incidents.
So you never saw the old Top Gear then.

There's a huge difference between what the BBC actually does and what the Daily Mail says it does you know.

Chris has calmed down a ton since his mid 90's extremes but he still has energy and Joi de vivre that the previous presenters never had (even when they were younger).

I find it ridiculous that anyone could believe that Top Gear will somehow go back to what it was. Why would it? It's a very successful brand, and that success is based on a certain 'edginess', the Beeb might be lots of things, but it's not about to kill a golden goose. If it wanted to do that, it wouldn't have pursued the previous presenters to return, and it certainly wouldn't have booked Chris Evans. And as I've said before (lots of times) they wouldn't have allowed JC to get away with being a dick splash for so many years either.

Hit or Miss (there's no guarantee of a hit), the new show will make the old one look 'old fashioned', I would put serious money on that.

Last edited:
So you never saw the old Top Gear then.

There's a huge difference between what the BBC actually does and what the Daily Mail says it does you know.

Chris has calmed down a ton since his mid 90's extremes but he still has energy and Joi de vivre that the previous presenters never had (even when they were younger).

I find it ridiculous that anyone could believe that Top Gear will somehow go back to what it was. Why would it? It's a very successful brand, and that success is based on a certain 'edginess', the Beeb might be lots of things, but it's not about to kill a golden goose. If it wanted to do that, it wouldn't have pursued the previous presenters to return, and it certainly wouldn't have booked Chris Evans. And as I've said before (lots of times) they wouldn't have allowed JC to get away with being a dick splash for so many years either.

Hit or Miss (there's no guarantee of a hit), the new show will make the old one look 'old fashioned', I would put serious money on that.

You Know pal, we have had some disagreements but i cant fault that post. I agree with it 100%

They had already recorded two films.

The first is about Classic Cars and the second was about budget SUVs

All Top Gear film footage is pre recorded (before the series) and the studio sections are done weekly in front of the studio audience so it can be 'topical' and 'current'.

The last show is 75 mins and will feature Clarkson, Hammond & May in both films. The studio sections will just be Hammond and May but (from what I've read) without the studio audience.

On tonight 8:00 - 9:15

I suspect that unfortunately we might end up with another Fifth Gear, or even a Top Gear pre the Clarkson/Wilman facelift of the show.

we may well, but it could just as equally improve things master chief style. My feeling is that it will probably give a badly needed freshen up. Time will tell

we may well, but it could just as equally improve things master chief style. My feeling is that it will probably give a badly needed freshen up. Time will tell

Hopefully, but with Chris Evans as 'Dictator in chief' I'm pessimistic. Him being both chief presenter and executive producer doesn't bode well in my opinion.

.. doesn't bode well in my opinion.
TBH I felt the same way when he took over from Wogan on Radio two, but I thought I'd give him a chance,
and he did deliver, quite surprisingly,
so on that I'm prepared to give him a chance at least.

but with Chris Evans as 'Dictator in chief' I'm pessimistic.
But I do understand your concerns ;)

Hopefully, but with Chris Evans as 'Dictator in chief' I'm pessimistic. Him being both chief presenter and executive producer doesn't bode well in my opinion.
Because TFI and the old Chris Evans breakfast show were so boring and laid back?

Did you see the TFI special the other week? More energy than an entire series of Top Gear.

His car collection makes the previous presenters look like a bunch of grey old farts. In the last 5 years he's owned everything from a Fiat 127 to the most expensive (at the time) car in the world, he's had Astons, Lamborghini 's and a VW camper, and he drives them all - for fun.

He might not be to everyone's taste, but the idea he's some kind of management puppet, or that the BBC want to take TG back to the 80's is farcical and is obviously allowing the emotional loss of Clarkson to get in the way of rational thought.

What will hand the game to Chris Evans though would be the 3 current presenters signing for a pay per view channel. There's not enough audience to maintain the popularity. I fear they'll do it though for the cash.

Chris evans makes more money buying and selling sports cars through his company than any of his broadcasting work

I liked the elephant. Shame the show seemed like such a hollow echo of what it used to be

I think tonight's show was always going to seem flat with just Hammond and May plus no studio audience.

Hopefully the trio will return with a fresh format.

I remember when Des Lynham left Match of the day to go to ITV or wherever... It survived well without him and still has a regular audience. Not me tho, sick of Premiership egos, poor behaviour and ... Oops, sorry almost started on a rant. :eek:

Thought last nights show was a sad, flat pastiche of the past couple of years to be honest, and well, crashing caravans again.... kind of sums it all up really doesn't it?!

I agree, the same old contrived stuff. I'll be glad for it to have a makeover.

My concern with Chris Evans is that he can be very self absorbed. His radio shows have often been steered onto discussions about what he has done, or owns, spurred on by sycophantic sidekicks.

I hear that the first filming for the new show involves him showing us around his garage....not a great start for my concerns!

I'm also hoping that Jodie Kidd doesn't get the job. Everything I've seen her in has been very amateurish/badly scripted, I'm not sure that she's a good enough presenter.

Last edited:
I personally think the new format Top Gear will run for one season, 2 at a push, and that will be the end of it

Reactions: BBR
It's the new, PC, bbc, of course they'll be a woman on the show.
On those thoughts, how about nick Hamilton? Decent driver, always comes across well in interviews, which isn't easy with his brother, ticks the bbc's requirement for ethnicity and disability, could be an interesting choice for the tame racing driver, stig replacement.

Had to laugh at Goodwood on Sunday. Tiff was on the BMW stand, being interviewed by Jake Humphries. At the end Tiff plugged the new series of 5th Gear starting this week. His final comment was, "The fat git has gone and the ginger git hasn't even started yet". :)

Had to laugh at Goodwood on Sunday. Tiff was on the BMW stand, being interviewed by Jake Humphries. At the end Tiff plugged the new series of 5th Gear starting this week. His final comment was, "The fat git has gone and the ginger git hasn't even started yet". :)
Tiff who? :p
Charming! Coming from a posh git:)

Last edited:
Ah Tiff, such an irrelevance in my opinion. Did he actually ever win anything of significance? Even the TV show was never more than in third place with only two entries. The old git should retire in my opinion.

I'd rather have Tiff than bloody Quentin (bore the effing pants of you) Wilson.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hear that the first filming for the new show involves him showing us around his garage....not a great start for my concerns!

to be fair there ought to be some interesting stuff in his garage, as hes a bonafide petrol head (and i'd guess they are making that point - that hes not just some parachuted in numpty) - also jezza turned self absorbtion up to eleventy anyway

Yep, he does. But he likes everyone to hear about it too!

I just hope that it doesn't become more about him than anything else, & also that at least one of the presenters is a 'driver'. I agree that Tiffany Dell could be annoying, but the shootouts, between him & Plato, were worth watching IMO.

Sometimes Chris Evans is so full of himself on the breakfast show that I turn it off, however his show is mostly enjoyable. The last TG was a bit flat but Clarkson's demeanour was of a man at the end of the road, he'd obviously had enough.

I will watch the new top gear for sure but more likely to see where May Hammond and Clarkson end up.

Sometimes Chris Evans is so full of himself on the breakfast show that I turn it off,
I used to quite like him and the breakfast show, but as you mentioned this past year, he is getting so far up his own arse, that its becoming "look at ,me, what I have, and what I did" show!
Yes he is becoming a boring old fart TBH.

Brilliant and there was me thinking that Prime was good for the next day delivery and cost effective to us over the year. We got then movies for 'free', earlier this week it also included 'music' and now Top Gear is on Amazon. Brilliant value for money.
You missed the photo backup :)

I used to quite like him and the breakfast show, but as you mentioned this past year, he is getting so far up his own arse, that its becoming "look at ,me, what I have, and what I did" show!
Yes he is becoming a boring old fart TBH.

He's a Radio 2 DJ, he's supposed to be a BOF!!!

But very true!

He's a Radio 2 DJ, he's supposed to be a BOF!!!
Not really he's supposed to keep me awake, not send me to sleep like VF
Who incidentally is a bigger boar [sic] than CE

MIND BLEACH!!!

It seems that Oisin Tymon is now suing Clarkson and the BBC for racial discrimination.

Many thought he would be after a payout at some stage...

The producer punched by Jeremy Clarkson is understood to be suing the former Top Gear host and the BBC for racial discrimination.

Court records show Clarkson and the BBC attended a closed-door hearing with Oisin Tymon at a London employment tribunal on Friday.

The case centres on "verbal abuse" that accompanied a physical attack during which Clarkson struck Tymon in March.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-34809758

It was only a matter of time, although his decision not to pursue charges when given the option initially will not sit well.
I wonder in what way he considers it "racist". :thinking:

Back