Dog Appreciation Thread, post your fave dog shots here...

Dazb, what a gorgeous shot! Very sharp. Would you mind sharing which equipment you used, and your settings?

Our delinquent Boxer/ ? cross.

8074905954_f4f62b95cc_c.jpg
[/url] IMG_0390.JPG by Carlos575, on Flickr[/IMG]

8201338542_f0542d50bf_c.jpg
[/url] IMG_1127a.jpg by Carlos575, on Flickr[/IMG]

pining for the fields...

Thank you! I didn't know that one could find that sort of information on Flickr - that's most helpful.

Same here, only recently realised lol

In case you've not yet spotted it, when on the page with the photo there's a tab under the Flickr logo called "Actions" which will drop down a menu including the Exif, if it's available that is!

65A80833-4795-4E19-A575-C8F4B14E8E09-16319-000013565DE2C016.jpg

Not the best of quality as only a quick snap of our 4 legged mate dressed up for the football, sadly later that evening he had 6 Epeleptic seizures, not a sight I ever want to see again :( .... Rushed off to the doggy hospital to be looked after, now back recuperating at home, will be on medication permantly now, strange stuff as he appears to be a tad drunk but been told his body will soon adapt to this, would be interested to know if anyone has had dealings with dog epilepsy and could give any advice

To Martyn D -
sorry I don't know anything about epilepsy, it sounds scary - but he looks like such a lovely boy, hope the medication settles down for him.

To Martyn D -
sorry I don't know anything about epilepsy, it sounds scary - but he looks like such a lovely boy, hope the medication settles down for him.

Thanks Sue, he's doing well and as the days go by he's getting back to himself, we were warned that he may never be 100% of his old self but he's having a damn good go at proving them wrong :)
He was a rescue dog and we always new he'd be a "challenge" but I think his strong personality has, and will, pull him through

It's been a while since I last took or posted photos of Jazz, but the light seemed a bit nicer today than it has been for ages...

20121208_124453_5079_LR.jpg

20121208_125356_5132_LR.jpg

Firstly, some awesome shots on here, of some beautiful animals. (y)

Thanks Sue, he's doing well and as the days go by he's getting back to himself, we were warned that he may never be 100% of his old self but he's having a damn good go at proving them wrong :)
He was a rescue dog and we always new he'd be a "challenge" but I think his strong personality has, and will, pull him through

Hi Martyn,

One of my parent's Labs had epilepsy. He wouldn't have many seizures, but when he did, it was best to keep the room calm, and try to refrain from touching him (as hard as it is - you just want to stroke them). They can snap & bite, as they are rightly scared, but the seizures will be over in a short period of time, and you can heap love onto them and comfort them.
Our vet said dog chocolate & cheese were big triggers, however we very rarely gave him either.
I hope you find a way to comfort your dog, it's something they live with, but in Max's case the seizures certainly decreased with time.

Good luck. :)

Last edited:
Anything else I could have done with this one???? Straight out of he camera

DSC_0068 by imogensdad, on Flickr

C&C welcome???

Last edited:
Firstly, some awesome shots on here, of some beautiful animals. (y)

Hi Martyn,

One of my parent's Labs had epilepsy. He wouldn't have many seizures, but when he did, it was best to keep the room calm, and try to refrain from touching him (as hard as it is - you just want to stroke them). They can snap & bite, as they are rightly scared, but the seizures will be over in a short period of time, and you can heap love onto them and comfort them.
Our vet said dog chocolate & cheese were big triggers, however we very rarely gave him either.
I hope you find a way to comfort your dog, it's something they live with, but in Max's case the seizures certainly decreased with time.

Good luck. :)

Missed ths reply...thanks Ben,
He's doing pretty well at the moment, just over 2 weeks of the tablets and he's 95% of the friend we know, we're very pleased with how things have gone so far and are hoping for a positive outcome in the future.
The tablet taking is seen as a treat time for him as he gets it wrapped in meat, shake the tablet bottle and he comes running licking his lips :LOL:

Cheers Mark. .just experimenting with a few. Big congrats on the result. Bailey looks very proud and relaxed. Let's hope it's the first of many. Keep us updated. He's looking great too !

Back