weekly Minx 52 for 2016 -Finished

I had thought of a tighter crop but quite liked it with the two in the back ground.

29157919010_6be5846146.jpg

Lemur
by Alison White, on Flickr

Last edited:
Hi zoos are difficult places to shoot because of the cages the lemur would work if it wasn't for the cage I feel

the bus is a great find and it fits in with the old building behind it

The giraffe looks quite lonely, so bang on theme!
I prefer the wider crop for B&W, with the two other lemurs in the background.
Great find for static, but where was George the Steam Roller going?

but where was George the Steam Roller going?

It was near the end of the day I think he may have been letting of steam ready to cool down for the night not sure just guessing but he came back in about half an hour or so.

The giraffe is very nicely done.
I prefer the first lemur, you were right about the wider framing.
Static is nicely done.

Good stuff. I particularly like your Static bus ... nice fine, nice compo and colour. (y)

Hi Alison. I like them both - but always had a thing about steam rollers with all that exposed machinery so that one edges it for me.

Lone - Nice shot, especially with a phone.
B & W - I also prefer the wider shot with the added context and the other two in the background.
Static - I like the bus shot, nice colours and the face on the bus is great.

Hi Alison,
Lone works nicely and the colours have come out very well considering the equipment to hand.
Quite a lot of lens flare in the B&W shot, but the lemur's tails defo fits the bill here. It's crying out for 30 seconds in PS in the levels dialog.
Static - Bertie could do with a bit more contrast too.
I've never seen the steam roller move, so great to get it in motion even if it doesn't fit the theme :)

Nice catch up Alison. Liquid deserves the shoe horn of the year award I think!

Good catch up Alison, love the lick quid pun :D, great idea. I also really like urban it feels like driving though town, I know those light trails are hard, especially hanging around at night with a camera but I often think we get too obsessed with sharpness and detail, we don't see the world as crisp, clear, sharp all the time (y)

Brilliant catch-up - A+ for effort. Excellent set of which my fave is Ancient - just love that vibrant red against the white and those pumps from yesteryear. Best shoehorn yet for Liquid ha ha.

Liquid ... HaHa ... I won't mention the nasal hair. Nice one minx.

Game
After the camera Failure at ZSL where my phone was not good enough to capture the Big cats
I had planned another Trip to Bushy Park for a Deer but not made it yet so here is an entry from the miniature
world of Bekonscott

Game
by Alison White, on Flickr

Last edited:
At first I thought it was a tilt n shift image ha ha. Such a typical British scene.

Game & Miniature all in one!

Interesting, different ... (y)

Very interesting photo, very British indeed... Pity that the plants don't keep in line with the miniature theme :D

Liquid :)
I'm going to agree with Carl, Ancient is my pick of the first bunch too.
Cool shot for "Game", I can see where the comments about Tilt Shift come from, except the oof areas are missing.
Shame there wasn't a train passing when you took the shot ;)

Both good takes - both sculptures in their own way. Spiders webs definitely have that spook factor about them.

Nice work (y) ... would like to see a bit more web detail tho.

Back