Nikon D750 & D780

He sure is, just got get the camera out now and he is ready for a pose cos he knows he'll get a treat. Keep forgetting to change colour settings before posting on here, looks sh1t all dull and washed out. Don't know why this happens, looks fine when viewed on Flickr.
Heres a copy with profile changed to sRGB, does this look any different to you? it does to me on my iPad.
ArchieForest0417_edited-3.jpg by Andy Foakes, on Flickr
Lovely shot of you best friend, yes 2nd shot does look brighter.

Always use sRGB for viewing on the web.(y)

He sure is, just got get the camera out now and he is ready for a pose cos he knows he'll get a treat. Keep forgetting to change colour settings before posting on here, looks sh1t all dull and washed out. Don't know why this happens, looks fine when viewed on Flickr.
Heres a copy with profile changed to sRGB, does this look any different to you? it does to me on my iPad.
ArchieForest0417_edited-3.jpg by Andy Foakes, on Flickr
Looks the same to me Andy (couldn't see a difference scrolling from one to the other so checked having two tabs open and flicking back and forth just to make sure ;)). Lovely image in your usual nice processing.

Last edited:
Just checked on my iMac and no difference, but noticeably different on iPad. Is there a way of automatically converting colour profile to sRGB?

Lovely image in your usual nice processing.
thanks Toby

no difference on my calibrated pc/ monitor ether, the answer is stop using bloody ipads:p

Just checked on my iMac and no difference, but noticeably different on iPad. Is there a way of automatically converting colour profile to sRGB?

thanks Toby
TBH my images look different on ipads and iphones than they do on my calibrated iMac and MBP, however it's mainly just WB/tint they don't look washed out. I'll look at your two on the ipad later and see if there's a difference between the two on those.

All my workflow is sRGB right from the camera. I keep thinking maybe I should shoot in adobe RGB to capture a wider gamut for future proofing and then exporting as sRGB but I never do :LOL:

Edit: Ignore the last sentence, obviously it makes no difference what colour space I shoot in as I shoot RAW.

Last edited:
not for a minute suggesting its the case here but i think this is one of the reasons we see so many pics with really over done colours now,
people are so used to seeing colours that way on ipads that its presumed normal. instead of looking out the window and realizing "toxic" isn't normal:eek::D

TBH my images look different on ipads and iphones than they do on my calibrated iMac and MBP, however it's mainly just WB/tint they don't look washed out. I'll look at your two on the ipad later and see if there's a difference between the two on those.

All my workflow is sRGB right from the camera. I keep thinking maybe I should shoot in adobe RGB to capture a wider gamut for future proofing and then exporting as sRGB but I never do :LOL:
Sorry if I'm being a bit thick here but my camera is set to sRGB so when and why does this change when importing into Lightroom/PSE requiring me to remember to change it back to sRGB.

Sorry if I'm being a bit thick here but my camera is set to sRGB so when and why does this change when importing into Lightroom/PSE requiring me to remember to change it back to sRGB.
Sorry I assume you weren't as you said you'd changed the profile to sRGB. Anyway, technically it shouldn't make any difference what setting you have in camera if you shoot RAW. Also, LR and PS work in the prophoto colour space which has the widest of them all, and so it is only your final output that should make any difference. For web sharing it should always be sRGB. For printing some say to use adobe RGB as it has a wider colour space and will match the printer. As I print directly from LR I don't think this matters but I'm not 100% sure.

Can anyone help with a question on Nikon's repair timescales for the 750? Mine wasn't a recall number yet the shutter/err issue was occurring with increased regularity so I sent it back to them (impressive service at this point) within a few days I received a quote for ~£190 to replace the shutter plate unit which I approved online immediately- great service from Panamoz by the way who refunded me within 24 hours for the total cost as Camera was 14 months old.

This is where everything has stopped however, now two weeks and no update on the online checker, still shows repair approved and hasn't changed from this status so just interested if anyone has any guidance on when I might expect a returned camera as using a tiny back up d3200 is just not doing it for me right now!

@nictry Ring and ask, I did and they bumped it up the queue. You'll also find it'll go from that to repaired very quickly. Mine was away for just over 2 weeks if I remember correctly but that was a recall.

My recall was turned around in two weeks and one day a few weeks ago. A previous warranty repair (on a Coolpix) was turned around within a similar timescale.

My recall was turned around in a week both times (shading issue and shutter issue). I did however ask that it was treated as a priority before I sent it in ;)

Just been doing a bit of reading up on the D810 and it appears that you can slightly grey out the outer frame of the viewfinder when using DX modes. I tried the suggested settings on the D750 (turning off AF point illumination) but it didn't do anything. Does anyone know if this can be done on the D750?

I miss my D750 already.
giphy.gif

Yeah but didn't it come back broken?
After the shading issue yep. I don't think the shutter recall will ever cause an issue, but with the shading issue they reseated the AF module I believe and so I guess brought in the potential to cause problems :(

After the 2nd time I had this zoom ring lock up on my 150-600 I sent a email last night, received a reply this morning asking if I can provide a video of the problem, my response was a firm no as I won't use the lens now and and Im slowly preparing to start my travels to blighty next Sat, now this has peeved me and instead of asking for a replacement which I can do within the 14 days of receipt of the lens, think I'll ask for a return of my money.

After the 2nd time I had this zoom ring lock up on my 150-600 I sent a email last night, received a reply this morning asking if I can provide a video of the problem, my response was a firm no as I won't use the lens now and and Im slowly preparing to start my travels to blighty next Sat, now this has peeved me and instead of asking for a replacement which I can do within the 14 days of receipt of the lens, think I'll ask for a return of my money.
Just return it as faulty and ask for a full refund including postage. Where did you buy from?

:(

Just return it as faulty and ask for a full refund including postage. Where did you buy from?
E-infinity and I think that's what l do.

I'm getting an ERR on the first frame of every day on one of mine. Back to Nikon with it :(

Has it already been fixed Andy?

This is what mine did until the repair.

No not yet. This one wasn't affected by the recalls.

It's under warranty with Panamoz though, so not too concerned.

No not yet. This one wasn't affected by the recalls.

It's under warranty with Panamoz though, so not too concerned.
Not great that none recall ones are having shutter issues too, there seems to have been a number of them now. Have other Nikons suffered this or just the D750?

That's good news then mate. I'd be on the phone to them asap.

Well, email.
Lol yeah Tina is the contact, well, that's what he calls himself lol

Lol yeah Tina is the contact, well, that's what he calls himself lol
I have to say Tina's customer service with my D500 has been second to none,..... assuming I get my refund of course ;)

Back