OFFICIAL I HAVE A NEW (FILM RELATED) TOY THREAD!!

I had one of these, with a couple of lenses, one of which was a a Meyer Lydith 30mm f3.5 lens. Possibly the lens I mostly used was a

Meyer Optik Lydith 30mm F3.5 Lens

I had one of these after my Zenit B packed in. I used it with a Helios 58mm f2 lens and a Lydith 30mm f3.5 lens. I gave it to me brother when I changed to a Rolleiflex SL 35, a crap camera, very unreliable, great lenses though. My brother destroyed the camera when he dropped it while climbing in Scotland, it's probably still wedged between some rocks at the foot of a cliff somewhere. The Practica was a nicely made camera though.
I’ve been wondering what lens to get for this. Never come across 30mm, but since I seem to shoot almost everything these days at 35mm, the Meyer Optik Lydith sounds like the way to go. Thanks for the recommendation.

I’ve been wondering what lens to get for this. Never come across 30mm, but since I seem to shoot almost everything these days at 35mm, the Meyer Optik Lydith sounds like the way to go. Thanks for the recommendation.
One of the Pentax Forum reviewers that Peter pointed to claimed that at infinity focus it could intrude on the mirror of some cameras, including the ME Super (no idea if this is true though).

One of the Pentax Forum reviewers that Peter pointed to claimed that at infinity focus it could intrude on the mirror of some cameras, including the ME Super (no idea if this is true though).
Thanks for drawing my attention to that; I’ll be wary of using the lens with my Spotmatic. I’ve taken the plunge though and bought one off eBay. Hopefully I’ve got a good one and it will work well with the Praktica.

The wait is nearly over - just had notification from Germany my next major purchase is ready to ship; this is so exciting it's like Xmas as a kid again!

Finally here - can't wait to start testing it:

full

I had to visit the manufacturers website to figure out what it was!! Looks good but, gulp, pricey. I hope you managed to avoid import duties.

Hope it works well for you.

I had to visit the manufacturers website to figure out what it was!! Looks good but, gulp, pricey. I hope you managed to avoid import duties.

Hope it works well for you.

No, it's all above board and import duties have to be paid - Its German engineering just like a Leica

No, it's all above board and import duties have to be paid - Its German engineering just like a Leica

In avoiding duties sometimes you can be lucky and it's not applied via the UK postal system. Certainly not implying you were up to anything nefarious!

Hoping the German machine works well for you.

Last edited:
In avoiding duties sometimes you can be lucky and it's not applied via the UK postal system. Certainly not implying you were up to anything nefarious!

Hoping the German machine works well for you.

It's sent via Ups and they require the sender to submit paperwork before item.is shipped so no chance of avoiding customs.

Where can I get 3 bath E6 from, do you know of a supplier?
Cinestill?

The processor also allows pauses to replenish chemistry if you want a genuine 6 bath.

I only do negative now as I prefer the look of Portra/Ektar/XP2

HTH

I changed from the JOBO as after my stroke my right hand isn't steady enough to pour the chemistry into the drum during the processing without a large quantity of it decorating the kitchen & floor, automating all this really helps and allows me to continue processing at home.

First results today, it was brill watching it (yes I'm sad!!)

Image 1 Roll 1: (Leica MP/ Summicron 35mm & XP2 Super, Home Developed & Scanned)

IMG64 copy by Fraser White, on Flickr

Yes, the machine is expensive but IMO offers far better value than a new Pentax film camera, it's the price of a good digital camera at the end of the day but the look & build quality is stunning IMO

Last edited:
Cinestill?

The processor also allows pauses to replenish chemistry if you want a genuine 6 bath.

I only do negative now as I prefer the look of Portra/Ektar/XP2

HTH

I changed from the JOBO as after my stroke my right hand isn't steady enough to pour the chemistry into the drum during the processing without a large quantity of it decorating the kitchen & floor, automating all this really helps and allows me to continue processing at home.

First results today, it was brill watching it (yes I'm sad!!)

Image 1 Roll 1: (Leica MP/Summicron 35mm & XP2 Super, Home Developed & Scanned)

IMG64 copy by Fraser White, on Flickr

Yes, the machine is expensive but IMO offers far better value than a new Pentax film camera, it's the price of a good digital camera at the end of the day but the look & build quality is stunning IMO
That is a lovely clean neg/scan. Well done. (y)

New toy.

Turned down ali round bar, drilled and taped at 3/8” unc (had to buy the taps so got a new tool day out of it too!), bit of threaded bar inserted.

Who can guess what it does? Thread size might be a bit of a give away.

Attachments

• IMG_0133.jpeg
    IMG_0133.jpeg
    48.6 KB · Views: 9
If it weren't for the thickness of the unthreaded part, I would have guessed an insert for a walking stick to make a monopod.

Back