OFFICIAL I HAVE A NEW (FILM RELATED) TOY THREAD!!

With a reversing ring it would be a great buy for macro!

Another Hanimex like mine no bids @ £1.99, probably Fuji mount...someone might get the camera cheap as well?
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130425747300&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Looking at my shots taken with it, and it's weakness is WO, but I was also testing grainy Agfa Vista at the same time... with the lens stopped down it was quite good but might be better with a different film?

... and allowing for the delay because of the holiday, here is the grip that arrived today alongside the 7D, looking a rather nice pair I think :naughty:

dynaxes.jpg

Mmmm nice.....and Muffins to Celebrate with too (y)

Yay I can join in:

Pentax.jpg

Pentax Spotmatic F with case and manual (one little ding on base of camera), Super Takumar 35mm f3.5 (sticky blades, needs a clean) and 50mm f1.4 (slightly yellow rear element), S-M-C 135mm f3.5 with skylight filter and hood (all mint). Just put my first roll of film through (Kodak BW400) and found my local Tesco don't process film anymore :(

All feels very nice and solid to use.

Yay I can join in:

Pentax.jpg

Pentax Spotmatic F with case and manual (one little ding on base of camera), Super Takumar 35mm f3.5 (sticky blades, needs a clean) and 50mm f1.4 (slightly yellow rear element), S-M-C 135mm f3.5 with skylight filter and hood (all mint). Just put my first roll of film through (Kodak BW400) and found my local Tesco don't process film anymore :(

Nice kit. The 35mm 3.5 is a razor when working properly. If you can't get it up to scratch then go for a 28mm f3.5 it will be your walk about lens, I promise you.

What battery are you using in your SP F?

Nice kit. The 35mm 3.5 is a razor when working properly. If you can't get it up to scratch then go for a 28mm f3.5 it will be your walk about lens, I promise you.

What battery are you using in your SP F?

The 35mm is nice but the iris blades are slow, I'll strip it down and give them a good clean see if that helps.

I have my eye on a couple of SMC 28mm lenses as a possible replacement, the open aperture metering is very nice and the 35mm lens is not compatable with it.

I'm using a 1.55v silver oxide and the metering seems to match my canon 20d fine, I may look at altering the electrics inside to run 'properly' off a 1.55 cell instead of the 1.35 mercury it originally had.

4953348733_e0a3d55111_z.jpg

the postman was nice today ! :naughty:

+ a minolta bag. I'm over the moon :)

although I must admit - I now have too many minolta slr's :)

what's there -

minolta "mini beercan" 35-70mm f4 macro
minolta 35-70mm f3.5-4.5
minolta 500si dead AF, but I have another 500si coming (oops ! won the auction :) )
minolta 7000 with a databack
and Tokina 70-210mm f4-5.6 with dead AF

Been enjoying the film forum for some time and have started using film again and forgot how much I love it.
I owned one of these over 30 years ago and sold it to buy a Yashica FR1 (which I still have and use) found this on the bay and had to have it,only £16.00 :)

Zenith EM by paul139, on Flickr

:love:

Ok, I'm hoping some of you can point me in the right direction, seeing as my only flirtation with film has been with a disposable camera.

I'm looking to get a film camera, I assume that with certain Nikon bodies I'll be able to use my 50 and 24-70, or have I got that wrong? It'll only be for occasional use, so I don't want to go overboard on cost, but any recommendations as to what sort of bodies to look out for would be appreciated.

Someone was giving away a Nikon F6 on Freecycle a while ago, but I missed out :thumbsdown:

whoooottt ???? a free F6 ? can't be true ! :O

well, it simple - all your FF lenses will work with film if the film body is the new type. old have the same mount but you loose af etc. probably somebody can explain it more clearer as I'm not a Nikon guy any more.

whoooottt ???? a free F6 ? can't be true ! :O

well, it simple - all your FF lenses will work with film if the film body is the new type. old have the same mount but you loose af etc. probably somebody can explain it more clearer as I'm not a Nikon guy any more.

I didn't pay it too much attention until I found out it had gone, then decided to look them up on eBay. Was a real :eek: moment.

Yay I can join in:

Pentax.jpg

Nice find, the 50mm f1.4's are very popular on ebay as many use them on their DSLR's :D

I didn't pay it too much attention until I found out it had gone, then decided to look them up on eBay. Was a real :eek: moment.

Well, the EM in the classified will do you OK - no af as mentioned but as long as your lenses have an aperture ring you'll be good to go.

koni-1.jpg

Now I know why I love Konica optics so much!(y)

... For the sake of updating then - this arrived today :D

Koni_II.jpg

So I got the first one already, this is the II - and the III is on the way from the US...
banana.gif

And today ladies and gentlemen, I give you...

the III,

koniIII.jpg

which means the set is now complete with the first one, the II and the III, all first editions :D

koni-set.jpg

Optics are Hexanon... 'nuff said. Yes, shot some bw through the first one, excellent both sharp and crisp... up to that point it was the best RF I had used - since then I've shot with the Hexar though. Not had a chance yet with the other two but will do very soon.

Average price? About £150 each...

Last edited:
there is a minolta prod 20's edition at starting price 70quid. but a quick read says that a normal price is 100dollars. there are 2 for for bin price of ~240 quid.
but - God ! it's such a looker !!!!! :)

Hi Bill,

Battery wise I got one of these:

http://www.paulbg.com/px625uk.html

and a pack of hearing aid batteries of the Bay. Meter is perfect with Nikon D and Gossen.

Hope this helps

Yeah seen them, I'm happy with a 1.55v silver oxide, the electrics should be happy with either.

Nice find, the 50mm f1.4's are very popular on ebay as many use them on their DSLR's :D

That is kinda how this all started, I bought a couple of M42 lenses to use on my Canon 20D :)

As there are so many classic cameras on show I thought I'd lower the tone. Consumer plastic from the 90s: more tricks than a monkey's got fleas, auto focus, kit lenses, light as a feather and a lotta camera for small change.
Bzzz..slap..zeep

001-20.jpg

002-11.jpg

that nikon is a killer combo, the lens is very good !!
I have the minolta , like the design but never have tried out that lens. don't like the slow AF but every entry level slr has it :(

Must confess I haven't put a film through the Minolta yet :confused: but the Nikon has had a few in and it's a belter, sharp and quick. After carrying an F2 and Nikkormats around the F60 feels like a compact.

I have but haven't developed it yet ! :D
I must say - I love light cameras :) . I have loads of compacts coming, I hope they are good and fast.

just got my rollei prego 70... mmm.... lovely little compact.

Just curious, who actually made these Rollei? Was it a japanese/chinese/thai company who owned the brandname at that point in time? The original Rollei company was bankrupted and sold off long before these were made, no?

can't find any - made in &&&&& . just germany and Rollei fototehnik germany etc. I've loaded it with film, so after i take it out will have a look. or when the other one arrives ! :D

Nice - but the Prego Micron model is even nicer :LOL:

Ah, interesting. The company was sold off to a british company in early 70s; and then the germans bought it back in early 90s.

there is a minolta prod 20's edition at starting price 70quid. but a quick read says that a normal price is 100dollars. there are 2 for for bin price of ~240 quid.
but - God ! it's such a looker !!!!! :)

I hate you :bonk:

I hate you :bonk:
'

what?? :D .. I didn't go for it obviously I just found that there is an auction. my lens buyer pulled off so couldn't make a bid on it :)

It's only your fault that you only read this post now and couldn't get it, if that's what your aiming at ! :p

I just bought one... I *had* managed to forget this particular model while I concentrated on the first three Konishiroku babies - but then you dragged it kicking and screaming to the front of my list...

100% true. One of the best photographers I ever knew used a Fujica 605 and another a Ricoh KR10.

used or is still using ? :thinking: . anyway - I'll start super low budget shooting. One friend wants to do photoshoot, but she doesn't know what's coming :LOL:

I just bought one... I *had* managed to forget this particular model while I concentrated on the first three Konishiroku babies - but then you dragged it kicking and screaming to the front of my list...

nice !!! :LOL: . p.s. have you ever had TC-1 ?

Nah - tinsy bit too modern for me (and too pricey as well). Nice though, and the epitome of compact cameras imo.

yup ! as I'm a street shooter I bet that's one of the best options :)
but that price ! :puke: . fell of the chair when I saw it .

used or is still using ? :thinking: . anyway - I'll start super low budget shooting.

Good question. We're going back a few years but the Fujica owner upgraded to a Canon A-1 which he never liked because it was too complicated and he drifted away from photography. The Ricoh guy I lost touch with but he had a fantastic eye for a shot. The point is neither were effected detrimentally by the budget cameras they used.

Being objective with my own stuff down the years the images taken on a Chinon CX I started out with were no worse than the OM1 I moved onto. The photos that came from a Nikon 301 were rather better than the Nikon F because I was shooting more film with it. So all in all it's difficult not to conclude that the quality of the images has damn all to do with the camera.

***We're going back a few years but the Fujica owner upgraded to a Canon A-1 which he never liked because it was too complicated***

LOL In the UK I find a manual camera is a PITA..sun/cloud sun/cloud, children running from shade to sun light, and so on.....gimme the semi autos any day.

Back