OFFICIAL I HAVE A NEW (FILM RELATED) TOY THREAD!!

"Packed out"... as in usual "watch" cell battery and tinfoil? :LOL:

*and* used film mind... gotta be used film - or at least a cornflake box top - or John Noakes'll never forgive us :LOL:

*confused* :p

Blue Peter...
shakehead.gif

:LOL: sorry :)

So what would you suggest for this camera battery? Also like the others?

Bry

Err - you gone into Yoda mode?

Yes - Running a shop at the same time as talking on here has never been a smooth operation :LOL:

So.. :p For the Sensoret, what would be standard procedure if I didn't want to use one of those adapters e.g "Pack it out"?

Also do you think the other cameras are ok? Not bad for £25 all in including lenses?

Bry

Usual packing procedure is to make a little "tube" of used film / cornflake box with outer diameter if the "proper" battery, internal diameter the hearing aid cell diameter and height of a little less than the proper battery height. Fit this into the battery holder of the camera, add the replacement cell, and fill the extra height needed with a little crumpled silver foil. If it's been a particularly flat profile battery, I've used a length of insulated wire instead of the "tube" - just to fill the gap and stop the battery moving around. It's common sense really, and when you look in the battery holder, something usually suggests itself. :shrug:

Alternatively, google suggests this as a replacement for the PX640

Oh - and FWIW, I reckon you're onto a winner with the other 2 as well - ME supers with a lens seem to be clearing between £20-30 on fleabay, as do the ME-F's :)

Last edited:
Mine too - which is why I have no idea what they do :D

Bryan - what BY said.

Last edited:
Mine too - which is why I have no idea what they do :D

there is that button which when pressed makes some noise and witchcraft happens and then some noise and then, and then. then when you push the button many times you have to take it to the photo lab to get it repaired for the next round of button pressings :wacky: :LOL:

The buttons tell the pixies to get to work... and the knobs tell them which glasses to wear. The manual is somewhere for them to sit when they have a ciggie break :D

The buttons tell the pixies to get to work... and the knobs tell them which glasses to wear. The manual is somewhere for them to sit when they have a ciggie break :D

Does this mean that you've got a salamander in the flash-gun as well ?

Yeah - but she's only part-time :LOL:

edit after next three posts... hmm, 3000 eh? Better be a goodie :D

Last edited:
Back to topic... Just bought a Spotmatic F in great condition. Although the battery was fine, I managed to get another from Maplins. I had to recalibrate the meter through the little hole in the top cover. Works fine. SMC Takumar f1.8 55mm lens is a dream.

4977931906_bdbeceb8c6_m.jpg

Here for some pix.

Last edited:
Back to topic... Just bought a Spotmatic F in great condition. Although the battery was fine, I managed to get another from Maplins. I had to recalibrate the meter through the little hole in the top cover. Works fine. SMC Takumar f1.8 55mm lens is a dream.

4977931906_bdbeceb8c6_m.jpg

Here for some pix.

I've got an SP1000 - nice cameras in their day.

Never been a Pentax person but black Spotmatics definitely have something about them, a certain functional loveliness that transports me back to the 70s when I was a spotty youth with his nose pressed against the camera shop window. Unfortunately my aim to buy every extant Nikkormat and pre-AI lens prohibits such diversions. Still a v. nice camera mate.

On the broader topic I wouldn't faff about with mercury battery replacements. Get a hand held light meter and buy all the dogs who've meters have died, cheapo.

... good idea on the light meter usually *but* - the Sensoret will not work without a battery...

... good idea on the light meter usually *but* - the Sensoret will not work without a battery...
Angels cry in heaven every time an LCD dies. Camera that don't work at a 1/60th without juice are a sin. I shall wind some shutters on an FT and pray for their souls.

F YEAH ! got my 700si + 50mm today !

+ thank God I didn't win an old voigty just for the sake of it. I shall return to the germany some day.

oh ! and a scanner .. but as I don't have scsi card I will set it up some other day.

Two cameras and two films for $10? All hail Vivitar, saviours of film.

Stop it John, just stop it.

I've stopped....apart from a 150 or a 135 to fill the gap between 75 and 250, that's it....its over....avanti.
Need to stop buying stuff and start shooting it before it falls to bits:D

deeeeaaaammmm !!!! I only have aps film camera ! :( I wish to upgrade to full frame vivitar some day ! :(

How come I have sent you free of charge 35mm film that cost me £1.17p in postage as well, if you only have an APS camera:shake::nono::bang:

Sometimes the nuances of humour don't translate well across language differences.

I think I understand the joke Starastin was making...

He was talking about a mythical APS user that longed to upgrade to the Vivitar 35mm camera one day....

Or maybe he was just taking you for a ride MG? :naughty: <- see how that joke could be misinterpreted? :)

-Rob

the vivitar 35mm camera is a joke itself, so everything written about it is :LOL:
just watch the commercial ! :D

there was no problem for me to pay for it, I just wanted to test one roll out :)

lost in translation per se ! :D

Starastin's got loads of 35mm cameras, he's as bad as that Arthur bloke for collecting crap.....

:D:D:D:D:D...............just so there's no misunderstanding :D

Well that is very good to know. Feel much better now.:)(y)

Starastin's got loads of 35mm cameras, he's as bad as that Arthur bloke for collecting crap.....

:D:D:D:D:D...............just so there's no misunderstanding :D

Dunno what you mean :D only got a couple this week... Konipak 100 and a rather nice LT Zoom (which, along with the LT-1 are the only cameras from Olympus I'd even look at let alone through (mind you the later Pens are quite nice but still not really my thing))

Arthur

Back