Olympus OM-D E-M5, E-M1, E-M10 - Mk1, Mk2 & Mk3 Owners Thread

The 12-100 may make the smaller EM5 Mk2 a little front heavy compared to the 12-40.

I have the 12-40 and it's superb.

Support the lens with one hand under it the good old fashioned way

The 12-100 may make the smaller EM5 Mk2 a little front heavy compared to the 12-40.

Yep agreed, was well suited to my EM1 Mk1 when I had them paired. Never had an EM5 I have to admit so you are likely right.

In between, of course, is the 12-45mm f4 which is small, light, optically excellent and relatively cheap.
Personally, I'd go for the 12-100mm (and did).

Thanks for the replies, the12-100 is a temptation but its a heavy beast compared to the 12-40 ,which i think I may go for, time will tell if I'm right or not.

Out of stock at the moment. How much did you pay for yours?
They had a load being packed for shipping when i was chatting to the them, flying off the shelves. I got it for £80.99 after a discount for signing up to the newsletter.
Are you sure they are out of stock as looks like still in stock https://www.3leggedthing.com/uk/ollie-qd-dedicated-lbracket-for-om-system-om1-om1mkii.html you may be looking at the non QD older version? I don't think they are going to make any more of them

They had a load being packed for shipping when i was chatting to the them, flying off the shelves. I got it for £80.99 after a discount for signing up to the newsletter.
Are you sure they are out of stock as looks like still in stock https://www.3leggedthing.com/uk/ollie-qd-dedicated-lbracket-for-om-system-om1-om1mkii.html you may be looking at the non QD older version? I don't think they are going to make any more of them

Yes, you're right. It looks like a quality bit of kit.

Last edited:
Am I right in thinking that the OM5 has internals more like the older e-m1 111 than like the newer OM1 ?

You have to subtract 35% to get the actual price, sorry if I didn't make that clear. . I bought a refurb OM5 body for £616.
Blimey shame this is not valid anymore, I am looking at an OM5 + 12-45, with that code it would have been £877.
Trying to decide if I should give Cotswold a try, £950 with them

I think it is a step up from the EM5 Mk 3, but not a huge one. A smaller sensor than the OM1 series. I upgraded from the EM5 mk2.
I'm sure the sensor is the same size, no?

I think the internals of the om5 are near enough the same as e-m1 mark iii. Which means it's a very, very capable camera. I miss my e-m1 mark iii :(

I'm sure the sensor is the same size, no?

I think the internals of the om5 are near enough the same as e-m1 mark iii. Which means it's a very, very capable camera. I miss my e-m1 mark iii :(
Yeah I miss my mk3 as well. I think I will try and pick up an OM5

Love the shot especially as I don't have the patience for these types of shots, one thing though is it not a damselfly as opposed to dragonfly?
Yes its classed as a damselfly but we are heading to using the term dragonfly to cover all odonata so went with that. Its a grey area tbh . But i didnt want to use odonata and it wouldnt have made sense me saying another damselfly as ive recently posted dragonfly dragonfly photos

Yes its classed as a damselfly but we are heading to using the term dragonfly to cover all odonata so went with that. Its a grey area tbh . But i didnt want to use odonata and it wouldnt have made sense me saying another damselfly as ive recently posted dragonfly dragonfly photos
And there was me thinking it was a Beautiful Demoiselle :LOL::exit:

Seriously, another fantastic shot. Is it focus stacked? Can you share settings? I haven't taken any dragonfly shots for a while but it is always a challenge to get the right amount of depth of field.

And there was me thinking it was a Beautiful Demoiselle :LOL::exit:

Seriously, another fantastic shot. Is it focus stacked? Can you share settings? I haven't taken any dragonfly shots for a while but it is always a challenge to get the right amount of depth of field.
That one was 1 shot at f8.0. 1/640 second with the 300mm . Yeah the dof is tricky. Especially if we don’t get exactly perpendicular.

After being advised on here about the olympus om d e m1 mark ii grip pealing, I return that one I got and now looking for the mk3.

A used one from different companies very from well used to like new. Who can I trust to be the most honest with their grading?

Bought this lens Olympus 40-150 R from MPB when I bought the EM5, the cheapest lens in MFT thinking it would get me acquainted with the camera, not expecting much, until I came across these just hoping the 12/40 PRO performs as well.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x__U12tgohY&t=64s
I have just bought one from CEX for £70, looks brand new.
I have had 3 Olympus mirrorless cameras now and the first extra lens I always buy is this one. This is a crop from this lens on a mark 1 e-10 in low light.
Bang for buck it’s got to be one of the best lenses

View: https://flic.kr/p/2o31Euu

After being advised on here about the olympus om d e m1 mark ii grip pealing, I return that one I got and now looking for the mk3.

A used one from different companies very from well used to like new. Who can I trust to be the most honest with their grading?
LCE …. SRS Microsystems. The mkiii is a super camera

Back