Olympus OM-D E-M5, E-M1, E-M10 - Mk1, Mk2 & Mk3 Owners Thread

I got a new to me (used camera from LCE and lens from eBay) mk3 and macro lens.
I’ve upgraded from the em10 mk2 and the 30mm macro lens. First impression on both are (y):cool:

I didn’t need to, this was totally a want lol. I can’t fish anymore so sold all that gear and upgraded my Olympus

Which lens?

I’m just leaning about in the built focus stacking :cool:
Remember that with stacking focus on the mid way point of the subject as the focus starts there then moves forward and then back again to cover the whole subject.. … weird but it works well and the finished file will be smaller than the rest with a box round it

Remember that with stacking focus on the mid way point of the subject as the focus starts there then moves forward and then back again to cover the whole subject.. … weird but it works well and the finished file will be smaller than the rest with a box round it
Interesting way to do it!

I got a new to me (used camera from LCE and lens from eBay) mk3 and macro lens.
I’ve upgraded from the em10 mk2 and the 30mm macro lens. First impression on both are (y):cool:

I didn’t need to, this was totally a want lol. I can’t fish anymore so sold all that gear and upgraded my Olympus
I have this set up and I really love my MK3 that little 60mm is a cracking lens and amazingly sharp
I have currently the 12-45 f4 pro (beautiful photos from that) the 75-300 lens and the beautiful 45mm f1.8 and 17mm 1.8 very sharp lenses too.
As you can see my general way is to keep the system as small as possible

I have this set up and I really love my MK3 that little 60mm is a cracking lens and amazingly sharp
I have currently the 12-45 f4 pro (beautiful photos from that) the 75-300 lens and the beautiful 45mm f1.8 and 17mm 1.8 very sharp lenses too.
As you can see my general way is to keep the system as small as possible
I have all my lenses from my em10 mk2 so don’t really need to add anything. I have got the 30mm macro lens but have heard so many good things about the 60mm I thought I would upgrade to that while upgrading the camera (the Olympus 45mm was my favourite lens on the em10. It was the perfect size for the smaller camera)

I bought the OM5 as my Fuji X-E1 is a bit long in the tooth technology wise, still takes great pictures, but AF is a little slow, rear screen a bit small and file transfer more awkward as no wifi.

The OM5 gives me a bit more oomph when required. Currently got the 12-45/4 and 40-150/4-5.6, will probably add the 75-300 at sometime and probably a prime with a wider aperture as well ( but already covered with that on the Fuji right now )

I bought the OM5 as my Fuji X-E1 is a bit long in the tooth technology wise, still takes great pictures, but AF is a little slow, rear screen a bit small and file transfer more awkward as no wifi.

The OM5 gives me a bit more oomph when required. Currently got the 12-45/4 and 40-150/4-5.6, will probably add the 75-300 at sometime and probably a prime with a wider aperture as well ( but already covered with that on the Fuji right now )
You can have the 75-300 I bought from you back for the same amount I bought it from you if you like(with a free lens hood I added).

Same condition as when you sold it.

Let me know & I'll put a classified up.

I want to put the money to a 100-400.

Terry.

You can have the 75-300 I bought from you back for the same amount I bought it from you if you like(with a free lens hood I added).

Same condition as when you sold it.

Let me know & I'll put a classified up.

I want to put the money to a 100-400.

Terry.
Thanks Terry. I will bear that in mind.

That's in camera stacking.
The focus bracketing starts at tge front and works through the subject.

That's in camera stacking.
The focus bracketing starts at tge front and works through the subject.
Weird how it works differently for both modes .confusing for newbies

What a fantastic photo.

On the em1 mk3 what iso would you go up to before it’s not good?
On the mkiii 6400 iso is max limit ,but still wouldn’t produce shots as good as this .. totally different sensor technology

On the mkiii 6400 iso is max limit ,but still wouldn’t produce shots as good as this .. totally different sensor technology
Was your beautiful Kingfisher shot in raw or jpeg and did you do (even a default setting) noise reduction in post processing :thinking: If so what software?

Was your beautiful Kingfisher shot in raw or jpeg and did you do (even a default setting) noise reduction in post processing :thinking: If so what software?
RAW lightroom n/r applied followed inadvertently by topaz . it wasn't needed topaz but just getting over covid so my head needed a wobble

RAW lightroom n/r applied followed inadvertently by topaz . it wasn't needed topaz but just getting over covid so my head needed a wobble
Looks like LR NR has come on leaps & bounds (ignoring anything that Topaz might have added to the recipe) since the days of LR6 :LOL:

PS I hope you GWS and can get back out there photographing your local wildlife again soon
PPS I have had an invite from the GP to get this years Flu & Covid jabs

Last edited:
Yea not totally sure if this was Covid , could have been flu but it knocked me back for a week and a bit . First time out this morning for a kingfisher session

Back