Pic(s) you took today - an open thread

Very random but I do some target shooting with Airguns , I normally only use low power guns in the back garden but was curios to see how much damage a higher power gun would do to the corks I use as targets ( I have a large supply of them but don't drink wine) I normally shoot them end on.

.22 flat head pellet 15 yards at 10 foot pound energy from a restored rusty broken gun ( Westlake B2 from the 1980's) that had been left in someones shed. The cork was free standing so a lot of energy just pushed it away !

Pellet in

IN.JPG

OUT.JPG

Not my type of shots - River Itchen through our village

One at 35mm and one at 28mm - two different 24mp sensors - Leica Q, (28mm f/1.7) v Leica M240 with 35mm f/2.4 - Summilux v Summarit!

f/8 so shutter speed was down to 1/60th - a lot of shadows recovered in LR

(expose to the right was the convention? - but I keep blowing the whites so generally I'm going to use minus 1 stop this "summer) - the SKY keep beating me up - I need more practice - I can see the "haze" in the images but not when I'm taking the shots

TP_River_Colour.jpg

TP_River_Colour_2.jpg

Last edited:
I really like the "framed" people shots mate.
Yeah I was really pleased with how they came out, the runner hit a patch of light in the shadowed walkway and Natalie stepped out into the frame. Funny how some of our most enjoyable shots are part down to good fortune. That's a very cool balloon in your post.

Scratting for coal

I went down to our local Brook to collect some coal ( there is a coal seem which comes out in the Brook which is submerged when the Brook is up and then it gets deposited along a mile or so stretch) I had thought I'd get a bucket full but ended up doing 9 trips to the car ( there is still plenty more) here are just 3 buckets worth which I emptied into old sacks once I had got them into the garden. So it turned out to be a successful dog walk and coal hunting expedition.

COAL.JPG

One of the slabs of coal with my foot for scale

COAL2.jpg

Last edited:
Scratting for coal

I went down to our local Brook to collect some coal ( there is a coal seem which comes out in the Brook which is submerged when the Brook is up and then it gets deposited along a mile or so stretch) I had thought I'd get a bucket full but ended up doing 9 trips to the car ( there is still plenty more) here are just 3 buckets worth which I emptied into old sacks once I had got them into the garden. So it turned out to be a successful dog walk and coal hunting expedition.

View attachment 426796

One of the slabs of coal with my foot for scale

View attachment 426804

Put the coal in a random pile in the centre of your living room and then it will be classed as "art"

I couldn't work it out. It's definitely electronic so a tracker was my guess.
I'm fairly sure it is RFID, which can track its activity, ie by determining when and how long it visits feed, which gates and doors it goes through etc.
Very useful for spotting unusual/abnormal behaviour and getting early warning of a possible problem.

I'm fairly sure it is RFID, which can track its activity, ie by determining when and how long it visits feed, which gates and doors it goes through etc.
Very useful for spotting unusual/abnormal behaviour and getting early warning of a possible problem.

Makes sense. Not snazzy enough to be Bovine Bling for their crew.

P1112390.jpg

Last edited:
Jealous now, all I get in my garden 99% of the time are bloody pigeons and starlings lol.

Hi, up to 2 weeks ago, only great tits and doves came. Now there is more variety, but I do not know why. It depends on what the neighbours feed, I suppose ...

A short stop on the way home today. The line of trees had lots of thorny bushes and nettles around the base, and dotted all around them were a multitude of funnel like dense spider webs, each with the owner waiting patiently for an unlucky little critter to make a fatal mistake.
Would like to pop back with a better lens.
0001 24 06 24.jpg
0004 24 06 24.jpg
0002 24 06 24.jpg
0005 24 06 24.jpg

Back