Pic(s) you took today - an open thread

This mornings activities ! I have decided to start home brewing again after many years, It is a full grain mash/boil strong ale. The first one was no expense brew using the pots and pans I have to hand and the fermenting pot is a 5kg Protein powder tub with a hole drilled in the top to take the water trap. Mrs Badger hated me taking over the kitchen which was an added bonus for me .

ALE.JPG

This helper was busy doing nothing despite the Chaos

DOG.JPG

Hi, I went to Mainz/D, not knowing what was being celebrated (SONY A7R2 - FE 1,8/35) ... :

DSC03916-a7r2-4-c.jpg

The market :

DSC03917-a7r2-4.jpg

DSC03923-a7r2-4.jpg

DSC03935-a7r2-4.jpg

DSC03921-a7r2-4.jpg

Dom Cafe :

DSC03934-a7r2-4.jpg

Kir Royal, Cointreau Cream Cake, Hot Chocolate (with cream) for me :

DSC03929-a7r2-4.jpg

Before driving home, I lit two candles for my deceased parents in St.Quintin's :

DSC03949-a7r2-4.jpg

a couple from this morning in Winchester

TP_MG_mag.jpg

TP_Queen_Vic_2.jpg

Last edited:
Been fishing today and called in at a small town called Jarnac to pick up something for lunch. Jarnac is in the Cognac Region and the Courvoisier Distillery is the most prominent building in town.

Courvoisier Front LSF.jpg

Behind the main building is an old derelict warehouse built in 1901 where barrels of 'Eau de Vin' or distilled grape juice was stored to mature in oak barrels to become Cognac. Some of the distilled alcohol evaporates from the barrels, what is known as 'The Angel's Share' and as it escapes the building it causes blackening of the stonework around and above the windows and doors. God knows what it did to the lungs of the workers over time. .

Courvoisier Warehouse Reflection LSF.jpg

Edited as the original photos were too dark.

Last edited:
Three more from yesterday's fishing trip. I was bored as there was nothing doing.

Wizard & JW Aerial LSF.jpg

Wizard LSF.jpg

Floats 1 LSF.jpg

That's some fine old tackle you have there mate, Chris Yates would approve !

Thank you :)

I have lots more including a matching rod and reel that would have been made before Chris Yates' father was born.

An eclectic mix from today's dog walk with the Lumix S1 & 24-105 lens....

View of the River Vienne from the island....

Chaillac Upstream River View.jpg

The sluice gear of the island's water wheel converted to IR in Silkypix........

Sluice Gear.jpg

On the way home I stopped off at a forest where there is supposed to be a collapsed dolmen. I have been looking for it for ages. Today I stumbled on it deep in the forest, away from any paths and covered in brambles......

Dolmen d'Etagnac 2.jpg

Dolmen d'Etagnac 4.jpg

Back