Picked up my new camera today....a GF1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks rich :)

Looking forward to the magazine cover pic.

BTW I just got a Crumpler Jimmy Bo 200 and it seems a pretty good fit for the GF1 and 20mm - room for a few other bits as well but fairly compact and nice quality. Will try and get a pic of it in there.

Thanks rich :)

Looking forward to the magazine cover pic.

BTW I just got a Crumpler Jimmy Bo 200 and it seems a pretty good fit for the GF1 and 20mm - room for a few other bits as well but fairly compact and nice quality. Will try and get a pic of it in there.

Just ordered one from Amazon £15 + carriage..looks good to me .

This camera does impress (y)

4316036708_7028f9f5f9.jpg

4316035910_0f27294cf3.jpg

4315298371_37c6ddcee0.jpg

4316035636_223b2912d5.jpg

The key point here - is that for the last month or so my 7D has been gathering dust - I last used it at Xmas for pictures of the fogeys etc.

I actually got off my backside and ventured out today and last night with the GF1 (y)(y)

My FLICKR set is here

Last edited:
bl0at3r you said above you reduced the review time to 1s.

Is it possible to have no review time so when in continous/burst drive mode the image on the LCD keeps up with what is actually happening? - because in some reviews I have read you only see the result of the first shot and then you are just guessing where the camera is pointing.

Thanks. B1rty

Well done mate nice pics....I recognise the area too...

Dine in the Arches Cafes when we get down there

bl0at3r you said above you reduced the review time to 1s.

Is it possible to have no review time so when in continous/burst drive mode the image on the LCD keeps up with what is actually happening? - because in some reviews I have read you only see the result of the first shot and then you are just guessing where the camera is pointing.

Thanks. B1rty

Hey B1rty - Yes you can turn it off completely, which will definitely help with the slight lag in burst mode - however it will never be as good as an optical viewfinder like on a DLSR

bl0at3r: Bloody good images there my friend!!! I'll have another good poke round your Flickr (oooh er!) later :D

Well done, they look really good.

Woof woof, Are you and bl0at3r hairdressers? There's a lot of MX5 going on!! :LOL:

Last edited:
another edit:

Andy, I'm a bit of a sports car fan and currently on my 3rd MX5. Previous ones include Lotus Elan SE, Elise, Boxster, SLK and a couple of MG's.

Andy, I'm a bit of a sports car fan and currently on my 3rd MX5. Previous ones include Lotus Elan SE, Elise, Boxster, SLK and a couple of MG's.

I have to own up here as i have had a Mariner Blue 1600 UK spec car and it was one of the best car's i had ever owned!! I loved it!! Great cars!

I usually build my own cars. I'll pop some images up here if you want?

Of course, combining cars and cameras can't be bad!!! I'll look forward to seeing them. :)

Nice pics bl0at3r.

Few more from the last couple of days.

4315007030_49c3a46058.jpg

4317136110_cc1cb1f645.jpg

4317141364_386abdab9b.jpg

4317146678_a2f9f0700e_b.jpg

Struggled slightly with the screen in bright sunlight today. Also using a polarizer without really understanding how to use it. :)

Detail in the panorama is great. Could do with brightening up a tad. Like th eothers also especially the 1st one!

Thanks Andy - will have a bit more of a play in LR :)

Forgot to reply to this.

Does it fit snugly around the gf1 + 20mm ? I am looking for the smallest possible case/bag that this combo will fit in

It's not mega-snug - I reckon you could find something smaller.

I had a little box with a couple of filters in it and one fitted to the camera in there today and it was pretty snug like that.

4316481569_ea320dcab1.jpg

4316478379_d1a081f024.jpg

4317209706_fed73b8545.jpg

Nice pics bl0at3r.

4315007030_49c3a46058.jpg

That looks suspiciously like Lancaster Uni?
I used to work there many many moons ago.

Keep meaning to get a step up ring for rather nice Hoya CPL ive had for about 20 years or more

Just for Woof Woof

The cars i have built!

MK Indy 2.0litre Foer Transit engine g/box, Sierra Running gear.
complete02_lge.jpg

2nd Indy again 2 litre but Car engine this time!
MKINDY-Wallpaper_small.jpg

Mini i restored:
gulf03_400.jpg

Current project:
Rosie133_600pix.JPG

Last job i did was paint the underside:
Painted_Underside03.jpg

My car...

P1000807.jpg

Yay another MX5 ! I reckon that is a newer Mk2? Without the pop-up headlights!

Woof woof, Are you and bl0at3r hairdressers? There's a lot of MX5 going on!! :LOL:

Hehe - I'm the only hairdresser I know with one :razz:

another edit:

I like that, nice job

I'm on my 3rd MX5 too, well the 1st and 2nd were Eunos (Euni?)

Nice pics bl0at3r.

Struggled slightly with the screen in bright sunlight today. Also using a polarizer without really understanding how to use it. :)

I love the ice and the panorama - what did you use to stitch or is that the 16x9 mode in camera?

Detail in the panorama is great. Could do with brightening up a tad. Like th eothers also especially the 1st one!

Agreed

Forgot to reply to this.

It's not mega-snug - I reckon you could find something smaller.

Hmmm, Thanks for posting the pics - I think it's a bit bigger than I wanted. I want something akin to this

51C098eYdtL._SL500_.jpg

Think I will need to stroll into a camera shop/comet/currys with the GF1 and see what fits.

Well, as I figured, if the camera is discreet it'll be taken everywhere..

Some interior flash/lowlight shots - some at higher ISO's

ISO100
4317845289_3be991f430.jpg

ISO400
4318577548_0ed15e3db1.jpg

ISO800
4318577358_e8a4165328.jpg

ISO400
4318577174_2114fcd6a9.jpg

ISO100
4317844699_a0084346cf.jpg

Am so impressed with this camera - blows a compact out of the water, and levels with a low/mid range DSLR too (y)(y)

Great stuff there!!

Only crit would be the 2 images of Chinese food have a strong red hue which could easily be corrected by adjusting the white balance. Apart from that...bloody good mate!

Thanks very much for the feedback folks. Finding it hard to judge exposure on the 'puter as I'm mostly using a laptop and it seems to change massively depending on the exact screen angle. Will have to try and use a proper monitor and calibrate it at some point.

Zoidberg, yup it is indeed Lancaster Uni - I used to work there too.

Here's a couple more.

4318655454_464099f625.jpg

4317937435_faf3e374ba_b.jpg

And an attempt at lightening the panorama from before.

4318663146_54b61bd8c1_b.jpg

Should have said, the panoramas are just crops. I tried to take a few shots from the top to get a panorama, but it was so cold I couldn't feel my hands after a minute or two. :)

Great stuff there!!

Only crit would be the 2 images of Chinese food have a strong red hue which could easily be corrected by adjusting the white balance. Apart from that...bloody good mate!

Thanks Andy

The restaurant was drenched in neons and neither of those shots were taken with flash

Quick Levels adjustment

4318679972_ab859c1d30.jpg

4318680138_c8943beb06.jpg

Thanks very much for the feedback folks.

Here's a couple more.

Should have said, the panoramas are just crops. I tried to take a few shots from the top to get a panorama, but it was so cold I couldn't feel my hands after a minute or two. :)

Superb - love the 1st one with the sun just peeping out

What is wrong with your left mouse button? seems to double click on the 'Submit Reply' button
:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Superb - love the 1st one with the sun just peeping out

What is wrong with your left mouse button? seems to double click on the 'Submit Reply' button
:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

No idea why it keeps happening. :bang:

I like the noodle shot btw.

Well, as I figured, if the camera is discreet it'll be taken everywhere..

Some interior flash/lowlight shots - some at higher ISO's

Am so impressed with this camera - blows a compact out of the water, and levels with a low/mid range DSLR too (y)(y)

Yup, this was the thing that really appealed to me. Can't think of many occasions when I wouldn't be happy to take it with me, and people don't seem to pay much attention to you when you use it.

Grum & bl0at3r

Much better!! Now go get me a beer and some nibbles! :D

Last edited:
A couple from my latest efforts....some cropping been carried out.

Another GF1 sweetie!

Fanx. There's a few more on my Flickr. Just click on the image above.

Nice mountains.

Was nice out on the prom and with it being pretty calm on the bay even though it was a 10.2 meter tide.

4319397442_42016490d9.jpg

Big one here.

Thats january taken care of now for my 365. should get easier with the evenings getting lighter.

Wow great pics everyone. Glenn is that Buchaille Etive Mor in the 4th pic?

Yes it is, taken this afternoon! I wasn't dressed to hike to 'the spot' where everyone goes to take pics, so I made do with the roadside. Taken with the 14-45

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back