The Amazing Sony A1/A7/A9/APS-C & Anything else welcome Mega Thread!

I do feel that my a9 is much better build and buttons and dial feel better thank god that a lock button on the mode

Can’t feel any difference myself, but if people can then people can. Maybe I am just not fondling hard enough oohhhhh errrrr misses.

Then again, I like the 50mm 1.8 so don’t listen to me!

Last edited:
Damm.. I could get it for the following ....

Total price = £1755
- 8% work voucher scheme
- 10% family discount
Total to pay at Curry's = £1453.14

Then get cashback as follows:-
- 15% Top Cash Back (£263.25)
- Sony £150 cash back.
Total cash back value = £413.25

Grand Total following cash back = £1039.89.

Shame I don't wan't or need another body! :(

£1453.14 - VAT = TOPCASHBACK AMOUNT (£174)

Last edited:
Actually scrub everything... you cannot use vouchers or the family discount on online orders! Doh :D

That's what I was going to ask. Unless they did it like a special promo code entry... and then that would've showed as a special discount and cashback wouldn't have paid out.

That's what I was going to ask. Unless they did it like a special promo code entry... and then that would've showed as a special discount and cashback wouldn't have paid out.
Correct... I have had some good discounts from Currys in the past using special codes etc but it seems those days are long gone. :)
Happy with my recent Zeiss 55mm f1.8 purchase, should have kept my previous one! :D

Correct... I have had some good discounts from Currys in the past using special codes etc but it seems those days are long gone. :)
Happy with my recent Zeiss 55mm f1.8 purchase, should have kept my previous one! :D

You can get me one seeing as Im practically family.

Quidco doesn’t always track either. Although I have found top cash back to be more unreliable.

Like with any Cashback scheme it is never guaranteed.

Same with Sony’s own for example lots of people get knocked back because they already used the scheme before 3 times while sometimes others slip through.

ehhh?! Sony only let you claim cash back a limited number of times? That’s no good!

Wow. How many times have you claimed?

What did they say? Can you ever claim again or is that it now?

A maximum of 5 claims can be made by one consumer and only one product/kit per claim.

I claimed two kits last year and they didn't want to pay so screw them, Ill source elsewhere without their cashback.

A maximum of 5 claims can be made by one consumer and only one product/kit per claim.

I claimed two kits last year and they didn't want to pay so screw them, Ill source elsewhere without their cashback.

Is that ever or within one claim period?

That’s BS! I did 3 claims in their last period but for 3 different items, but over the last 3 claim periods I’ve probably done 5.

Cashback can be risky.
Reading above you've quoted that you can only claim cashpack 5 times, is that per year or 5 times in total period? I assume up to that 5 times there's no hassle getting CB?

Reading above you've quoted that you can only claim cashpack 5 times, is that per year or 5 times in total period? I assume up to that 5 times there's no hassle getting CB?

That's correct, unless you want to buy 2 kits as you can only claim 1 kit within 5 orders. Make sense? Otherwise they pay out as long as you provide what they need, very easy.

Two wrongs don't make right.
I love it when people use BS from other manufacturers to justify the BS from the one they shoot. It's all still BS at the end of the day :p

Congrats you now qualify for the fanboi status.

Grow up, theyre all doing it. You pointed out Sony specifically without adding balance.

Last edited:
You mean like Nikons raw tweaking?
What tweaking do Nikon do? Is this the 'tweaking' to make Lightroom add NR or is there something else they're doing?

You pointed out Sony specifically without adding balance.

That's because we are on a Sony thread discussing the BS of Sony which has nothing to with everyone else.
As above just because others have other BS practices doesn't make okay.
Hence no requirement to balance it out. Unless of course you feel the need to justify it :p

That's because we are on a Sony thread discussing the BS of Sony which has nothing to with everyone else.
Hence no requirement to balance it out. Unless of course you feel the need to justify it :p
What is this BS you are referring to? :)

Did I say it was okay or did I say it was BS? Maybe you should look back at my posts.

What tweaking do Nikon do? Is this the 'tweaking' to make Lightroom add NR or is there something else they're doing?
Don't worry mate some folks need to justify the BS on their brand by throwing s*** at other brands. Haven't you been following politics? It's exactly that :p

That's hilarious, why you getting so upset? Says a lot. Planning a move again :ROFLMAO:

Tbh I have been with Sony longest out of most people here.
Yes I am tired of a lot of their BS. I'd love to move but other brands don't seem to like competing :p

Tbh I have been with Sony longest out of most people here.
Yes I am tired of a lot of their BS. I'd love to move but other brands don't seem to like competing :p
lol ermmmm so your indirectly support the Sony BS... off with your head ;) lol.
It's all harmless fun...... I too have been with Sony since the start.... (A7), however I did have a brief affair with the Fuji XT system for about 6 months... it was a fling and I soon came running back to Sony :D lol

lol ermmmm so your indirectly support the Sony BS... off with your head ;) lol.
It's all harmless fun...... I too have been with Sony since the start.... (A7), however I did have a brief affair with the Fuji XT system for about 6 months... it was a fling and I soon came running back to Sony :D lol

Been on Sony since they started with the SLT tech on a-mount.
I'd love to not support their BS but I love EVFs (hence moving to SLT) and no one else is really competitive for me right now.

Aren't you ogling over Nikon these days? :D

Last edited:
Been on Sony since they started with the SLT tech on a-mount.

Aren't you ogling over Nikon these days? :D
Ouch.... SLT... that's way before E-mount... lol. I start off with the Nikon D40 and have good memories of it.
I doubt I will be going Nikon / Fuji just yet as it would be a downgrade.
The motivation to move is purely money, I am ok for now though.

Ouch.... SLT... that's way before E-mount... lol. I start off with the Nikon D40 and have good memories of it.
I doubt I will be going Nikon / Fuji just yet and the drive factor will most likely be releasing money from my Sony gear if I did.... :)
I am an EVF fanboi :D

Back