The Amazing Sony A1/A7/A9/APS-C & Anything else welcome Mega Thread!

Sticky aperture blades? Adapted lenses on the EA5 need to stop down when the shutter is pressed.

To test, does it do it shot wide open?

Also, if the camera is set to not take till focus is locked could be sticky focus, does it do it when set to manual focus?

Sticky aperture blades? Adapted lenses on the EA5 need to stop down when the shutter is pressed.

To test, does it do it shot wide open?

Also, if the camera is set to not take till focus is locked could be sticky focus, does it do it when set to manual focus?
I shall have a go at checking this, as I rarely shoot wide open - thanks. It makes quite a clunky sound when focusing - but so does my 80-200.

So if you shoot wide open you shouldn’t hear the stop down or get delay.

If you MF and shoot stopped down you’ll just hear the stop down and get the delay.

So the combination lets you understand what’s causing it, and let you compare with other lenses.

On many lenses it actually quite easy to get at the aperture blades, or look down the lens (you can slide the little spring lever on the mount end to open/close them). They should look dry and clean.

So if you shoot wide open you shouldn’t hear the stop down or get delay.

If you MF and shoot stopped down you’ll just hear the stop down and get the delay.

So the combination lets you understand what’s causing it, and let you compare with other lenses.

On many lenses it actually quite easy to get at the aperture blades, or look down the lens (you can slide the little spring lever on the mount end to open/close them). They should look dry and clean.
Thanks - is that what the clunking noise is? The stop down?

Back