The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

I've found a few times that when you upload a file it looks like it hasn't worked, but if you reload the page the receipt will be there. Might be worth trying that if you haven't already? I seem to remember that happening on the last two items I registered.

Thanks. Got it to work yesterday, probably more by luck than judgement though!

I thought the security at Canary Wharf were meant to be quick at pouncing on anyone with a "big camera"...

I thought the security at Canary Wharf were meant to be quick at pouncing on anyone with a "big camera"...

I guess my camera isn't big enough :D They were also facing the other way, but I didn't have any problem randomly snapping away in Canary Wharf.

I just realised, I now have 4 Fuji bodies....

First impression

1 - Shutter button is "deep", deeper than other Fuji, Sony or Canon that i've had before.
2 - Needs an eyecup. There simply isn't one. (Ordered one that mounts onto the hotshoe)
3 - It is very small, the height of it is less than the width of my iPhone 14 Pro.

But focusing is miles better than X-T1, I like it can do pre-focus, basically constantly focusing, but i don't think i will do that as it seems like a quick way to kill the battery. Using back button focusing and eye or face detect work well. Love the controls and how fast i can already get around when taking a photo, from moving focus points to exposure compensation.

Overall, impressive little thing, but I think i need a half case or some kind of bottom plate it make it a fraction taller. Can't find one i like for a reasonable price yet.

vfRxTiW.jpg

Last edited:

First impression

1 - Shutter button is "deep", deeper than other Fuji, Sony or Canon that i've had before.
2 - Needs an eyecup. There simply isn't one. (Ordered one that mounts onto the hotshoe)
3 - It is very small, the height of it is less than the width of my iPhone 14 Pro.

But focusing is miles better than X-T1, I like it can do pre-focus, basically constantly focusing, but i don't think i will do that as it seems like a quick way to kill the battery. Using back button focusing and eye or face detect work well. Love the controls and how fast i can already get around when taking a photo, from moving focus points to exposure compensation.

Overall, impressive little thing, but I think i need a half case or some kind of bottom plate it make it a fraction taller. Can't find one i like for a reasonable price yet.

vfRxTiW.jpg
EBay listing. 184884782532

Treated myself to the X-T5 :cool: Any good deals on compatible memory cards currently?
Prime day is coming up soon, so might be worth holding out for a week or so.
Personally I have 2 128gb SanDisk pro's in mine. Don't need super fast cards.

Oh and new firmware is out :)

Prime day is coming up soon, so might be worth holding out for a week or so.
Personally I have 2 128gb SanDisk pro's in mine. Don't need super fast cards.

Oh and new firmware is out :)
Great thanks, yeah I read that the v30 are fine if it's just for photography. I'll use my current card and check out primeday, thanks for the heads up.

I went for years not having issues with Sandisk cards, but from my last 6 cards (all bought from official channels), two of them don't work properly - you can only write about 100 images to each card, then it stops writing images - they worked properly for some time at first. I didn't know if it was the camera (as it was happening on slot 1), the card reader or the card. I elminated the camera through testing (phew!), and bought a new card reader. Even performing a low level format didn't recover the cards capacity - so I've switch to Sony Tough cards - not the super fast ones but the 'M' range

Obviously these are available from resellers at more competitive prices (I bought 128Gb), been very pleased with them so far.

Last edited:
I use Sandisk Extreme 32gb cards in my X-T2s, X-Pro2 and GFX 50Ss never had a problem with them (I don't shoot Video). I always take spare cards for each camrea but I have yet to need them I haven't filled a 32gb card yet and I save RAW=LJPG to both cards. The only time I have changed cards is when I am away from home travelling then I use 1 set of cards per day and back them up to Laptop each evening, if I am running out of cards on a longer trip I will use only one of each pair again so I have the photos still on at least one card and my laptop.

@Craikeybaby How’d it go with the MTB shoot ?
Borrowing the X-H2S I thought I was going to hate the handling, but love the autofocus. It turned out I was wrong...

My initial impression was that the camera was huge, compared to my X-T2, but by the end of the weekend it felt natural in my hand. The PASM interface didn’t annoy me either, but I was shooting in "S" the whole weekend. I didn't try to set up any custom functions.

I was less impressed with the autofocus - single point was better than my X-T2, but not by as much as I was expecting. And the subject detect mode only seemed to work when the rider was in the frame for a longer amount of time e.g. rider #423. If I wanted to catch a rider coming out of a berm, e.g. rider #132 I found that prefocusing was the most reliable option. Again, I did not set up any of the custom autofocus modes.

I am also going to get an X-T5 in to try for another race, but am now also considering keeping my X-T2 and adding a 50-140 lens, rather than getting a new body.

DSCF4050 by Lewis Craik, on Flickr

DSCF5188 by Lewis Craik, on Flickr

DSCF5849 by Lewis Craik, on Flickr

Got my Smallrig base today for the X-S10, very good, camera now not front heavy with a lens on but can't use the vertical plate on the side, it block the screen coming out. Not a biggy as i never mount the camera that way on a tripod.

First impression

vfRxTiW.jpg

Interested to see how you get on with this. I currently have an x-t20 as my “travel / chuck in the car” camera but I miss the articulated screen and ibis from my e-m1 mk2 so I‘m looking at the x-s10 as a relatively low cost upgrade whilst keeping a small body

Interested to see how you get on with this. I currently have an x-t20 as my “travel / chuck in the car” camera but I miss the articulated screen and ibis from my e-m1 mk2 so I‘m looking at the x-s10 as a relatively low cost upgrade whilst keeping a small body

I have a couple of trips coming up so will take it instead of a FF system, first time ever?! Apart from the Canon 30D that i had for a brief period of time, back in like 2005, I went from that to the 5D2 and then every trip i've been on has been on FF.

So going to test out the Fuji system now, there are still things that bugs me, like I can't reset the focus point to center by double clicking the stick. Another thing that both Sony and Fuji doesn't do, Fuji especially with the lack of a rear thumb wheel. Is able to move the focus point with the wheel in 1 direction and the front wheel with another direction.

This way, together with the ability to reset the focus point with the stick to center, I am able to move the focus point with 1 hand without ever looking. So when I am observing around, people watching, i am framing a shot with the camera by my side. All the while I can reset the focus point to dead center and then quickly move the wheels for the focus points to a position on the screen to land at a spot where i will place the subject.

So will be interesting how I get on with just the stick and need to press the Display button to reset the focus point.

Double clicking the focus stick puts the focus box back in the centre - works for me

In the X-T series it does, on the X-S10 it does not. Why they changed this for this camera is weird.

Unless you can change it in the settings which I can't find the option that let me.

9hiF7JW.png

Last edited:
My X100F works as my previous X-T cameras - weird that they changed such a simple system

I know, it does not on the X-S10, which is why I brought it up being weird they changed this. Double click the center stick brings up something else, I forgot what it was now.

I know, it does not on the X-S10, which is why I brought it up being weird they changed this. Double click the center stick brings up something else, I forgot what it was now.
Can you not change it in the menus?

I don't think so. It's not one of the buttons (especially the double click) that you can map.

On the X-T5 it's on a slightly different place. On the settings, go to the "Set Up" menu, then "Button/Dial Setting", then "Focus Lever Setting". I can set mine so that "Push" resets to center.

Maybe it's the same on the X-S10?

Last edited:
Back