The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Just when you thought I’d left X-Trans for good, like a bad penny I’m back :ROFLMAO: Just picked up a time warp X-Pro 1 (less than 500 clicks!!) with mint XF35mm F1.4, mint XF18mm F2 and an original leather half case/full case. All boxed with original paperwork, soft cloths, etc, etc.

Almost seems a shame to use it :ROFLMAO: just need to sort out a diopter.
You are now officially a disciple of @trevorbray he's cloned you well Perceptive San

But to be fair it’s my first X-Pro 1 :) (I might have had the lenses before though :ROFLMAO: )

@trevorbray is about to be on his 3rd Q2 or 2nd Q3, depending when he’s made his mind up :oops: :$
Look can you behave, I really don't have time to keep convincing him to return things that you've told him he needs, it would be far easier if he just burnt £20 notes or sent them to me, RMSD of course :ROFLMAO:

Look can you behave, I really don't have time to keep convincing him to return things that you've told him he needs, it would be far easier if he just burnt £20 notes or sent them to me, RMSD of course :ROFLMAO:
They’re on their way Pete.

PS. Got time to help me put a fire out…

Look I need someone to test the gear before I impart with my ill gotten gains :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Anything for you sugartits

I knew there was a lot more to this ‘relationship’ :love:

Look I need someone to test the gear before I impart with my ill gotten gains :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I knew there was a lot more to this ‘relationship’ :love:
I've had one of his lenses for 2 months, taken 3 shots with it, keep trying to arrange to give it back to him, the way he's avoiding me i'm starting to think it's one that Mrs Bray doesn't know about :ROFLMAO:

I've had one of his lenses for 2 months, taken 3 shots with it, keep trying to arrange to give it back to him, the way he's avoiding me i'm starting to think it's one that Mrs Bray doesn't know about :ROFLMAO:

I’ve arranged the loan of a GF55mm F1.7 for a day in a couple of weeks time, that should put the magpie into full overload :ROFLMAO:

Its a 6 year old camera...
You can always adjust the config file in Lightroom to enable it.

Sorry I should have been more specific - I'm not fussed about Reala Ace, I just want Classic Neg. There's no reason they couldn't have done it, it has the same guts as the XT4.

Sorry I should have been more specific - I'm not fussed about Reala Ace, I just want Classic Neg. There's no reason they couldn't have done it, it has the same guts as the XT4.
Same comment though. You can edit the configs in LR to enable Classic Neg on earlier cameras.
I've added one or two to my XT2 & 3.
(In post obviously).

Same comment though. You can edit the configs in LR to enable Classic Neg on earlier cameras.
I've added one or two to my XT2 & 3.
(In post obviously).

Yep, and I do just that.

It's not the same as having it in camera though, otherwise you could argue why bother adding Reala Ace to the XT5 when you could just do it in post?

Yep, and I do just that.

It's not the same as having it in camera though, otherwise you could argue why bother adding Reala Ace to the XT5 when you could just do it in post?
Well, to be fair, unless you're willing to adjust the configs, you only get the same profiles in LR that you can get on the cameras.
I guess as I shoot in RAW rather than jpg (unless it's motor racing, in which case I'd use my 5D3) I'm not worried about the in camera profiles.

How do you do that please? :)
Navigate to C:\ProgramData\Adobe\CameraRaw\Settings\Adobe\Profiles\Camera\Fujifilm\Fujifilm X-T4\
Find the .xmp file for the profile you want:
1. IMPORTANT: Make a backup of the file
2. Edit it in a decent txt editor (notepad++ does the job)
3. Find the line that says crs:CameraModelRestriction="Fujifilm X-T4"
4. Edit it to crs:CameraModelRestriction=""
5. Save the file (you may have to save as administrator - depending on your security settings)

The profile should now be available in earlier cameras.

I think it was classic chrome and bleach bypass that I amended.

Oddly, I cannot find a reala ace xmp file, so perhaps adobe have gotten wise to this trick.
We'll have to wait for someone on reddit to work out exactly what needs to be changed... :/

Interestingly it seems that it can still be done in Capture 1
But none of my searching has unearthed a hack for LR (yet) that allows the Reala Ace profile to be backdated.
Although I don't use a lot of film sim jpegs in camera I will sometimes choose an appropriate sim in C1. After updating my Xt5 to the new firmware yesterday and shooting with the new firmware there was no Reala Ace to be found in the curve setting in C1. Not sure if C1 needs another update to allow it? The firmware seems to have improved focussing by the way!

Back