The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Looking at the Calumet X-T1 (black) body deal, £879 with an option of; 'buy now-pay later' scheme, no deposit and pay it off up to six months. Anyone else here take up on this deal?

I have used Wex in the past. A lot of companies are offering these type of deals, Wex are currently offering 12 months interest free credit. Are Wex offering more lens options with the credit (if you want a lens), I couldn't see the deals on Calumet?

> http://www.wexphotographic.com/compact-system-cameras-fuji-x-t1/b3189-m84-r4131

Thanks for the link.

It seems as if the Wex deal allows the 16-55mm f2.8 lens as a kit, which isn't showing on Calumet. Otherwise the same camera and lens combos are available. The Wex deal is better if you want 12 months free credit and the 16-55mm lens as a kit deal. Although you can mix the deals up with both suppliers if you desire other lenses. Your after the 10-24 aern't you?, so you could purchase both with more affordable monthly payment through Wex?

Decision decisions, have fun thinking it through:D

Thanks for the link.

It seems as if the Wex deal allows the 16-55mm f2.8 lens as a kit, which isn't showing on Calumet. Otherwise the same camera and lens combos are available. The Wex deal is better if you want 12 months free credit and the 16-55mm lens as a kit deal. Although you can mix the deals up with both suppliers if you desire other lenses. Your after the 10-24 aern't you?, so you could purchase both with more affordable monthly payment through Wex?

Decision decisions, have fun thinking it through:D

I agree very temping :D

Practically 35mm SLR + Vivitar 28mm f2.8 + light meter + Carl Zeiss 50mm

£9, battered down from £12!!!!! He won't split the lens off so had to buy the lot!!!!

Ha ha ha, that's absolute genius [emoji3][emoji3][emoji3][emoji3]

So is this water colour / water paint "issue" resolved in recent firmware or is it a software issue that got fixed in Adobe products? Basically I read about the X Trans sensor in the X-T* series being good for low light and colour and jpegs, but something about RAW processing can smear the colours in landscape scenes, and also that X trans is why the video is poor on these cams. Does this even effect JPEGS at all? Some of the threads I saw on the internet showing the issue don't look good, but not heard many in this thread talking about it?

Practically 35mm SLR + Vivitar 28mm f2.8 + light meter + Carl Zeiss 50mm

£9, battered down from £12!!!!! He won't split the lens off so had to buy the lot!!!!

Some of those Vivitar 28s were very competent. I had the Komine (28 serial) model and it was great :)

So is this water colour / water paint "issue" resolved in recent firmware or is it a software issue that got fixed in Adobe products? Basically I read about the X Trans sensor in the X-T* series being good for low light and colour and jpegs, but something about RAW processing can smear the colours in landscape scenes, and also that X trans is why the video is poor on these cams. Does this even effect JPEGS at all? Some of the threads I saw on the internet showing the issue don't look good, but not heard many in this thread talking about it?

The watercolour issue is an Adobe thing, which I believe they are working on with Fuji. Never noticed it in my shots to be honest. Pixel peepers seem most impacted ;)

Last edited:
Used the Fuji wifi app to send today's shots onto my iPad and then to upload to this forum, haven't had a chance to post process them , and I've had quite a few excellent pints today, so apologies for a rather haphazard selection !

I've got the half case on my XT-1, love it :)

Is it the official one? If yes, does the case have a separate/additional tripod thread in it, or does it have no means of fitting a quick release plate without having to remove the case.?

Sorry it's the gariz half case, it has a tripod thread on it but tbh I've not used it on a tripod. I've got the official fuji full case on my x100t but it doesn't have a tripod thread.

Sorry it's the gariz half case, it has a tripod thread on it but tbh I've not used it on a tripod. I've got the official fuji full case on my x100t but it doesn't have a tripod thread.

Ah, excellent. Seems the Gariz is the same price as the official case, the Gariz looks like it may add some size to the camera body.

It adds a little size but for me it much improves the grip and it looks good.

I wanted to pick up an off camera flash cord to work with my Yongnuo 560III flash.

I understand the Canon OC-E3 cord works, wondering if any other makes work too?

What are the real world usage differences between the two 56mm lenses. I know kne has a special filter to add to the bokeh effect. But other than that are they the same?

I've gotta couple of different oc3 equivalents, they both work fine for the yongnuo flashes. They also work for ttl on the nissin i40.

Why's that then, Dave? I can inderstand it for TTL but not just for a dumb flash? Although it could be me that's dumb.

:D

Simples really, I want to pop the flash on a bracket attached to the camera to take it off camera, but still close to me.

Using the cable rather than the TX unit just seems a more simple option.

Another one with the 18-55. Lovely reflections of the morning sky.

20404242145_a3c5967320_b.jpg

Red Dawn by Rodd1251 on Flickr.

Just follow this link to see and comment on this photo:
https://flic.kr/p/x645jn

Another one with the 18-55. Lovely reflections of the morning sky.

20404242145_a3c5967320_b.jpg

Red Dawn by Rodd1251 on Flickr.

Just follow this link to see and comment on this photo:
https://flic.kr/p/x645jn

That's nice Karl, lovely light, good composition and some great reflections.(y)

George.

Back