The Football Thread - Season 2011/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Evra waving his arms in front of Suarez at the end was much worse than the non hand shake. He can celebrate all he wants in front of his fans but trying to get a reaction from Suarez failed as he completely ignored him.

Totally agree and I'm chuffed that Ferguson chose to say that it was the wrong thing to do. Dalglish should look and learn.

Last edited:
Seriously?!

[YOUTUBE]80Oed8OT4vw[/YOUTUBE]

I honestly don't know how you've seen that :thinking:
optical illusion suarez is clearly holding his hand out to de gea

right Tom, it's that time of the week again. This time we are betting on your choice again, so what's it going to be?

Here are my predictions:

Man Utd v Liverpool - draw
Blackburn v QPR - QPR win
Bolton v Wigan - Wigan win
Everton v Chelsea - Everton win
Fulham v Stoke City - draw
Sunderland v Arsenal - Arsenal win
Swansea v Norwich - Swansea win
Tottenham v Newcastle - Spurs win
Wolves v West Brom - draw
Aston Villa v Man City - draw

ManU - win
Blackburn - draw
Bolton - win
Everton - draw
Fulham - Win
Sunderland - draw
Swansea - win
Tottenham - win
Wolves - win
Aston Villa - lose

Looks like we will go into day 2 with you leading 3-2 on today's results....I think?

Jjm said:
optical illusion suarez is clearly holding his hand out to de gea

Precisely what I thought. Evra raises his hand towards Suarez whilst Suarez's eyes go straight from the boys hand to De Gea and ignores Evra entirely. I'm not sure how it can be seen any other way but then there seems to be a monumental warp in perception by some LFC fans surrounding this whole thing.

So why not go back then ?

I personally wouldn't have shaken Suarez's hand anyway if I was Evra but I can't think of a reason why Suarez shouldn't have shaken Evra's hand.

That's because you are assuming Suarez is definitely guilty. Even though the investigation found him probably guilty. Then its two peoples words against each other there's every chance he wasn't guilty. So having an 8 match ban for not doing what you were accused of would make me not shake his hand either.

Regardless, he obviously can't stand evra so why shake the hand of someone you have no respect for?

This is my first post in this thread and I'm a Liverpool fan but after watching the post match chat on Sky Sports news from the Liverpool dressing room was that Evra pulled his hand away. After watching many many replays of the hand shake Suarez kept his hand in the same position as he walked down the line shaking hands if you watch Evra his hand drops enough to miss Suarez then grabs his arm.

I think Evra was very clever to make Suarez look bad and keep the tensions high.

Thanks for pointing this out, it just shows what type of character evra is and sly one he is.....

Why though, is Suarez being slated for many for not shaking hands, yet rio did exactly the same thing?

Why though, is Suarez being slated for many for not shaking hands, yet rio did exactly the same thing?

Suarez racially abused Evra, then refused to shake his hand.

Ferdinand saw Suarez refuse to shake Evra's hand and then blanked him.

Most people think Suarez's actions were worse - I'm one of them. He's an idiot blessed with footballing talent.

He's embarrassed himself, Liverpool, his manager and some Liverpool fans. Other Liverpool fans can't see he has done anything wrong and think Evra is the cause of all this - I find that odd :thinking:

I'll go

Blackburn v QPR 1-2 (ever hopeful + blackburn's central defence is decimated)
Wolves v West Brom 1-1
Bolton v Wigan 3-0

Back to actual football and, well 0 results out of two so far - table is tight at the bottom and am getting increasingly nervous - Cisse is missing all the games we really need to win.

Suarez racially abused Evra, then refused to shake his hand.

Ferdinand saw Suarez refuse to shake Evra's hand and then blanked him.

Most people think Suarez's actions were worse - I'm one of them. He's an idiot blessed with footballing talent.

He's embarrassed himself, Liverpool, his manager and some Liverpool fans. Other Liverpool fans can't see he has done anything wrong and think Evra is the cause of all this - I find that odd :thinking:

Just about sums it up really. The guy is an arse, LFC are a disgrace and everybody with an ounce of decency now knows it.

On a happier note - great win for Harry and Spurs and I really hope that England get him.

Last edited:
Suarez not shaking hands with some twerp he detests - personal choice. It's not like he stuck his fingers up at him or spat in his face, he just didn't want to touch someone he obviously hates.

Evra dancing and goading him at the end - disgusting behaviour, embarrassing himself and his club.

The end.

The bigger man was Suarez for ignoring evras taunts at the end, staying calm and walking off. Evra could have caused a riot. All capped off by the really classy work of some fans and the ku klux klan magazine. Great show Manchester.

Last edited:
I really can't see why people think suarez is scum just because he didn't shake a hand. Thats all he did. Hardly crime of the century. There is obviously something going on between the two players so lets leave it as the media build up will just make things worse. All Suarez did was that, Evras celebration was worse IMO.

Shows rio to be be the numpty he is. Nothing to do with him so stay out of it.

I really can't see why people think suarez is scum just because he didn't shake a hand. Thats all he did. Hardly crime of the century. There is obviously something going on between the two players so lets leave it as the media build up will just make things worse. All Suarez did was that, Evras celebration was worse IMO.

Shows rio to be be the numpty he is. Nothing to do with him so stay out of it.

Precisely. At least someone can see past what the media is feeding them.

Joe, I would love to see what you would write about the subject if it were the other way around. You can't take your Liverpool hat off so you will always be in favour that LFC and Suarez are innocent, even some die hard LFC fans are against what has happened.

After reading the entire report from the FA I still can't see any proof that Suarez did what he was accused of. Why? Because it is not there.

As for yesterday, he should have shaken his hand just to end the matter.

After reading the entire report from the FA I still can't see any proof that Suarez did what he was accused of. Why? Because it is not there.

As for yesterday, he should have shaken his hand just to end the matter.

He admitted he said it, that is the fact. What he is trying to do is say that he thought it was OK to use that type of language in the UK.

Joe, I would love to see what you would write about the subject if it were the other way around. You can't take your Liverpool hat off so you will always be in favour that LFC and Suarez are innocent, even some die hard LFC fans are against what has happened.

It's irrelevant what other people think about the events. It has no affect on my opinion as it is my own. It doesn't make then more or less right. It's just opinion.

If it were the other way around I would feel the same. A handshake is just that, a handshake. Why the big deal, if they had shook hands they would still detest each other. It would have made no difference in the real world apart from the media would have said that it was an end to the events but it wouldn't have been. They would still feel the same way it would have just been for show.

tiler65 said:
He admitted he said it, that is the fact. What he is trying to do is say that he thought it was OK to use that type of language in the UK.

Which is why the ban was OTT. I am sure that there are parts of this world where saying "oh my god" or "Jesus Christ" could probably see you being done for blasphemy yet it's ok to say that here. The same terms in different countries will always often mean different things.

Which is why the ban was OTT. I am sure that there are parts of this world where saying "oh my god" or "Jesus Christ" could probably see you being done for blasphemy yet it's ok to say that here. The same terms in different countries will always often mean different things.

But the panel banned him for the offence because they believed he knew he was using it as a derogatory term.

tiler65 said:

What type of language? Again, linguistically he didn't use an offensive term in Spanish. If you don't get that tom I despair.

What type of language? Again, linguistically he didn't use an offensive term in Spanish. If you don't get that tom I despair.

If you don't think Suarez was using offensive language, I despair.

But the panel banned him for the offence because they believed he knew he was using it as a derogatory term.

They believed. So they don't know for certain? Also, while I might know not to swear in front of the kids sometimes words do come out. I am happy to give him the benefit of the doubt on that. I mean, if he really was racist would johnson and other black Liverpool players be happy?

They believed. So they don't know for certain? Also, while I might know not to swear in front of the kids sometimes words do come out. I am happy to give him the benefit of the doubt on that. I mean, if he really was racist would johnson and other black Liverpool players be happy?

What other black players?

Any chance we can get back to talking about football in The Football Thread please?

Yes.
Hopefully Villa can pull off an unlikely win today> Are City going on a jolly this week or something? :thinking: FA Cup next week, so United on top of the league for 2 weeks at least will be nice :)
Not fussed about the other Premiership game.

Yes.
Hopefully Villa can pull off an unlikely win today> Are City going on a jolly this week or something? :thinking: FA Cup next week, so United on top of the league for 2 weeks at least will be nice :)
Not fussed about the other Premiership game.

The opposite way round for me, Wolves/WBA is the important one for me. A draw would be very nice indeed.

That's because you are assuming Suarez is definitely guilty. Even though the investigation found him probably guilty. Then its two peoples words against each other there's every chance he wasn't guilty. So having an 8 match ban for not doing what you were accused of would make me not shake his hand either.

Regardless, he obviously can't stand evra so why shake the hand of someone you have no respect for?

(y) absolutely plus one! In my lifetime i have been accused of things i did not do. NOTHING would make me shake hands with those concerned.

Suarez has finally issued an apology. Lord knows why he and Dalglish made this such a fiasco but hopefully now he's accepted his wrongdoings we can move on.

Suarez has now issued an apology for the mountain out of a molehill handshake incident. Hopefully all the people who want to go on and on will now be satisfied.

No apology from evra for his behaviour at the end though yet. Once again Suarez being the bigger man.

TriggerHappy said:
Suarez has finally issued an apology. Lord knows why he and Dalglish made this such a fiasco but hopefully now he's accepted his wrongdoings we can move on.

It was the media who made it into this fiasco. Suarez probably doesn't mean the apology but has been told to make one for the sake of it and keep people happy.

Suarez has now issued an apology for the mountain out of a molehill handshake incident.

Finally, someone at Liverpool FC has got some PR sense. Interesting how Suarez didn't mention how Evra deliberately moved his hand out the way first though. :shrug:

Hopefully all the people who want to go on and on will now be satisfied.

But you're not satisfied, are you, still insisting that Evra's celebrations, however inflammatory, are in any way comparable to being racially abused in the workplace.

Finally, someone at Liverpool FC has got some PR sense. Interesting how Suarez didn't mention how Evra deliberately moved his hand out the way first though. :shrug:

But you're not satisfied, are you, still insisting that Evra's celebrations, however inflammatory, are in any way comparable to being racially abused in the workplace.

This debate is about whether his handshake was worse or not, he has already been punished for the alleged racial abuse. Not shaking someone's hand is not racial abuse.

Evra should apologise for his abysmal behaviour. If he doesn't then he will end up looking petty and embarrass his club.

Apparently Suarez had told the club he would shake Evra's hand then didn't...http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/ian-ayre-luis-was-wrong. It seems it took management intervention to try and save face for the club amongst all this. No doubt Dalglish will be raging behind the scenes if Suarez had told him he would shake hands then didn't. I don't know how you can ever claim Suarez is the bigger man; he's a disgrace.

This debate is about whether his handshake was worse or not, he has already been punished for the alleged racial abuse. Not shaking someone's hand is not racial abuse.

Evra should apologise for his abysmal behaviour. If he doesn't then he will end up looking petty and embarrass his club.

Or you could end up looking petty to think celebrating a win is abysmal behaviour.

Or you could end up looking petty to think celebrating a win is abysmal behaviour.

Nothing wrong with celebrating a win. Celebrating deliberately in front of Suarez, walking right in front and next to him is what is abysmal and ferguson admitted this himself.

I would expect he'll be reprimanding him behind the scenes and we should see an apology for this behaviour soon. If not then poorr show for man united

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back