The Football Thread - Season 2011/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another over reaction from a lot of you. Why should Suarez shake evras hand? He obviously doesn't like him or respect him. Why shake a hand of someone you don't like or respect?

Professionalism, maybe? Sportsmanship?

Maybe even some acknowledgement of possible past wrongdoing?

Ferguson at least had the decency to say that Evra shouldn't have celebrated in the manner that he did. A class apart.

Exactly what I said. It was a poor show from evra, glad fergiedoesnt said as much. For once I have some respect for him, which is rare.

I think Phil Neville called this one correctly. Suarez and Evra don't like each other, so why should they shake hands, it's not a requirement that people have to like each other, it's about the football.

Suarez got banned, served his punishment, it's time to move on.

Don't think anyone will take notice of Ferguson's attempt to select the Liverpool team :)

Professionalism, maybe? Sportsmanship?

Maybe even some acknowledgement of possible past wrongdoing?

He obviously feels that evra has created the incident and made it up. He doesn't feel he did wrong and since there were no witnesses it is his word against Vera's and lets face it neither of them have a good record of being professionals.

I don't think anyone should be force to shake hands with people they don't respect. It's personal choice. It's not like he goaded him or rubbe it in his face. He just ignored him as he felt he wa insignificant I suppose.

For once I have some respect for him, which is rare.

I find this amazing. Football PLAYERS, MANAGERS and the majority of the press, people who really do know what they are talking about respect Sir Alex Ferguson, one of the most successful managers from these shores, yet you struggle to praise him. LOL! of the highest degree!

I think Phil Neville called this one correctly. Suarez and Evra don't like each other, so why should they shake hands, it's not a requirement that people have to like each other, it's about the football.

Bingo. And that's coming from an everton player!

I find this amazing. Football PLAYERS, MANAGERS and the majority of the press, people who really do know what they are talking about respect Sir Alex Ferguson, one of the most successful managers from these shores, yet you struggle to praise him. LOL! of the highest degree!

So because other people think different I am not allowed to have my own opinion?

A class apart.

What, for suggesting that Suarez be banned from playing for Liverpool ever again..... for not shaking someone's hand?

Presumably he'll be releasing Rio Ferdinand from his contract this afternoon given he didn't shake Suarez's hand either :shrug:

He, along with Dalglish, Suarez, Evra, Neville, et all are as bad as each other. A bunch of children that need to grow up.

It's a bloody game for crying out loud.

Pathetic.

Why should Suarez shake evras hand? He obviously doesn't like him or respect him. Why shake a hand of someone you don't like or respect?

Because the world and his wife thought he may take the opportunity to defuse a horrible situation caused by himself and one which has subsequently been exasperated by Liverpool football club & is doing our game no good.

Instead he showed his true colours and dragged LFC even further into the mud. Whether he acted on it or not Dalglish (post match) had the opportunity to publicy condone the actions of Suarez but once again he failed to grasp the chance to do so, dragging himelf and the club to even lower depths and once again making the whole thing rumble on.

It's not rocket science and surely it's only a matter of time before LFCs owners put an end to the whole sorry affair.

Last edited:
Because the world and his wife thought he may take the opportunity to defuse a horrible situation caused by himself and one which has subsequently been exasperated by Liverpool football club.

Instead he showed his true colours and dragged LFC even further into the mud. Whether he acted on it or not Dalglish (post match) had the opportunity to publicy condone the actions of Suarez but once again he failed to grasp the chance dragging himelf and the club to even lower depths.

That's one way to look at it. The man u way where of course he couldn't possibly be actually innocent of the crime.

It could be that evra orchestrated the entire thing and lied. Which means he doesn't want anything to do with the little twerp.

It's about time everyone just moved on. Shake hands with who you want as ignore who you want. No drama.

Because the world and his wife thought he may take the opportunity to defuse a horrible situation caused by himself and one which has subsequently been exasperated by Liverpool football club.

Instead he showed his true colours and dragged LFC even further into the mud. Whether he acted on it or not Dalglish (post match) had the opportunity to publicy condone the actions of Suarez but once again he failed to grasp the chance dragging himelf and the club to even lower depths.

Why would Dalglish condone him. It was a personally decision not to shake Evra's hand.

Liverpool dragged to lower depths:thinking: Don't think so.

Because the world and his wife thought he may take the opportunity to defuse a horrible situation caused by himself....

Errr, I think perhaps you ought to read the full information relating to the original incident (which was actually started by Evra - who later changed his 'testimony' several times).

The problem has been caused by the FA and their 'independent' panel.

To get someone banned for 8 games ?

Why a Liverpool player though :LOL:
Weren't even in European competition never mind the Champions League and not a real threat for the title :wave:

And did Evra know something about the penalty of such a claim that no-one else seemed to at the time? I think not :wacky:

Why a Liverpool player though :LOL:
Weren't even in European competition never mind the Champions League and not a real threat for the title :wave:

And did Evra know something about the penalty of such a claim that no-one else seemed to at the time? I think not :wacky:

man u hate Liverpool and vice versa. Evra hates Suarez and vice versa. Evra doesn't lose anything by accusing Suarez, it's not the first time he has done it. He could make the accusation and if he wins, bonus, a player he dislikes gets to sit out of games from a club he dislikes. If he loses? No repercussions for him, so why not eh?

Errr, I think perhaps you ought to read the full information relating to the original incident (which was actually started by Evra - who later changed his 'testimony' several times).

The problem has been caused by the FA and theirpanel.

Tosh

It was the evidence of Suarez and Kuyt that was found to be laughable and subject to change.

Doesn't the outcome of the verdict hint at reliabilty ?

As for the punctuation around 'independent' - we're back to the Scouse victim rubbish again.

Last edited:
If Dalglish continues to show outstandingly poor judgement in his handling of this affair it won't be long before it is taken out of his hands by "corporate" Liverpool. As soon as the brand starts to get dragged through the mud and tainted with racism, sponsors and advertisers start to get cold feet about being associated with such, and the legacy of Liverpool FC tarnished I think the powers that be will step in and take action.

Whether that action will be a clear statement against racism or something more affirmative (along SAF's suggestion that Suarez shouldn't play for Liverpool again) I don't know.

Tosh

It was the evidence of Suarez and Kuyt that was found to be laughable and subject to change.

Doesn't the outcome of the verdict hint at reliabilty ?

As for the punctuation around 'independent' - we're back to the Scouse victim rubbish again.

Who said anything about scouse victims? I'm not a Liverpool fan, nor do I have any interest either way in Manchester United.

leftcurl said:
there's nothing worse than arguing with someone who knows what they're talking about

and Liverpool fans :LOL:
Enough from me on this matter :wave:

Why?
Suarez got away with kicking the ball in a wild manner at the end of the first half (should have been a yellow card), yet the captain of the team that have taken the top spot again dances with joy, coincidentally in close proximity of Suarez, what should be punished :shrug:

I remember a certain player running the length of the pitch, when scoring against a former team. That was a moment of madness blood rush!

What evra did was callous and disgusting, he has let Utd down there big time and should be looked into by the FA as it was a deliberate attempt at trying to get a reaction out of Suarez, even the Ref got involved! Shows you how serious it was at the time. To Suarez credit he ignored the idiot!

Also I back Suarez not shaking his hands, he has to play to the letter on the law doesn't mean he has to like his opposition or shake there hands at the start (otherwise the FA would of made it law that both teams have to shake hands).

Last edited:
Taxi for Suarez and Dalglish..
I've been a Liverpool fan all my life and all they have done is given Liverpool FC a bad name, I know some wont agree with me but thats life as we know it Jim..

Koscielny really is coming good for Arsenal this season amongst a torrid time for us with defensive injuries. Today's stats: 87 passes, 97% completion, 100% long ball accuracy, 3 tackles and 2 interceptions.

Looks like a rout happening at white hart lane. Glad Chelsea and Newcastle lost. Helps our fight or fourth. Shame arsenal one but a bit fairy take for Henry.

Just hope that man city can win tomorrow and put manure back in their place.

Because the world and his wife thought he may take the opportunity to defuse a horrible situation caused by himself and one which has subsequently been exasperated by Liverpool football club & is doing our game no good.

Instead he showed his true colours and dragged LFC even further into the mud. Whether he acted on it or not Dalglish (post match) had the opportunity to publicy condone the actions of Suarez but once again he failed to grasp the chance to do so, dragging himelf and the club to even lower depths and once again making the whole thing rumble on.

It's not rocket science and surely it's only a matter of time before LFCs owners put an end to the whole sorry affair.

That's one way to look at it. The man u way where of course he couldn't possibly be actually innocent of the crime.

It could be that evra orchestrated the entire thing and lied. Which means he doesn't want anything to do with the little twerp.

It's about time everyone just moved on. Shake hands with who you want as ignore who you want. No drama.

Why would Dalglish condone him. It was a personally decision not to shake Evra's hand.

Liverpool dragged to lower depths:thinking: Don't think so.

It could be that Evra orchestrated the whole thing or it could be that an investigation found him guilty of racist abuse. Something he admitted to.

There's a thing called social responsibilty - something he and LFC either don't understand or choose to ignore.

Shaking hands before a game isn't everybody's cup of tea but today it could have done a lot to diffuse a rancid situation which will now just make more news.

I thought there was a capaign to kick racism out of football but it seems we should lets just all move on, bury our heads in the sand and ignore it.

This is my first post in this thread and I'm a Liverpool fan but after watching the post match chat on Sky Sports news from the Liverpool dressing room was that Evra pulled his hand away. After watching many many replays of the hand shake Suarez kept his hand in the same position as he walked down the line shaking hands if you watch Evra his hand drops enough to miss Suarez then grabs his arm.

I think Evra was very clever to make Suarez look bad and keep the tensions high.

Mbuti said:
I remember a certain player running the length of the pitch, when scoring against a former team. That was a moment of madness blood rush!

What evra did was callous and disgusting, he has let Utd down there big time and should be looked into by the FA as it was a deliberate attempt at trying to get a reaction out of Suarez, even the Ref got involved! Shows you how serious it was at the time. To Suarez credit he ignored the idiot!

Also I back Suarez not shaking his hands, he has to play to the letter on the law doesn't mean he has to like his opposition or shake there hands at the start (otherwise the FA would of made it law that both teams have to shake hands).

Totally agree.

This is my first post in this thread and I'm a Liverpool fan but after watching the post match chat on Sky Sports news from the Liverpool dressing room was that Evra pulled his hand away. After watching many many replays of the hand shake Suarez kept his hand in the same position as he walked down the line shaking hands if you watch Evra his hand drops enough to miss Suarez then grabs his arm.

I think Evra was very clever to make Suarez look bad and keep the tensions high.

Seriously?!

[YOUTUBE]80Oed8OT4vw[/YOUTUBE]

I honestly don't know how you've seen that :thinking:

Agreed.

Some kind of Jedi mind trick I guess :LOL:
Does Suarez pull his hand away in the link...no.

I have Sky Sports on in the back ground and the high camera angle clearly shows Evra drop his hand.

No Jedi mind trick needed.

Does Suarez pull his hand away in the link...no.

I have Sky Sports on in the back ground and the high camera angle clearly shows Evra drop his hand.

No Jedi mind trick needed.

So why not go back then ?

I personally wouldn't have shaken Suarez's hand anyway if I was Evra but I can't think of a reason why Suarez shouldn't have shaken Evra's hand.

So why not go back then ?

Once Evra grabbed his arm it could have got a lot worse if other players decide to step in. The ref stepped in and put an end to it. The only stupid thing Suarez did that match was to kick the ball away at the end of the first half.

Evra waving his arms in front of Suarez at the end was much worse than the non hand shake. He can celebrate all he wants in front of his fans but trying to get a reaction from Suarez failed as he completely ignored him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back