TP 52'ers Class of 2016 Discussion thread Week 52 we made it! time to celebrate /( celebrations)

maybe more shoehorns are needed:naughty:
Well as the weather is looking crap for the week-end I guess I may have to put some real effort into the next gob shot :D

Arrgh, I haven't thought of something for Personal yet, and Effort is going to be harder, I think!
Well, Personally, I think you are going to have to put in a bit more Effort :D

Just realised I should have taken a selfie of me this morning as I'm in work and it's a lovely sunny day and the rest of the weekend looks rubbish it took real effort not to turn left at the traffic lights and head off towards Wales!

Just realised I should have taken a selfie of me this morning as I'm in work and it's a lovely sunny day and the rest of the weekend looks rubbish it took real effort not to turn left at the traffic lights and head off towards Wales!

And I've just been drilling holes ..... could have snapped a few off.... or even sod that...and headed for the Valleys too....

Sooooooo..... no one's up for the photo24? How about a 36 or a 48 then..... I mean..... the longer the better....right?

Here is the prelude to effort... all ready for a trip up North :)

0Ny3CEg.jpg

The main reason for posting the photo is @posiview was asking about rucksacks and here is the one I was talking about. Andy - that contains full overnight and winter walking/climbing kit (including 20m rope but no helmet) so gives you an idea of size etc. I wouldn't climb with the tent on the side like it is, but it would require a full repack to get it inside! And yes, the roll of dyneema is going inside at some point but I nearly forgot it so just stuck it in the grab handle :)

0Ny3CEg.jpg

The main reason for posting the photo is @posiview was asking about rucksacks and here is the one I was talking about. Andy - that contains full overnight and winter walking/climbing kit (including 20m rope but no helmet) so gives you an idea of size etc. I wouldn't climb with the tent on the side like it is, but it would require a full repack to get it inside! And yes, the roll of dyneema is going inside at some point but I nearly forgot it so just stuck it in the grab handle :)

Any idea how much this all weighs? The backpack mainly...

0Ny3CEg.jpg

Nice one, Paul, this is currently on a shortlist of 4 :)

My king prawn phall might not agree come tomorrow morning :eek:
They warn us mortal folks about not eating yellow snow, but do they warn climbers against eating brown snow?

:D

Hi all,
Apologies for not being around much of late. Lunacy at work has taken the edge off getting involved in the 52 for a while. I am at least back on day shifts now so I should have more time to give some much overdue comments and dust the camera off!
Still, only 6 themes to catch up on. AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH! :runaway::runaway::runaway::runaway::runaway:

Sooooooo..... no one's up for the photo24? How about a 36 or a 48 then..... I mean..... the longer the better....right?

......so....turn out was a bit poor......... (cough) ..... but now some of u have seen how easy a 24 is, there is the half way mark of the 52 coming up fast... .....

....sooooooo. ..... keep it in mind ;) I'll be mentioning it again...

Hmm... turns out I broke my foot two week ago :confused:. I did think it was a bit too sore for a bit too long for just tendon damage but hey ho.

Sadly I was only diagnosed with this on the way up Ben Nevis... not much I can do at that point apart from tighten up the boots and crampons and get on with it!

Hopefully I score some extra effort points though :D

Hmm... turns out I broke my foot two week ago :confused:. I did think it was a bit too sore for a bit too long for just tendon damage but hey ho.

Sadly I was only diagnosed with this on the way up Ben Nevis... not much I can do at that point apart from tighten up the boots and crampons and get on with it!

OUCH!

OMG what! I can't believe you've been walking about on a broken foot for two weeks! :eek: It's going to heal fine, I hope?

@pjm1 Ouch! Hope it didn't get too much in the way of your climbing adventure :eek: It's easy to do...my daughter fell off a horse and spent 2 weeks walking, running and dancing on her ankle before the doctor decided maybe she did need an x-ray after all...resulting in plaster for 4 weeks...how to feel like a rubbish mum!

Hardcore and well worth the effort :naughty:

Hardcore and well worth the effort :naughty:

Can barely feel it now - it's been two weeks and I was wondering why I couldn't put much weight on it until this weekend. Apparently the fact my foot filled with blood 24 hours after the "little sprain" should have been a giveaway :oops: :$

Anyway, I thought I'd post a few pics of our outing from Saturday... they're not pictures taken by me so for once I actually have a picture of myself on the mountain!

Here's the beginning of the snow action - I'm looking up the 45 degree slope we're about to head up to get onto the ridge and then the first summit (which is all hidden in clouds):

AHlRLaO.jpg

I think I might need to give the photographer a few tips on subject placement and composition ;)

This next one makes me laugh - it looks like we're just crawling along on our hands and knees for a laugh on a flat bit of snow:

U3RFGjD.jpg

It wasn't flat and that's us having to front point up a 500m slope. Sliding from there is not a good idea :eek:

And finally at the end of the ridge, having traversed our way from the first summit to the back side of Ben Nevis:
rNkrT0S.jpg

Yes, I remembered my goggles and balaclava unlike my walking pal who doesn't look too chuffed! Again, sliding down either side of the ridge is not to be encouraged...

Well that was good fun and apart from being able to do a reshoot of Topical (my shins are minced again) I'm feeling in pretty chipper shape.

An exhilarating way of spending Easter Saturday, that's for sure! :banana:

Can barely feel it now - it's been two weeks and I was wondering why I couldn't put much weight on it until this weekend. Apparently the fact my foot filled with blood 24 hours after the "little sprain" should have been a giveaway :oops: :$

Anyway, I thought I'd post a few pics of our outing from Saturday... they're not pictures taken by me so for once I actually have a picture of myself on the mountain!

Here's the beginning of the snow action - I'm looking up the 45 degree slope we're about to head up to get onto the ridge and then the first summit (which is all hidden in clouds):

AHlRLaO.jpg

I think I might need to give the photographer a few tips on subject placement and composition ;)

This next one makes me laugh - it looks like we're just crawling along on our hands and knees for a laugh on a flat bit of snow:

U3RFGjD.jpg

It wasn't flat and that's us having to front point up a 500m slope. Sliding from there is not a good idea :eek:

And finally at the end of the ridge, having traversed our way from the first summit to the back side of Ben Nevis:
rNkrT0S.jpg

Yes, I remembered my goggles and balaclava unlike my walking pal who doesn't look too chuffed! Again, sliding down either side of the ridge is not to be encouraged...

Well that was good fun and apart from being able to do a reshoot of Topical (my shins are minced again) I'm feeling in pretty chipper shape.

An exhilarating way of spending Easter Saturday, that's for sure! :banana:

Great to see the action pics Paul, very envious! Hope the foot heals nice and quick.

Great to see the action pics Paul, very envious! Hope the foot heals nice and quick.

Thanks Michael - it was an epic day out. My "broken" foot is feeling pretty good - I think I've become accustomed to the dull ache now... but my shins have been brutalised. Wrenching up my boots to give my ankle/foot additional support has had consequences :(

Looking forward to spending some time in normal shoes for the rest of the week now!

Back