1D MK111 & !DS MK111 RECALL LINK

This thread makes me love my 1D MkII bodies even more...

I really hope you folks get sorted out right quick and properly(y)

UPS just picked mine up.

I sent mine in two weeks before the recall. It came back on the Thursday prior to the Monday recall.

It did say on the notes about screws and washers and a clean!!!

Went out on the Sunday prior to the recall (Hawkstone International MX thread in Motorsport) and I must admit, it's functioning a hell of a lot better!

In fact the photo that I have of the rider doing a whip, I've had Loxley print A3, Gloss, Card Mounted and Metallic and am amazed with it! Awesome!!!! Will be on my wall soon!

Carl.

I must admit, it's functioning a hell of a lot better!

Carl.

Very interesting Carl - would you care to elaborate on what improvements you noticed.

I sent mine in two weeks before the recall. It came back on the Thursday prior to the Monday recall.

It did say on the notes about screws and washers and a clean!!!

Went out on the Sunday prior to the recall (Hawkstone International MX thread in Motorsport) and I must admit, it's functioning a hell of a lot better!

In fact the photo that I have of the rider doing a whip, I've had Loxley print A3, Gloss, Card Mounted and Metallic and am amazed with it! Awesome!!!! Will be on my wall soon!

Carl.

So yours was one of the ones the Canon lads practised on!!!:D:D

Think what they'll be like when they've perfected the mod!!

Seriously wouldn't it be good if this really is an improvement!!

If the performance is that much better, now i want one again! Haha!

Very interesting Carl - would you care to elaborate on what improvements you noticed.

A lot more images are in focus and those that are out of focus, I am pretty sure that I am more to blame that the camera.

With any luck, I'll be doing a 3hr trek to Abingdon from Manchester on Sunday to do some more moto cross and more testing!!!!

As I say, on the whole, I am happier that the camera is working far superior than the last outing where I got practically nothing!

Carl.

I got my email today as well, I've asked them to check their records and see if they've already done the fix and report back to me.

Otherwise, it's going for another trip to Elstree if the so desire it!

Carl.

It's fixed! Canon confirmed it! Mine doesn't need to go back!!!!

Roll on British Motocross Championship on Sunday at Culum!

Carl.

I took my camera to Lehmanns in Stoke this morning at 9am for a sensor clean I had booked in and the engineer called me two minutes after I left telling me that it had been recalled, I told him I knew this and was going to register online as the email said so when I had a chance and he told me not to worry that they would do it now if it was ok with me as they would need the camera for 2 days rather than 2 hours. I agreed and then at 3pm he called me back to tell me it was ready for collection which is brilliant. And whats even better they never charged me for the sensor clean I booked which would have cost £50 +VAT as they said they had done it with the repair works etc inclusive.

Must say this is a top notch service and would recommend using them to anyone. Only downside was I had finished my business in Stoke and was back in Liverpool when they called so will have to get them to ship my camera back to me or drive down there.

Mmm, so the dealers are treating this as a recall, if it is the fix we all hope, then really they should recall every one, but the way the info is worded, they say "only if you are experiencing problems"....which looks as if they are really saying "there is a problem, but if you haven't noticed it then we won't bother"
Think I'll have a word with Johnstons in Glasgow tomorrow and see if they have heard anything and really what the fix is all about. I haven't seen (although I may have missed) any definitive reason for the potential improvement. Have I missed this?

I took my camera to Lehmanns in Stoke this morning at 9am for a sensor clean I had booked in and the engineer called me two minutes after I left telling me that it had been recalled, I told him I knew this and was going to register online as the email said so when I had a chance and he told me not to worry that they would do it now if it was ok with me as they would need the camera for 2 days rather than 2 hours. I agreed and then at 3pm he called me back to tell me it was ready for collection which is brilliant. And whats even better they never charged me for the sensor clean I booked which would have cost £50 +VAT as they said they had done it with the repair works etc inclusive.

Must say this is a top notch service and would recommend using them to anyone. Only downside was I had finished my business in Stoke and was back in Liverpool when they called so will have to get them to ship my camera back to me or drive down there.
Get them to ship it.

I got my email but have decided to take it in to Elstree. Rang them and they confirmed this is OK and they are expecting me.

I should be able to do a good before & after test. I've got England v France this weekend, then it gets "fixed", then England v Scotland. I'll let y'all know how I get on.

Get them to ship it.

Yeah was going to but hate the idea of it being handled by either royal mail or a courier. Our place loses so much equipment each year in transit or it comes back in bits its frightening so might just take a run down there friday morning

I got my email but have decided to take it in to Elstree. Rang them and they confirmed this is OK and they are expecting me.

I should be able to do a good before & after test. I've got England v France this weekend, then it gets "fixed", then England v Scotland. I'll let y'all know how I get on.

Well, all your stuff with England and Scotland will be OOF as you'll be in mourning with tears running down your eyes...:D:D so that doesn't count as a test!!
You'll be taking lots of shots of the England players going to and from the sin bin!!:LOL::LOL:

George

I've just had a text message from Canon UK saying that my repair has been completed and will be delivered shortly.
So... collected Monday, arrived with them Tuesday, completed and (presumably) despatched Thursday, maybe I'll have it back tomorrow? It should Certainly be back for Monday at the latest.

Mmm, so the dealers are treating this as a recall, if it is the fix we all hope, then really they should recall every one, but the way the info is worded, they say "only if you are experiencing problems"....which looks as if they are really saying "there is a problem, but if you haven't noticed it then we won't bother"
Think I'll have a word with Johnstons in Glasgow tomorrow and see if they have heard anything and really what the fix is all about. I haven't seen (although I may have missed) any definitive reason for the potential improvement. Have I missed this?

Apparently its a screw and washer George, but im not sure thats all they are doing. I doubt we will ever really know either, but as long as its fixed i dont really care :)

Lehmanns have just carried out the repair on mine anyway regardless of the fact if it has the fault or not because they never asked me was I having problems with it, they just asked if they could keep it longer than expected to do the repair whilst their.

So I would recommend anyone with a 1DIII or 1DSIII just to get it done as a precaution. Inconvenience of not having a camera for a few days but I suppose in the long run its worth it.

UPS has just picked my two up this morning, thought I would have to wait in all day but they came at 9 am. My two 1D MKIII have had no problems but thought I might as well send them in for a check up, if Canon are paying.

Apparently its a screw and washer George, but im not sure thats all they are doing. I doubt we will ever really know either, but as long as its fixed i dont really care :)
Aye, Ian, I spoke to one of the Canon marketing guys, and he really didn't know (or wasn't letting on) as to what it is all about.
Oh I see that this is a milestone in posts for me!!
great forum, and thanks everyone for all your help and comments,

George(y)(y)(y)

hmmm just had a txt from canon to say its done, so might get it back tomorrow :)

How long has that taken, Ian? If it's quick and I can get it done before my trip, and assuming it's worthwhile, might try next week. I look forward to seeing how the owls react to the new superfast af:LOL::LOL:
George

If its of any help George, mine were collected on Tuesday and I received an email, only 20 min. ago, from Canon that 1 is one is being shipped out today with UPS and will have it tomorrow.

They collected it Tuesday George !

Yesterday!!! Blimey, that's what I call service!! Let us know how it goes, Ian, look forward to that. Off up to Raasay at the weekend to try for some more otters!!

Ooops, just realised it's Thurs today, senior moment!!

If its of any help George, mine were collected on Tuesday and I received an email, only 20 min. ago, from Canon that 1 is one is being shipped out today with UPS and will have it tomorrow.

Tom, thanks, then I'll send the forms or whatever . Thanks!!

Dammit, Ian, you got in before I could edit tit!!:bonk::bonk::bonk:

Oh, and that should have been"it" not "tit" before some smart a**e picks it up...

mihgt be cheaper and safer to have a wee holiday in the UK Mitch, and hand deliver them to Elstree ! :)

Every time i come back to UK i end up in Warehouse Express.

Just registered both mine in Spain (gulp).

Mine is all packed ready along with my 300f2.8.:D must be costing them a fotune just collecting all these cameras.

Mine is all packed ready along with my 300f2.8.:D must be costing them a fotune just collecting all these cameras.
Probably not as much as it would cost them if they lost the market for hi-spec bodies.

Mine was picked up early this morning.

Bob

Bought mine second hand at 30mths old so i,am impressed they are doing this to all of them, why are they doing this now, any ideas?

Assume you mean 3 months ;)

I suspect they want to release a Mk3N or Mk4 and they cannot do that with people complaining about the current model, it will hit sales as people wont want to spend the money if there is any doubt about the current model and its functionality. So if they fix the Mk3 now, when they are ready to release a new model, which i suspect wont be for nearly 12 months, people will have more confidence in it and spend money again :)

IMHO anyway ! :)

The thing that gets me is 'who is complaining'?

Ah well, just registered mine so I'll see what happens.

Back