iPHONE images... post your iPhone/Mobile pics HERE... :-)

Here's 2 from last night

IMG_1404.jpg

IMG_1392.jpg

An interesting adittion to Guthrie Street in Edinburgh.

6949759172_0329cae442_c.jpg

Last edited:
I have the clunky Flickr app.

What I meant was that the Instagram app doesn't have an option to send your image to Flickr yet. In 'Edit Sharing Settings' there is just Facebook, Twitter, Foursquare and Tumblr.

Flickr has been promised but not appeared yet.

The only photograph I was able to take of the Sea Odyssey installation in Liverpool. I have been in work throughout and am in work for the finale tomorrow :( Shot this one this morning of the little girl and her dog sleeping before I started work:

while she sleeps
by rednorters, on Flickr

here is my attempt from an iphone 4 captured last weekend outside my inlaws house ;0

IMG_3057.jpg

Norfolk Coast. Took this whilst at a friend's wedding last year. I love the 'English' feel of the wind screen and child digging in the sand. Shame I wasn't fast enough to capture the large, wet Labrador running to the screen, shaking itself and the woman jumping out of her skin shrieking. :) Was too busy laughing!

6112980674_dec395814f_z.jpg

Last edited:
A few of my best, from a variety of Camera phones over the years. First post including pictures.... I sussed it out, yay! :bonk:

7133605385_6c7ec537f7_c.jpg

This one was from a walk up Moel Famau on the iphone 4.

7133605341_c29cd3ccea_z.jpg

This is a really old one from Muse at the MEN Arena in Manchester using a K800i.

6987521330_7bfb11984b_z.jpg

The butterfly was from 2005, taken on a k750i

7133605877_b3d5490195_z.jpg

This one is 2006 from my old Car, on a K800i again. That Sony had a fab lens on it and great auto focus.

Since this isn't a camera-specific or manufacturer-specific forum (e.g. Nikon Cafe, POTN), I've been wondering why we have a separate thread for cameraphone photos. These days, the cameras in our mobile phones are just as good as most compact cameras and can rival DSLRs for some shots. I'd be hard-pressed to produce macro shots as good as the ones I've posted in this thead using my Nikon D5100 DSLR, at least without using a dedicated macro lens, close-up filters, or risking camera shake with a long zoom.

I think we should be posting more cameraphone photos in the other forums. What does everyone else think?

Since this isn't a camera-specific or manufacturer-specific forum (e.g. Nikon Cafe, POTN), I've been wondering why we have a separate thread for cameraphone photos. These days, the cameras in our mobile phones are just as good as most compact cameras and can rival DSLRs for some shots. I'd be hard-pressed to produce macro shots as good as the ones I've posted in this thead using my Nikon D5100 DSLR, at least without using a dedicated macro lens, close-up filters, or risking camera shake with a long zoom.

I think we should be posting more cameraphone photos in the other forums. What does everyone else think?

I see where you're coming from Garry, but I'm not sure I'd be for it. The reason is that the images I take with my iPhone tend to be edited very diferently than those I take with my D7000. Using Camera+, SnapSeed and Instagram produces (what seems to me) a different type of photography which I am happy to differentiate. Good question though and it will be interesting to read other opinions.

Back