iPHONE images... post your iPhone/Mobile pics HERE... :-)

Thanks, Nick. For a little while now I've been playing with Instagram, so I've been keeping the Vignette settings as plain as possible, i.e. Filter:None, Frame:confused:quare. Then I edit them using Photo Editor if needed before processing them with Pixlr-o-matic, PicSay Pro, or Pix. Then I bring them into Instagram and might add another filter before uploading them.

I seem to recall that with this one I used a Pixlr-o-matic filter and an Instagram filter, but don't ask me which ones as I didn't make any notes. For me this comes under the "Insta" part of "Instagram". Shoot it, process it, upload it, all on the phone and all within a few minutes. It's quite a liberating way to shoot compared to using my Nikon D5100.

I played around with Vignette's filters a couple of years ago when I first got it and didn't like the look of most of them. So I either tend to use Filter:None or Filter:Normal (Generic film effect).

Contributing, shooting a sunset :)
7215514374_bf838fe972_c.jpg

I see where you're coming from Garry, but I'm not sure I'd be for it. The reason is that the images I take with my iPhone tend to be edited very diferently than those I take with my D7000. Using Camera+, SnapSeed and Instagram produces (what seems to me) a different type of photography which I am happy to differentiate. Good question though and it will be interesting to read other opinions.

I post my art nude shots in that subform here and have done for over a year. I rarely, if ever mention that they are iphone shots. No-one comments that they are low quality (they aren't so it's just as well(y)) I also regularily post my shots in other photography and modelling forums and don't mention they are iphone shots...and again, no one objects (probably because they don't have their preconceived blinkers on from being told it's a cameraphone shot).

I understand what ricardo is saying about his iphone shots being processed differently though. I sold my DSLR so i just have my phone now...so it's not a concern for me. It's just a tool to me, a camera if you will!

Nice blog post Garry.
Just after I started using my iphone for shooting i was in Paris with my wife and she suggested i stoat around doing the photographer thing near the pompidou centre while she did some shopping and we'd meet up at her favourite cafe later in afternoon. Storm clouds gathered and i wondered about going to cafe early to get out of impending rain. Instead I hung around under shaded trees waiting. Got this shot.

4032570981_d85feb389a_z.jpg

That was one of my first shots with original iphone i borrowed.

Here are a couple of my latest from my time at the Glasgow Apple Store yesterday during their iphoneography day, where i was helping out and talking.

7235954764_f7b65f124e_z.jpg

7236166694_c46b8ab3d8_z.jpg

Nice blog post Garry.

Thanks, Gordon. Nice set of photos. :)

A camera is a camera is a camera. Whether it's a DSLR, bridge camera, compact, EVIL, CSC, rangefinder, film SLR, cameraphone, or what-have-you, it's a camera. The only reasons I can think of for mentioning which particular one you use are a) for those people who want to know all the technical details, and b) for those camera-specific forums such as Nikon Cafe that also have a phone-shot thread.

Quick try with the AutoStitch app on the Iphone.

Eskaheen_TP-11.jpg

Last edited:
Back