OFFICIAL I HAVE A NEW (FILM RELATED) TOY THREAD!!

Not sure if it counts as a new toy, but I was given a batch of Polaroid 665 film today...which is beautiful to shoot with.

Planning on running it through one of my favourite cameras, my 600 SE, when the right project comes to mind :)

5078965916_efcdf56d9d_z.jpg

Very nice Snapper, a Mamiya Press with an instant back. Cracking condition by the look of it too.

got it ! konica autoreflex tc + hexar 40mm f1.8

I love it ! how it looks, how it operates.

I guess I'll need to beg Ambermiles Arthur to dev my ilford now ! :( :D

I've just found out (after a few years) that the TC meter doesn't work with a M42 or Tamron adaptor...there is a thingie on the mount to show what only Hexanon type lens is used, as the exposure scale changes with different lenses.

Not to be left out on the AE-1 front:

Old School by Pam & Ben, on Flickr

AE-1 with A winder, FD 50mm f/1.8, Vivitar 28mm f/2.8 and Paragon 2x teleconverter. Picked up for just over fifty quid including filters, cable release, bag and cheapo tripod. No squeal from the shutter but I suspect the light seals may need attention.

It's arrived - the only camera I'll ever need.

Cameras-1.jpg

Now I just need a much, much better lens for it...

It might be the only one you need.... but I guarantee you will add more just because you can (y)

I have my Dynax 7 and its since I got that its been joined by a pair of Minolta 7000's, a 5000, also a 9000 and 7000i on the way and at some point they will all be joined by a 9xi and Dynax 9 when funds allow (oh and a 600SI) :bonk::bonk::bonk:

Speaking of the Dynax 7, I just had a moment of pure luck when I happened to notice someone on Flickr talking about a Dynax 7 that doesn't get used any more - few messages later and there is now a VC-7 grip headed to me for the very reasonable sum of £50!

I think I could have gotten away with less but the guy said he had no clue what it was worth and I should just name a price, so I thought I would try to be reasonable. So chuffed.

In about a week's time I am also picking up a 5400HS flash, 3500xi flash, cable release, 24-105D, and Minolta brand camera bag for the princely sum of £130. My little Minolta collection is growing into a full-blown set up now!

Last edited:
I think it's only obvious that you now need to sell your d60 ! :) and get a sony dslr plus a good kit lens ! :nuts:

I've just found out (after a few years) that the TC meter doesn't work with a M42 or Tamron adaptor...there is a thingie on the mount to show what only Hexanon type lens is used, as the exposure scale changes with different lenses.

I'll have minolta for the m42 stuff !

I'll have minolta for the m42 stuff !

I have a FT1 as well, but it doesn't show the exposure reading in the viewfinder otherwise gives correct exposure...I'll have to find out if the M42 and Tamron adapters work with this one. Come to think of it maybe the TC might give the correct exposure on semi auto, just not in the viewfinder for manual use.

Edit: Stupid me as I forgot the FT1 (and TC) are shutter priority so can't check either without a separate exposure meter.

Last edited:
p p p p p

p p

Please ! :( :LOL:

I've waited long to put a ilford in a camera as in my mind the camera needs to be oldschoolish to do so . b&w film you know !! :D

Well sure, I mean I'll do it OK but I don't wanna be making a habit of it - having just done one for James I can echo BY and say it's a whole lot more stressful than cooking my own films :help:

Well sure, I mean I'll do it OK but I don't wanna be making a habit of it - having just done one for James I can echo BY and say it's a whole lot more stressful than cooking my own films :help:

I hear ya ! :( that's why I feel bad asking ! :D

after me, you can close the shop down for sure ! :LOL:

May well be more than that closing down :shake:

Yeah - he can have two fingers if he likes

Ah. So you admit the illegitimi bit then... :D

The Minolta revolution continues !! :naughty::naughty:

Mr Postman delivered lots of new toys today :)

Minolta 7000i complete with 35-80 and 70-210 zooms for £50, a virtually mint 5000 which cost me the grand total of £4.95 including postage and a 9000 which only cost me £4.24 but just need to get a battery tray to get it up and running!!

The jewel in the crown is not a camera but will certainly be a very very useful bit of kit, a Minolta Scan Elite 5400 film scanner :love::love:

P1010475.jpg

A hexanon 135mm f3.5 going at a reasonable price... £12 inc delivery BIN....can't see anything wrong with it, but the usual caveat emptor.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300480713592&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:GB:1123

thaaank you ! :LOL:

I paid £225 for it but I think I got a bit of a bargain... The MKII 5400 still fetch huge amounts of money!

spot on bargains ! :) . I'm especially happy about the 9000 and the scanner. I've been after a 9000 for some time but I guess I haven't payed much attention to them lately.

Owned a Minolta 5000, a 5000i and then a 7000 years ago. I used to love them all.

My new toy really should be my GF1 and all the lenses I've bought for it, but the Rollei SL35E I've just acquired seems to be taking over somehow.

I loved all my Minolta gear, had numerous bodies at the time before I went to Canon when I switched to digital. I used to use a 9xi as well as a Dynax 9 so looking forward eventually to owning them again at some point.

Back on the subject of scanners, a Scan Elite 5400 II went for £700 tonight on ebay!! Making serious money!!

Hello sweetie...
Suggestive.gif

T-VS-III.jpg

Last edited:
hells teeth....it has a plastic drawbridge...

I really have no idea what you find attractive about half the cameras you post here......:D

Akchewally, it's metal... but it's very small, it's a very sharp lens and it's the right range (30-60mm) for me. And it's cool too - well I think it is! I have been warned by Ujjwal not to let the CL out of my sight, so that has to stay... but I must admit I seem to be going to extremes... the little cameras like this and the nano, to the quarter plate beasties - not much in the way of SLR's getting a look in for some time now.

PS - oh yes, it's aperture priority, AF if you want it to be, and is quite fetching - even if the bloody flash resets to on every time you turn the camera off :shrug:

Last edited:
Well I do actually think the most beautiful cameras are range finders, compacts or something of that ilk, but that doesn't make em all lookers.
That ones definitely had a good smack with the ugly bat I reckon...:nuts:

True - it does not have the lines of the T-VS, but the lineage is there and I can't see the camera when I take a picture :LOL:

My latest very cheap bargins

087.jpg

The whole lot cost me £1.30 yes £1.30 :D:D:D:D

canon ae-1 in bits
Milolta XG1 broken
Minolta XG2 broken

Tamaron SP FD mount 2x converter mint with 1 cap :love:
M42 lens cap
49mm mint lens hood rubber
49mm hoya skylight filter as new
55mm lens cap
EF lens cap

Latest toys.

A mint, one owner from new Yashica 635 TLR, complete with lens covers and lens hood,plus four films, sadly no 35mm kit, but who wants to shoot 35mm on a medium format anyway?

635.jpg

A cute little Minox PL, complete with case and paperwork, it was a gamble as the guy hadn't tested it, but threw a battery in and it works fine so far.

minox.jpg

I'm still going to get the Yashica 124 repaired at some point as thats a mint condition one as well, but the D will have to wait for a donor shutter or act as donor to another.

Now if I could just find a cheap, but not wrecked Nikon FM and 50mm... hmmm.. tough one.

Nice glass you got there, some of the best of it's time.

the zoom doesn't feel right (not because it's bad or something, in fact - the macro is nice). need to replace it with the 28mm sometime. I'm so glad I discovered Konica for myself. I have the tc-x as well, but although it's still lovely it's not a mach for the TC .

I got a spare 28 I think - PM me... I could do with a wee zoom for the Autoreflex

Back